TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Joker

3130_92976414492_770734492_2469021_1357750_n.jpg

I went to my local Ford dealership to schedule my SGT for a couple little upgrades to be installed next week and I saw this car there having work done on it. It was an 07 Mustang I can't believe It they actually did make a GT350...........here is one to prove it. I've heard rumors but this is the first one I have seen in person. HAHAHAHAHA

3130_92976414492_770734492_2469021_1357750_n.jpg

I went to my local Ford dealership to schedule my SGT for a couple little upgrades to be installed next week and I saw this car there having work done on it. It was an 07 Mustang I can't believe It they actually did make a GT350...........here is one to prove it. I've heard rumors but this is the first one I have seen in person. HAHAHAHAHA

Where one person sees disgust another sees passion and enthusiasm....

Where one person sees disgust another sees passion and enthusiasm....

Your right I guess it was wrong to make fun of this person I'm sure they are very proud of their car. I personally dont understand why people would do this since there never was a current GT 350

It was an 07 Mustang I think it was a 6cyl because I only saw one exhaust pipe coming out the back. I know it was an 07 becuase it had personalized plates that said 07 (xxxx)

If you guys find other Phoney Bloney GT350 post there pictures in this thread

Here's another V6 GT500 wannabe. Saw this on the beltway. Couldn't get good shots - it was raining and this was my cell camera. The guy went to a lot of expense. He had the letters, 500 spoiler, diffuser, hood, and front fascia. He even shows dual exhaust. Though note the V6 wheels and tires. Checkout the "Hollywood" on the door. The guy caught me taking shots - and gave me the thumbs up!

I have to say - at first I didn't like these clones - I felt they diluted the cars reputation. Though after thinking about it - these guys actually further the mystique of a "real" Shelby. I just can't complain about guys that want to honor our cars.

0420091454.jpg

0420091454a.jpg

0420091454c.jpg

0420091455a.jpg

Here's another V6 GT500 wannabe. Saw this on the beltway. Couldn't get good shots - it was raining and this was my cell camera. The guy went to a lot of expense. He had the letters, 500 spoiler, diffuser, hood, and front fascia. He even shows dual exhaust. Though note the V6 wheels and tires. Checkout the "Hollywood" on the door. The guy caught me taking shots - and gave me the thumbs up!

I have to say - at first I didn't like these clones - I felt they diluted the cars reputation. Though after thinking about it - these guys actually further the mystique of a "real" Shelby. I just can't complain about guys that want to honor our cars.

Oh boy... :hysterical::hysterical: I can complain. I can complain A LOT :hysterical2: Hey if the fellow is into it... he's into it!!

Yeah, Jordan Ford in San Antonio mods all kinds of mustangs themselves...they have put out GT350s, Red stripe GT350s, mach 1, BOSS...whatever market you can think of...Im pretty disgusted by it....

more-so that their sales guy was at a local hangout in their GT500KR, and parked next to me...ask me if they made my car? :finger: and then told me I should trade up to the KR as it is the only real Shelby...

He would be happy to take my car as a trade in on the KR at a low price of 105k. I told him he would be lucky to get sticker. He told me he has to beat off the mexican nationals with a stick at that price...I told him he was full of $hit...that pretty much ended that conversation.

It is still sitting on the showroom floor now... :hysterical:

• 2 months later...

I say each to their own. I for one, wanted a GT350. But to my dismay.. Shelby did not make one. So, I set out to make one. I bought a Grabber Orange GT Premium with a GT350 stripe package right from the dealer. I also couldn't see paying $25-35K over the sticker price for a GT500! I'm being serious here. For the money.. I could buy a stock GT and drop $20 k into it, do most the work myself and end up with a Mustang that would eat 90% of the GT500's out there, on the street, strip and track. Most of the GT500 owners I have meet don't even know how to change their oil because they have the cash to throw away and by an Icon like Paris Hilton buys shoes. A good portion of the Shelby owners bought their cars just to impress their yuppie friends. Look at all the GT500's on the market because all the hype has died down. It's not the cool or in thing now!!! I for one love the true spirit of Carroll Shelby! Take a good car and make it better. Thats what he did in the 60's and still does to this day. But on the same token I never went around saying that my GT350 was a shelby nor did I put his name on my car! So what.. If someone put a GT350 decal on their car. Those of us in the know, know that Shelby never made a GT-350 other than the GT-350H for the S197 body. DO you feel threatened? Or that the value of your 500 might be grought down because of it. Let Carroll Shelby worry about his name being diluted by the GT350 clones. Get a life!

So to all you Nay sayers. Go fluf your wads of cash and drive the car that you problably can't handle or trully appreciate! Because it's all about the name and Image for you! But for those of of us that grew up eating, drinking, sleeping, racing, working and loving the life style of Shelby! HOO-YAA! Because You'll never see one us put down anyone who want's to have something better....

