TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed BBK shorty's Tuned headers- Chrome

Ended up have dealer install my headers due to wife break my you know what over finishing baby's box !!! What till she see the bill :cry:

they never learn. But what a big difference when you sit there and rev the engine you can feel that it's not choking anymore. The sound difference is a little louder but not deep enough. I'm thinking flowmaster's !! When, I drove you can feel a change it was more alive and the exhaust again was louder but not deep enough. The dealer installed the headers from the top you got me on that tactic, I thought it was from the bottom.

Ended up have dealer install my headers due to wife break my you know what over finishing baby's box !!! What till she see the bill :cry:

they never learn. But what a big difference when you sit there and rev the engine you can feel that it's not choking anymore. The sound difference is a little louder but not deep enough. I'm thinking flowmaster's !! When, I drove you can feel a change it was more alive and the exhaust again was louder but not deep enough. The dealer installed the headers from the top you got me on that tactic, I thought it was from the bottom.

Need Pics!!! You know the rules... :D What was the bill for the headers and install if you don't mind me asking....

Need Pics!!! You know the rules... :D What was the bill for the headers and install if you don't mind me asking....

its not the actual cost its what it equals, if im not mistaken the calculation is shorty headers + pro install = broomstick up backside. now thats based on the stay at home-cleaning-wife pricipal, however if you use the domestic-diva prinicipal it comes out to a new pair of shoes plus 2 dresses. really depends on how deep in the math you want to get.

this math can be expressed in pi R squared, alternativly you can use the dog-house curve to compute the final answer however you have to use the silent-glare pricipal to get a correct answer.

I may still do this someday, even though some say not worth it. 13 hp can't be bad! (that's what Mac (Lu Lu) got after a tune - dyno proven). Plus, I just like the way headers look under the hood.

its not the actual cost its what it equals, if im not mistaken the calculation is shorty headers + pro install = broomstick up backside. now thats based on the stay at home-cleaning-wife pricipal, however if you use the domestic-diva prinicipal it comes out to a new pair of shoes plus 2 dresses. really depends on how deep in the math you want to get.

this math can be expressed in pi R squared, alternativly you can use the dog-house curve to compute the final answer however you have to use the silent-glare pricipal to get a correct answer.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Oh, I gotcha now!!!!!

The was a heavy due to getting it done at dealer on short notice !! like next morning. I also had to due the italian hand shake to some people to bump some customers. Finally cost for my wife pissing me off 600.00 and a nite stay at a hampton Inn for 150.00 with P.D discount. I had my bags pack and ready to travel but ended back for my baby and dog. I gave the bill if front of her and her friends who knew what happened and she said nicely stated thats not to bad and then I told her that doesnt included the rental car or hotel bill and room service. Next time maybe tell me you ordered 400.00 of sand when, I told you about me working on my car. Guy's trust me she spoiled my fault new 45,000 truck, I clean the house the whole house and the due the outside work but she like to cut the grass riding the tractor. When she made me open the garage doors due the smell of my kerosene heater and the metal bar smashed into my trunk. Which, I forgot was opened and put a gouge in it. I lost it and lets say she has to buy new vases and lawn equipment. I don't ask for much but do to my meds distraction equal damaged car or my life under it. Wives never Learn !!!!!

But the headers look great will have pics today and the dealer installed through top if I didn't mention that.

I also like that equation, I'll try it next time.

It takes alot for me to lose my temper and go into a rage, I rather use my mouth but did it feel good to vent out and when I got home she cleaned the whole house.

Her girlfriend father is off the boat italian like my parents, I hang with him he has a 67 fast back stang he told my princess time is over clean the house or get a job. He's daughter works 2 partime jobs and raise 2 kids a husband and 5 dogs. She got the message.

So for some of the drama but we need are alone time with are real wife the Shelby !!!!!!

So Take a stand and Say No to your Wife !!! Got go she coming

IMO - stay away from Flowmasters. they really choked my car.

FRPP HO Whipple with Flows - 480 rwhp, with FR500s (KR muffs) and new billet fuel rails - 511 rwhp.

Also, the Flowmasters baffles loosened over time and developed a really annoying rattle.

FRPP HO Whipple with Flows - 480 rwhp, with FR500s (KR muffs) and new billet fuel rails - 511 rwhp.

Also, the Flowmasters baffles loosened over time and developed a really annoying rattle.

Thanks for the info was at the local speed shop ask about flowmasters and they due along street cars with cherry bombs line of mufflers. Whats your take them, I'm just looking for a little louder rumble and deeper sound.

I may still do this someday, even though some say not worth it. 13 hp can't be bad! (that's what Mac (Lu Lu) got after a tune - dyno proven). Plus, I just like the way headers look under the hood.

yea i always like the looks of performance headers... it gives it a little wow factor when opening the hood. ur friends look under the hood too and they go "wow".

i like to install headers too someday when i'm not payin $865/mo. car payment.

just 2 more years :wacko: :petting:

+1000

I've only had trouble with Flowmasters in the past. I highly recommend the FRPP (Borla) Stingers.. I've also read good things about the KR's..

Good luck!

Ken

My FR shorties are in the garage, and ready to install, I'm doing that when I put the aluminum drive shaft.

Hey guy's what do you think of cherry bomb new line of mufflers, I have a exhaust by me that installs them and they said if I don't like the sound or performance they will remove it and money back. Also they said maybe remove my muffler the shop bends and make there systems they are performance shop and race cars. They do alot of mustangs there best seller is the Vortex.

Thanks

Hey guy's what do you think of cherry bomb new line of mufflers, I have a exhaust by me that installs them and they said if I don't like the sound or performance they will remove it and money back. Also they said maybe remove my muffler the shop bends and make there systems they are performance shop and race cars. They do alot of mustangs there best seller is the Vortex.

Thanks

From what I've heard, just removing the mufflers all together sounds just as good as anything else...of course, there are companies that sell these already made, but if you have a shop near you that does pipe bending, I'm sure they can do it for you for less than what the muffler delete kits are going for...Cherry Bombs sounded good when I was in my teens, but I haven't heard anything they are making now, so I can't say how they sound now...

From what I've heard, just removing the mufflers all together sounds just as good as anything else...of course, there are companies that sell these already made, but if you have a shop near you that does pipe bending, I'm sure they can do it for you for less than what the muffler delete kits are going for...Cherry Bombs sounded good when I was in my teens, but I haven't heard anything they are making now, so I can't say how they sound now...

That's the problem cherry bomb and other muffler manufacters don't have sound clips. I think the muffler delete is the way to go and the old glass packs were a blast for waking the dead and your ex-girl friend who dumped you. :hysterical:

Archived