TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Living The Dream!

09KR0058

Picked up my new 2009 GT500KR at noon today. If I didn't have to be back at the office for a meeting, you know I'd still be out driving it now. Sorry for the shoddy iPhone picture, but rest assured, I'll take some better ones later:

th_KR.jpg

I can't tell you how long I've waited for this moment. Back when the original KRs came out, I was just 16 and my father used the old "over my dead body" thing. Ever since then, I promised myself that one day I'd own one of them. For years, I was looking for an old one to restore, but when I saw the new ones, well, let's just say that it was almost a religious/sexual experience!!! Then, when I turned the key today and heard it idle, I got an ear-to-ear grin which hasn't gone away yet.

I've only been on this forum for a few days, ever since my dealer found the EXACT KR I wanted and began to arrange shipping. I've been pouring through all the threads and just know this will be a daily destination for me. Also looking forward to meeting some of you at some point. I'm in Marietta, GA, a suburb of Atlanta.

One quick question. My KR is #58. This got me wondering if there is any difference between it and a KR in the 700+ range. Does anyone know if there were any changes between the time they made #1 and the time they made #741?

Welcome to TS John.

I love your color combo, and I now know what you mean by the sound of your car. It does give me a grin too. A few days ago I changed my exhaust out to match the KR so I could have the same sound in my 2007 GT500. The H-pipe under the KR and the KR mufflers by Ford racing give the car a very unique sound. The sweet sound of a KR. :happy feet:

Congrats. on your dream come true :happy feet: . I hope your meeting was short one.

I waited 40 years for my Shelby, an 07SGT, and still haven't gotten rid of that grin after 16 months of ownership. A Shelby will do that to you :yahoo::woohoo::headspin::woot:

Great car John, I have its younger brother/sister 2009 #343. You might want to check the build date in the door to see if you need to have the clutch/tranny TSB taken care of. Mine was made one month AFTER the cut off date and thanks to the efforts of Grabber, I can sleep better at night.

Great car John, I have its younger brother/sister 2009 #343. You might want to check the build date in the door to see if you need to have the clutch/tranny TSB taken care of. Mine was made one month AFTER the cut off date and thanks to the efforts of Grabber, I can sleep better at night.

Ok, now that you've given me a freekin heart attack, please explain what's going on here! Cut-off date? Clutch/Tranny? TSB? I'll start searching the forums here, but I don't like the sound of this...

Ok, now that you've given me a freekin heart attack, please explain what's going on here! Cut-off date? Clutch/Tranny? TSB? I'll start searching the forums here, but I don't like the sound of this...

So much to learn young Shelby owner :hysterical: .

Lots of info for you to use. Grabber is the man to see when it comes to the Clutch/Trans TSB or any TSB for that matter.

Here's some pics:

th_P4220583.jpg

th_P4220584.jpg

th_P4220585.jpg

th_P4220587.jpg

Just about burned a whole tank of gas yesterday just driving around. Still pinching myself that I finally got my dream car. All those "exotic" foreign cars can go pound sand. American Muscle is the only way to go!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your KR! :happy feet: Don't worry too much about the TSB, heck I got a new clutch, flywheel and tranny before the latest TSB and now got another clutch and flywheel! It's only minor surgery :hysterical:

Mine never completely failed but I did have the clutch hiss when fully depressed so they took care of it. If you have a good dealer it won't be a big deal. If not find another one.

Enjoy that sweet car! :drool:

John, I haven't had the pleasure of driving a "regular" GT500 but don't you think the KR handles quite well for a Mustang? I'm very happy with the lack of body roll and cornering traction. That said, I still plan to upgrade to the full Griggs suspension at some future date as well as going to the max on wheel/tire width that works with their suspension. I'm also thinking the 2.9 Whipple will probably be a "must do" in the future . . . keeping the "old" parts of corse. Getting fully rid of the wheel hop will be nice, after speaking with MrFarmDog, our wheel hop isn't as bad as the standard GT500's but still it is an issue.

I only have 800 miles on mine in 3 months but that is because of the wet Seattle weather. Keep that rubber warm :D

Truly Happy for you John!!!Great to see you actually driving that Beast!!Welcome to TS mt fellow enthusiast!!Chuck.

I've actually had two people already ask me if I would just be driving it on weekends. Also, the dealer told me that one of his customers has a 2008 KR that he brings in every 3 months for an oil change, but it only has 500 miles on it.

The reason I bought this car IS TO DRIVE IT! I love everything about it. Can't imagine letting it sit in the garage and only put a few miles per week on it. In my book, that's insane!

John, I haven't had the pleasure of driving a "regular" GT500 but don't you think the KR handles quite well for a Mustang? I'm very happy with the lack of body roll and cornering traction.

Although I've only had it for 26 hours and 21 minutes, I really do love the way it handles. No hint of body roll, and it takes corners like its glued to the road.

I'm in heaven!!!!!

Thanks Grabber! Just checked, and my build date is 09/08. When I do the first oil change I'll check the flywheel, but from reading that thread, it looks like I should have the new one.

Thanks again. Like people around here say, you ARE "The Man"!!!!!!

Archived