TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Joker

Most of the GT500 owners I have meet don't even know how to change their oil

A good portion of the Shelby owners bought their cars just to impress their yuppie friends.

Go fluf your wads of cash and drive the car that you problably can't handle or trully appreciate!

Because it's all about the name and Image for you!

1) You sound like an infant.

2) You choose to say things like this about the people that drive GT500's on a forum dedicated to the GT500 (among other Shelbys)? You're obviously asking for confrontation.

3) Why so insecure about the car you drive? You like it? Super. Enjoy it. No need to defend your decision to mischaracterize your Mustang here.

Ken

You know what it says on the side stripe same as yours my friend. Someday it will say Shelby GT/SR

I did welcome him to the club and his response was very polite.

Name Calling...............? I just call it as I see it.......................

Yes I do love the track and wish he could have made it to Hallet OK or Brainard MN or somewhere in the old ole USA.

Your car is still slower than mine however, white is the fastest, I don't care what Bud says... :hysterical:

Edit: the 550 kit is one reason why I'd bet you'd smoke him besides you being a insane driver Nordic! I'll call you later to call you some names...you know your a name caller but so am I... :hysterical:

Nordic

First off you started this strand and threw poo in the peoples faces because they customized their cars as they see fit! Second, You come across very pompas! Third, you never welcomed me! You ASSumed that because I was living in Japan that I was a 4'9" small dicked man with a small man complex and not an American! You threw poo first my friend! The appolgig should come from you!

Nick

Dude Nordic is a swell guy I can assure you,...its cool dude...I am serious...your car is yours. Who cares... I think that you are misjudging people who drive GT500's as well. Now how about we all just chill and have some internet fun, like why is Nordics car slower than mine?... :hysterical:

McCoy

I am sure that Nordic is a swell guy and if I had meet him at a venue we would probbably hit it off! BUt It's not about my car versus his. It's about letting people be. Now, I do admit that if someone out there was trying to pass a dressed up GT or V6 as a certified Shelby. I would be the first one the jump on them and call the a lier. But if you see a car that is obviously not a Shelby but has Shelby cues. No need to bash the peoson!

Ken

I use to live up north of Seattle,WA. You might have even seen my car at the round-up's and the Seattle Rod and Custom show. But I do defend what I said. Alot of the GT-500 owners that I meet bought it as a piece of jewlery or got on the fad train and can't or don't really appreciate what they have. Just for example. At the 2008 round up. I overheard this guy bragging to another that he had just bought his GT-500 the day before so that he could show up his buddy he works with, who had bought a SC6. He was talking smack about the other cars and owners as well. I asked him if I could see the engine. I took him over a minute to find the hood release! I have many such encounters! But on the other hand there was one guy that I meet. He documented every factory paint mark with photos, keeped every reciept and knew dam near everything about his 500. That is over the top passion! He works up on Whidbey Island. But not once did I hear him put anyone down!

Also, I am far from insecure with my car! I know what she can do. http://www.cardomain.com/id/Nickdadick

For my final line on this strand. If you have nothing else better to do than trash people you need another hobby! My basic philosophy is. If it doesn't interfer with mine or anyone else's rights. Let it be! No harm, No fowl! Live and let live!

McCoy

I am sure that Nordic is a swell guy and if I had meet him at a venue we would probbably hit it off! BUt It's not about my car versus his. It's about letting people be. Now, I do admit that if someone out there was trying to pass a dressed up GT or V6 as a certified Shelby. I would be the first one the jump on them and call the a lier. But if you see a car that is obviously not a Shelby but has Shelby cues. No need to bash the peoson!

Ken

I use to live up north of Seattle,WA. You might have even seen my car at the round-up's and the Seattle Rod and Custom show. But I do defend what I said. Alot of the GT-500 owners that I meet bought it as a piece of jewlery or got on the fad train and can't or don't really appreciate what they have. Just for example. At the 2008 round up. I overheard this guy bragging to another that he had just bought his GT-500 the day before so that he could show up his buddy he works with, who had bought a SC6. He was talking smack about the other cars and owners as well. I asked him if I could see the engine. I took him over a minute to find the hood release! I have many such encounters! But on the other hand there was one guy that I meet. He documented every factory paint mark with photos, keeped every reciept and knew dam near everything about his 500. That is over the top passion! He works up on Whidbey Island. But not once did I hear him put anyone down!