I say each to their own. I for one, wanted a GT350. But to my dismay.. Shelby did not make one. So, I set out to make one. I bought a Grabber Orange GT Premium with a GT350 stripe package right from the dealer. I also couldn't see paying $25-35K over the sticker price for a GT500! I'm being serious here. For the money.. I could buy a stock GT and drop $20 k into it, do most the work myself and end up with a Mustang that would eat 90% of the GT500's out there, on the street, strip and track. Most of the GT500 owners I have meet don't even know how to change their oil because they have the cash to throw away and by an Icon like Paris Hilton buys shoes. A good portion of the Shelby owners bought their cars just to impress their yuppie friends. Look at all the GT500's on the market because all the hype has died down. It's not the cool or in thing now!!! I for one love the true spirit of Carroll Shelby! Take a good car and make it better. Thats what he did in the 60's and still does to this day. But on the same token I never went around saying that my GT350 was a shelby nor did I put his name on my car! So what.. If someone put a GT350 decal on their car. Those of us in the know, know that Shelby never made a GT-350 other than the GT-350H for the S197 body. DO you feel threatened? Or that the value of your 500 might be grought down because of it. Let Carroll Shelby worry about his name being diluted by the GT350 clones. Get a life!

So to all you Nay sayers. Go fluf your wads of cash and drive the car that you problably can't handle or trully appreciate! Because it's all about the name and Image for you! But for those of of us that grew up eating, drinking, sleeping, racing, working and loving the life style of Shelby! HOO-YAA! Because You'll never see one us put down anyone who want's to have something better....

Sorry man you couldn't afford a real Shelby SGT, I do have a life and its much better with a real Shelby. Sorry I didn't see you at Tulsa this last weekend I would have loved to race against your GT350 on the track. Oh Yeah you may want to get your facts correct Carrol never made a GT350H in the current S197 body style it was called a Shelby GT-H

Oh by the way welcome to the club

...DO you feel threatened? Or that the value of your 500 might be grought down because of it. Let Carroll Shelby worry about his name being diluted by the GT350 clones. Get a life!

I can understand why you feel this way. While I personnally wouldn't put "GT 350" or "GT 500" on my mustang (I originally was getting an 08 mustang GT but canxed it for a 08 Shelby GT), I don't see any need to put down those that do. I think we come across as elitist/snobish when we do this.

JMO.

Sorry man you couldn't afford a real Shelby SGT, I do have a life and its much better with a real Shelby. Sorry I didn't see you at Tulsa this last weekend I would have loved to race against your GT350 on the track. Oh Yeah you may want to get your facts correct Carrol never made a GT350H in the current S197 body style it was called a Shelby GT-H

Oh by the way welcome to the club

Mr Nor Dic

For your information ( if you took the time to look at my profile) I live in JAPAN! I wish I could afford to fly my car there and dust your but. I bet you have never had your car over 120! My car regularly sees 170+ at the Nishiki track and I go up against pro's in race prepped cars and win!!

Also, it is not that I couldn't afford a SGT or GT500 or the KR for that matter. It was a choice! I wanted it my way! You totally missed the point you pompous :censored: ! And proved mine! You’re so stuck on your self and self image! You feel that you have something to prove because you BOUGHT a Shelby, you bought into a heritage line! You may be able to buy style but you will never have class! I may not make or have wads of cash, but I have something I love! People like you are the ones who are diluting the Shelby image! Not the ones who Idolize Carroll Shelby and his cars!

Yes, you are correct! They badge it as the GT-H but even Ford and Shelby introduced it as the GT350H. One point for you! Whoo hoo! Ya got me!! :slapfight:

Check out the links!

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/12/new-yor...mustang-gt350h/

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/16/new-yor...o-and-high-res/

P.S. Your in a club all your own! I wouldn’t waste my time with you.

Mr Nor Dic

For your information ( if you took the time to look at my profile) I live in JAPAN! I wish I could afford to fly my car there and dust your but. I bet you have never had your car over 120! My car regularly sees 170+ at the Nishiki track and I go up against pro's in race prepped cars and win!!

Also, it is not that I couldn't afford a SGT or GT500 or the KR for that matter. It was a choice! I wanted it my way! You totally missed the point you pompous :censored: ! And proved mine! You're so stuck on your self and self image! You feel that you have something to prove because you BOUGHT a Shelby, you bought into a heritage line! You may be able to buy style but you will never have class! I may not make or have wads of cash, but I have something I love! People like you are the ones who are diluting the Shelby image! Not the ones who Idolize Carroll Shelby and his cars!

Yes, you are correct! They badge it as the GT-H but even Ford and Shelby introduced it as the GT350H. One point for you! Whoo hoo! Ya got me!! :slapfight:

Wow you have some serious anger and insecurity problems.

