TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eye Candy

ratnacage

man, if I bought one of those, I would not let it sit in the showroom. It'd be on the first truck headed west

Most don't sit for more than about a week while we get shipping arranged, HOWEVER - one of the owners doesn't have a place to keep his, so we're holding it for something like 6 months!

Where the he!! is that? I thought they were all bought! BTW - I've got my fingers crossed because I might get a ride on the NR-1

NR-1? Interesting. My first Captain (USS Oklahoma City) had been OIC for the NR-1

hmmm... I've seen that same (or it looks the same) photo a couple of months back. Seems like it was the same group of GT's in that pic also

None except one of the grey one's is the same (see my previous post). The red one's been here the longest - about 4 weeks. The rest are less than two weeks on site, with two having arrived within the last 3 days. The middle 4 are sold.

yes but not that many dealers have them any longer ...or do they? Sounds like you are in the know about this, so just how many are there actually for sale /still available at dealerships here in the US ?

hundreds, but the problem for most buyers is that most dealers are still charging $10k or more over MSRP, or they've put miles on the ones they have. We have a yellow one that should arrive shortly - I really hope some of these ship before then 'cause we're running out of room. Actually, the black one will ship next week, and the Heritage at the back and the middle white one should ship after turkey day (same guy bought the white one and the Heritage). The middle grey one is the resident GT - the owner comes by every once in a while to drive it around the block.

hundreds, but the problem for most buyers is that most dealers are still charging $10k or more over MSRP, or they've put miles on the ones they have. We have a yellow one that should arrive shortly - I really hope some of these ship before then 'cause we're running out of room. Actually, the black one will ship next week, and the Heritage at the back and the middle white one should ship after turkey day (same guy bought the white one and the Heritage). The middle grey one is the resident GT - the owner comes by every once in a while to drive it around the block.

How much do they cost ? 140K ?

How much do they cost ? 140K ?

MSRP = $166,945 with all four options (stripes, Macintosh, BBS wheels, and painted calipers). I think $140k was the base price for an 05 model.

The white one at the back just arrived tonight. It has the standard wheels - they're pretty cool looking.

MSRP = $166,945 with all four options (stripes, Macintosh, BBS wheels, and painted calipers). I think $140k was the base price for an 05 model.

The white one at the back just arrived tonight. It has the standard wheels - they're pretty cool looking.

So with these super cars discontinued, whats next for Ford in this catigory ?

Most are delivered with between 1.5 and 2.5 miles. One car in ten was driven an extra 20 miles for quality audit purposes before it left the plant at Wixom.

There are presently about 400 GTs unsold at dealers. They are moving at the rate of about 50 per month. If you and are willing to work at it you can buy a new GT for between sticker and invoice today.

If I win powerball-lottery tonight, I'll be contacting one of these dealers. Lord I wish Ford wouldn't have discontinued this car--it did a great deal to help their image I think. Any word on whether they might build what I think I remember was called the GR-1(?) an equally beautiful car?

GR-1 is dead last I checked.

Most are delivered with between 1.5 and 2.5 miles. One car in ten was driven an extra 20 miles for quality audit purposes before it left the plant at Wixom.

There are presently about 400 GTs unsold at dealers. They are moving at the rate of about 50 per month. If you and are willing to work at it you can buy a new GT for between sticker and invoice today.

We're averaging 5 - 6 per month.

Today was weird. A guy walks in and buys the red one, then about 30 minutes after he signs the papers, another guy comes in to buy it. This car has been here for 4 weeks with barely a nibble, then suddenly it's the coolest kid on the block.

Archived