Also, I am far from insecure with my car! I know what she can do. http://www.cardomain.com/my

For my final line on this strand. If you have nothing else better to do than trash people you need another hobby! My basic philosophy is. If it doesn't interfer with mine or anyone else's rights. Let it be! No harm, No fowl! Live and let live!

Cool, I really don't do car shows very often in fact I have been to less than 5, so I have never seen your car in person. I like your motto...have fun !!!

This is what happened to HD. I ride a shovel, I can relate to what you are saying...

Personally I drive my SGT and ride my HD, but in your gallery you have your car at the Seattle Roadster show? :hysterical:

Talk about a show for trailer queens...and BTW I have met quite a few GT500 guys who drive the heck out of them...who cares what you do with your cars guys....

But the Seattle Roadster Show c'mon your car is not even a "roadster" lame. Sorry thats my opinion. I live in Seattle, its a car show circut show for customs and roadsters...of the 400k to build category not new Mustangs.

Welcome to Team Shelby Nick.

Mccoy

Unlike the 300+ trailer queens there. A few of us drove in from where we live. washed and detailed our cars there on site. If you went to the 2008 show. Down on the first floor to the right of the main entrance was a 1968 White with blue stripes GT350S. A very beautiful one at that. Also there were 19+ mustangs, of all gens, there total. Mine and the Roush next to mine were the only ones driven in. Still I pulled 2nd place! in my class! I never trailerd any of my Mustangs. They were built to be driven. Not not primped and preened 300 mile 10 year old cars!

The roaster show was won by a $350k car owned by some Austrailian who had never seen the car before that day. The car was a 1940's Merc with a V-10.

Nick

Looks like yall are settling down now!

Come on guys we ALL love our cars! I have NO problem with someone modding their car ANYWAY they want. I might not like it, but its NOT my car. I do agree with Nick on if someone trys to pass their car as something its NOT! Just be proud of your custom and tell folks what it is, dont try to tell folks its something that its NOT!

Nick welcome to Team Shelby. Alot of great folks on here. We own everything from Sheblys to Mustang GTs. Alot of info. I hope you enjoy the site and thank you for serving our country!

One last thing. No one wins a pissing match on the internet! I have seen alot of friends come out of agruments like this! No saying yall are going to be BFFs but lets tone down the name calling and talk about how much we love our CARS!!!

MM

• 2 months later...
Here is the Yellow is the Clone GT500

I wouldn't say a yellow mustang is a clone - but rather a nice mustang with gt 500 styling cues. If I am not mistaken, that belongs to mellowyellow06, a fellow TS/The Mustang Source member on both forums. I welcome everyone, even the enthusiast with an old V6 mustang psyched about their first mod or the young tuner owner trying to crank out as much horsepower as they can in their first car. I don't feel comfortable in exluding others because they don't have a genuine Shelby or a lot of money. One of the nicest mustangs I have ever seen in person was a restoration perfect 69 or 70 GT350 recreation/tribute at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals this summer. It was maroon with gold stripes and absolutely breathtaking. I don't really have anything in common with an elitist of any type. Just my opinion.

We all love these cars and The Man. I don't care for folks/elitists who think their $#!+ don't stink. I started out as a private in the Army and worked my way up through the ranks to the rank of Major. I am proud to be a "Mustang" officer and against the grain sometimes. I have run into a few colleagues over the years in the officer corps that act this way (elitist/snobbish) and I don't share those values as I came from a humble Texas upbringing. I have also run into a select few people at car shows that carry this same snobbish attitude about their cars and I don't care to associate with people like that either. Get real. We all start somewhere, especially the young enthusiasts who don't have a lot of money. I've said it before and will continue to stand up for these folks, even if I don't like the looks of their car (as long as they aren't lying). That car or that clone is somebody's baby and potentially a future Shelby owner someday.

Archived