TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby GT500 the last American Muscle Car?

ISAID

Revenge- you better wake-up before it is to late. If you think Obama is going to let 12 and 14 MPG cars to continue to be produced your are sadly mistaken. If you think the public determines the future of the muscle car I guess you believe the public agreed to the bailout of GM & Chrysler, the banks, the insurance companies, and of course closing Gitmo. HA!HA!HA! BULL :censored: S :censored: T.

Amen to that. In the early 70's there was still a demand but the govt and insurance companies killed them. Mustang II, Need I say more. I think by 2014 it will be over.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Bankruptcy of Chrysler, and GM eliminating Pontiac, the Z28 and probably the Corvette and with the enormous pressure from the Obama Administration to meet MPG requirements and alternative fuel Hybrids is the 2010 Shelby GT500 going to be the last American Muscle Car Produced? Chime in and lets get your thoughts. :cry::lurk::headscratch:

No way! Obama will simply provide a new definition for "Muscle Car" for all of us to follow!

:hysterical:

No way! Obama will simply provide a new definition for "Muscle Car" for all of us to follow!

When Did OBAMA decide he has the authority to define what constitutes a Muscle Car? His Definition will be a 4 cylinder rice burner that kicks out 250 hp or an electric vehicle that has an exhaust note that sounds like a singer sewing machine. I don't need someone to define what a muscle car is nor does anyone on this forum that has or have had a true American Muscle Car. Obama can keep his change and his definitions he aquired as a civil activist to himself. Let me give you my Definition of OBAMA: A Shit Salesman With A mouth Full Of Samples!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Someone brought up an interesting point of view in one of these threads, basically saying that yes, we all got ours now... but who is to say that they are not going to impose some type of fuel restriction on those that own them already?? So, not the fact that the muscle cars might not be made in the future, but that the muscle cars currently being driven will face "sanctions," if you will, forcing them off the road as well.

This is where this forum gets off track, stick to car stuff. If i want political shit i will turn on the net work crap. This is an escape from all that BS that everyone has the answer to. Lets just keep it low key. When i drive my Shelby i don't have talk radio on. When i drive with my wife in her HHR that's when i hear political stuff. Don't get me wrong we can't stick are heads in the sand, but on this site we can stick are heads under our hoods. Of course they must be Shelby hoods or nothing less.

Someone brought up an interesting point of view in one of these threads, basically saying that yes, we all got ours now... but who is to say that they are not going to impose some type of fuel restriction on those that own them already?? So, not the fact that the muscle cars might not be made in the future, but that the muscle cars currently being driven will face "sanctions," if you will, forcing them off the road as well.

That is so true, I'm sure in the near future we will be dealing with fuel allotments on a quantity of fuel per week or month per familiy. I also suspect that fines or an extra tax will be levied for owners of vehicles who donot have meet a specific MPG rating. The Good Old Days are gone. :cry::headscratch::lurk:

This is where this forum gets off track, stick to car stuff. If i want political shit i will turn on the net work crap. This is an escape from all that BS that everyone has the answer to. Lets just keep it low key. When i drive my Shelby i don't have talk radio on. When i drive with my wife in her HHR that's when i hear political stuff. Don't get me wrong we can't stick are heads in the sand, but on this site we can stick are heads under our hoods. Of course they must be Shelby hoods or nothing less.

This is a place where I don't click and read the threads I don't want to read...

That is so true, I'm sure in the near future we will be dealing with fuel allotments on a quantity of fuel per week or month per familiy. I also suspect that fines or an extra tax will be levied for owners of vehicles who donot have meet a specific MPG rating. The Good Old Days are gone. :cry::headscratch::lurk:

Lets not go off the deep end . We can all come up with worst case situations, but that's to negative. If you guys want to discuss this than get active in your home town politics. This is just a place to share Shelby stuff.

Lets not go off the deep end . We can all come up with worst case situations, but that's to negative. If you guys want to discuss this than get active in your home town politics. This is just a place to share Shelby stuff.

That is true. I thought this was in the off-topic forum. :shrug: Shows you how much I am really paying attention, huh? Sorry.

At any rate, back ON topic... the 2010 could be the last muscle considering the current trend of things. I can see that.

That is true. I thought this was in the off-topic forum. :shrug: Shows you how much I am really paying attention, huh? Sorry.

At any rate, back ON topic... the 2010 could be the last muscle considering the current trend of things. I can see that.

If Ford doesn't start shipping the 09' might be the last. :banghead:

Can't wait for my GRABBER BLUE with White Stripes.