By the way at least I have a dic.

This is why I titled this post GT350 Jokers is because of 4'9 children such as yourself who have the little man syndrome.

Settle down with that hara kiri talk, we don't want another war in the Pacific. :nonono: Whether you know it or not you've just woke a sleeping giant with that kind of talk. You insulted a lot of GT500 folks with your comments.

Wow you have some serious anger and insecurity problems.

By the way at least I have a dic.

This is why I titled this post GT350 Jokers is because of 4'9 children such as yourself who have the little man syndrome.

Mr Nor Dic

No anger issues here. I am just affirmed in my feelings about people like you who feel like they have to put other people down to make them selves feel better about their self.

Now now. Let’s not try to compare our privet parts here. At least I had the balls to serve my country and protect your way of life!

You struck out. For one I am retired from the US Military with 20+ years of Honorable service. I am 5'8" and weight in at 215. Been to Iraq 5 times. I am no small man. More than enough to handle my own. I have no insecurities. Least of all from you.

I say again preview my profile first. I have attached a picture of myself just for you!

Snake

It was not my intention to piss in the proverbial wheat’s bowl. My apologies if that is the way it came across. I just feel that if someone wants to clone a GT350 so be it. Let them enjoy their pride and joy. Without joy kills like Mr. Nor Dic pissin on their fun. Also the fact that Mr. Nor Dic bought a SGT does not give him the right to be a SHELBY CLONE COP and slander people openly here on a public forum that is suppose to be about commodore and kinship!

Thanks for your insight Nick the Prick I appeciate your opinion.

There you go again with the insults! I have not once cursed you or insulted! Your the one with the insucurities and who is acting like a child! Wow!! You may be 36 but you need to grow up!!

By the way it is Nickdadick! Get it right! Google it! You'll find me on other car forums under that name!

clone all they want i do not care..in fact i think its healthy when some mullet head puke clones a V6 grocery getter stang..hell the old chicken farmer sold tons of performance shelby goodies back in the 60's (not like the iron fist tacticts we have today buts thats another thread)...ive come across shelby gt350 steering wheels and the like on many many non shelby stangs over the years..so its no big deal...what is a big deal is if those bastages roll out a V6 stang and slap on gt350 stickers (referening now to SAI) then yes..i will have a huge problem with that..all is good though..let em clone em

ps: have to excuse my post somewhat..my passion for the gt350 is far and above any shelby gt500 product produced after 66..ive ridden in many gt500's over the years and some with very very low miles through the years and it is one of the worst handling POS ive ever been in..now here is where i prejudice myself..to me a gt350 is a screaming small block V8 that handles..screw the big blocks and screw any V6 ecotird..course just my opinion

This is what happened to HD. I ride a shovel, I can relate to what you are saying...

Personally I drive my SGT and ride my HD, but in your gallery you have your car at the Seattle Roadster show? :hysterical:

Talk about a show for trailer queens...and BTW I have met quite a few GT500 guys who drive the heck out of them...who cares what you do with your cars guys....

But the Seattle Roadster Show c'mon your car is not even a "roadster" lame. Sorry thats my opinion. I live in Seattle, its a car show circut show for customs and roadsters...of the 400k to build category not new Mustangs.

Nordic whats your side stripe say? Haha you'd dust this guy in a race... Put whatever sticker you want on a car who cares right Nordic ?

It may look goofy to you, but be the Budda and welcome a guy who loves his car dude...

Now can we all just stop name calling and get along? Bench racing arguments are funny though...Nick, Nordic is a track guy as well.

Welcome to Team Shelby Nick.

Nordic whats your side stripe say? Haha you'd dust this guy in a race... Put whatever sticker you want on a car who cares right Nordic ?

It may look goofy to you, but be the Budda and welcome a guy who loves his car dude...

Now can we all just stop name calling and get along? Bench racing arguments are funny though...Nick, Nordic is a track guy as well.

Welcome to Team Shelby Nick.

You know what it says on the side stripe same as yours my friend. Someday it will say Shelby GT/SR

I did welcome him to the club and his response was very polite.

Name Calling...............? I just call it as I see it.......................

Yes I do love the track and wish he could have made it to Hallet OK or Brainard MN or somewhere in the old ole USA.

You know what it says on the side stripe same as yours my friend. Someday it will say Shelby GT/SR

I did welcome him to the club and his response was very polite.

Name Calling...............? I just call it as I see it.......................

Yes I do love the track and wish he could have made it to Hallet OK or Brainard MN or somewhere in the old ole USA.

Nordic

First off you started this strand and threw poo in the peoples faces because they customized their cars as they see fit! Second, You come across very pompas! Third, you never welcomed me! You ASSumed that because I was living in Japan that I was a 4'9" small dicked man with a small man complex and not an American! You threw poo first my friend! The appolgig should come from you!

Nick

Archived