TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lookie at what I bought myself for my birthday!!

Matts

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I just bought myself a nice borla performance exhaust for my 2005 V6 Mustang.

Please don't kill me. :fear: :fear:

P3130032.jpg

P3130036.jpg

P3130037.jpg

Looking into the tip.

P3130035.jpg

P3130034.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'll be installing possibly this Sunday.

You'll like the Terlingua side exhaust better than the FRPP. I almost did the side exhausts on my GT500, but the clearance issues swayed me otherwise.

I have 18 inch Enkei wheels for the race days. The officials don't like it, but hey I'll be moving up to some classes once the Terlingua is started and finished. The 20 inch are pretty much just for show lol.

Not only do the wheels weigh more, the tires weigh more also (unsprung weight). There are diminishing returns once you reach a certain size (about 18") just like with everything else. Tire sidewall height and flex depends on many factors. At some point physics starts to reduce handling gain. My understanding is that most road racers use 18's.

Rick, can you confirm that?

Correct

I personally like 17's, but I had several experiences with other driver's cars where they had 18 inch wheels on the same car as I. There is a noticeable difference, but it comes down to how well you put the car together, how well you can drive the car, and who has the deepest pockets.

I agree, the 20 inch wheels is just a useless bling that adds styling and are dead weight.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I would rather have wider surface area then trying to lose weight.

Don't get me wrong guys- I'm not saying: "bigger is better". I'm simply stating that smaller sidewalls flex less (when comparing the same tire material and type).

You are both correct, however, that the more weight that your suspension must control- the slower its reaction time and/or road feedback becomes. Besides, I don't think you can get sticky tires in 20" anyway. Personally, I am thinking about getting a cheap set of 18" Mustang wheels to put some DOT racing tires on.

Yeah, I just found a set of 'Fan Blades' for not much money.

I think we jacked this guys thread.

LOL

don't care to be honest.

I enjoy having everyones opinions even if it's off topic. :happy feet:

::UPDATE::

Installed the exhaust today :happy feet:

My father and I installed it today.

P3170053.jpg

P3170054.jpg

P3170055.jpg

P3170057.jpg

P3170058.jpg

After some heavy modification we finally got her to fit.

The process took 5 hours with tons of breaks and a lot patience. I will have more pics soon!

::UPDATE::

Installed the exhaust today :happy feet:

My father and I installed it today.

P3170053.jpg

P3170054.jpg

P3170055.jpg

P3170057.jpg

P3170058.jpg

After some heavy modification we finally got her to fit.

The process took 5 hours with tons of breaks and a lot patience. I will have more pics soon!

Awesome!!! Let us know how you like them. :happy feet:

VB

OH

MY

GOD!

I just put 150 miles on the car and I enjoyed no I LOVED every minute of it! :happy feet:

My next mods are 6 piston brakes and the x charger supercharger then the Terlingua!!! :yahoo:

I can't wait till she's done!!! :rockon: :happy feet:

Archived