Cobra09

If Ford doesn't start shipping the 09' might be the last. :banghead:

Can't wait for my GRABBER BLUE with White Stripes.

Cobra09

Amen! You may be right, I may have to go back to the dealer and get the KR he has on the show room floor.

I started this thread and do not want to get off topic but how else could the 2010 be the last or one of the last muscle cars? Let me answer my on question, because of the government and their strict MPG requirements. The Mustang has been a top seller for years as long as Ford is allowed to produce them people will buy them. The problem comes in when FORD, GM and CHRYSLER are told what they can and cannot produce. So politics does have a hell of alot to do with the future of The American Muscle Car.

Well it looks almost certain that GM will be filing for Bankruptcy now. BYE!BYE! Vette, Camaro, the Viper, Challenger, and Charger are history. Hum! Maybe the 2010 Shelby GT500 is "The Last American Muscle Car" if they will every ship them. May have to go get that KR off the Show Room floor. :cry::lurk:

interior.jpg

Sorry Guys I am a rookie at this photo stuff trying to learn photo bucket. The image posted to my suprise, I thought this was a cool photoof the interior what do you think?

Well it looks almost certain that GM will be filing for Bankruptcy now. BYE!BYE! Vette, Camaro, the Viper, Challenger, and Charger are history. Hum! Maybe the 2010 Shelby GT500 is "The Last American Muscle Car" if they will every ship them. May have to go get that KR off the Show Room floor. :cry::lurk:

What color is the KR? They have a Black one here they begged me to take it at tripple Net. I ordered a Basic car no electronics package, or any other options, thinking of going back to the dealer and see if he has another one ordered if it is loaded work a deal for it. Mine has been sitting outside in the Bird Stuff since March 18. :banghead::doh::cry:

Cobra 09

What color is the KR? They have a Black one here they begged me to take it at tripple Net. I ordered a Basic car no electronics package, or any other options, thinking of going back to the dealer and see if he has another one ordered if it is loaded work a deal for it. Mine has been sitting outside in the Bird Stuff since March 18. :banghead::doh::cry:

Cobra 09

The dealer is ASTRO FORD in D'Ibberville Ms. The KR is the Silver with Blue Stripes and Black Interior. He offerred it to me at sticker. He also has a Roush P-51B it was 63k if I remember right and the KR was either 73K or 79K what ever sticker was.

Everything about this car has grown on me. That interior shot is a major improvement. I think a lot of the 2010 bashing is just a case of people needing time to adjust to the new look.

I havn't adjusted yet.............. :lol:

Well! GM has now filed for Bankruptcy and the US Government will own some 60% and the Canadian Govt. will have a 7 or 8% share. I believe like I said before that there will be no more vett's, camaro's, challenger's, charger's, or viper's. If Ford can stay out from under Obama's Dictatorship we might continue to get the Ford Muscle cars. However, I believe the 2010 Shelby GT500 may very well be "THE LAST AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR".

• 4 weeks later...
Well! GM has now filed for Bankruptcy and the US Government will own some 60% and the Canadian Govt. will have a 7 or 8% share. I believe like I said before that there will be no more vett's, camaro's, challenger's, charger's, or viper's. If Ford can stay out from under Obama's Dictatorship we might continue to get the Ford Muscle cars. However, I believe the 2010 Shelby GT500 may very well be "THE LAST AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR".

Hey guys all you that have gotten your cars does it feel like a true American Muscle Car. Does the exhaust note make your heart race, do you turn on your favorite music and see who is at the red light next to you just in case they want to test out your new ride. Is the 2010 The Last American Muscle Car? :shift:

Hey guys all you that have gotten your cars does it feel like a true American Muscle Car. Does the exhaust note make your heart race, do you turn on your favorite music and see who is at the red light next to you just in case they want to test out your new ride. Is the 2010 The Last American Muscle Car? :shift:

It may not be the last one,but its the best one,considering the total package,ie hp,sound,comfort,brakes,handling,looks,fit and finish.I gave up street racing a long time ago (Im old enough to remember leaving a white castle in the bronx,goin out and having several cars blockade I95 at 10PM, have 2 cars get in front and race-never got a ticket).Crazy really.The only thing ive drven thats close to this was a 435hp 67 vette,but none of the creature comforts,or stopping.I love my torch red vert.Exhaust note is terrific,not too loud,but a very nice rumble

I thought the cop car with the lights flashing in the drivers side mirror was a nice touch.

Yea! I will probably be seing those flashing lights in a couple weeks when I get my car. I going to drive it like it was made to drive. :speedie:

Archived