TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Had to give up my allocation

henrycp

Hey. Learned earlier this week that my wife will be layed off. We'll be ok but the new toy will have to wait. That said, my order had yet been submitted by my dealer (I suspected the layoff might be coming and my dealer was cool enough to hold the order for me...that's customer service!!) so he still has the allocation. Can order a 2010 Shelby GT500 any way wanted. Dealer is in central Illinois. PM me if interested.

Just as an FYI, he still has an 08 red vert w/ white stripes, 08 KR silver w/ blue stripes, 09 red vert w/ silver stripes, 09 white coupe w/ blue stripes and an 09 vapor w/ black stripes. SUPER nice guy and a great dealership.

On a side note, he might have been feeling sorry for me but today I drove a 2010 Kona Blue GT vert and the 09 red GT500 vert. I saw a Kona Blue GT500 indoors at the Chicago auto show but this is the first time seeing it outdoors in the sunlight. It really is a beautiful color! One thing I like about it is that it's so dark the black plastic skirts don't show so much. The 2010 interior is nicer than the 09 IMO. The differences in the NAV screens really jumped out at me. The 2010 screen is much bigger. It has split view capability to where one half of the screen is a navigation map and the other half is either touch screen radio controls or touch screen climate controls (you can swith back and forth). It really is nice.

Sorry to hear that HANK ! I agree that your dealer was easy to talk to , not pushy and service oriented. I SUPPORT THAT SOMEONE CAN EASILY BUILD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT DEALER. SOMEONE SHOULD FOLLOW UP.

Archived