TEAM SHELBY FORUM

warranty

woolz

hello,

just have a quick question. i'm looking to purchase a 2007 gth vert. i understand that the vehicle is

still covered through the factory warranty. has anyone out there purchased an extended warranty?

thanks in advance.

zach

hello,

just have a quick question. i'm looking to purchase a 2007 gth vert. i understand that the vehicle is

still covered through the factory warranty. has anyone out there purchased an extended warranty?

thanks in advance.

zach

Yes I purchased an extended Ford warranty for my Hertz thru Michael Morris here on the Team Shelby forums.

Send him a PM and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I just bought 07h371 and bought the ford extended warranty. I am thinking of canceling it, they hit me for 1900 for 7yr/60000mi(total). The issue I'm having is mileage. I found a link in the forums to a Ford dealer that let you input your info and see the cost of a warranty...using that system, I found that I could have the ford premium warranty to 100000 for 1360.00. If this is true, then I can take the 75.00 cancel fee and grab the better warranty.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate the input.

Secondly, if I'm sounding like an idiot please let me know as well. I can handle constructive criticism a lot better than no input at all.

Interesting situation you are in. $1900 seems way too high even if you had a zero deductible, 100k PremiumCare plan.

I don't see why you couldn't cancel your plan and purchase a new one but I would make sure before doing so. I thought there was a 30-60 day 100% refund cancellation policy. Also I seem to recall something like if you cancel an ESP plan the check goes to the dealership that sold the plan and then they pay you. I'm not sure of that but I recall something to that effect.

It also might matter how you paid for the plan. If it was paid in full at time of purchase or if it was included in the cars financing.

We probably need one of our dealership guys to come in on this.

Steve

Yep, I'm feeling dumber by the minute. They included my cost in the financing and it is a $100 deductible per visit.

If the ESP was part of your financing then I'm pretty sure any cancellation refund goes directly to Ford Motor Credit or whoever holds the loan. They will apply the ESP refund to your loan balance.

I saw a post on the Brad Barnett Mustang Forums from someone who did what you are asking. They cancelled their ESP and purchased a new ESP from one of the online dealerships. So it appears that it can be done but since the refund would go to your loan balance it looks like you would have to pay cash for the new ESP plan.

I'm not sure if this is a possibility but perhaps the dealer that sold you the ESP plan might work with you if they knew you were going to cancel the plan they sold you. I'm sure they would lose the commission they made on it if you cancelled it. I'm thinking that maybe you could get them to upgrade your current plan to a higher mileage plan and/or a zero deductible plan. I wouldn't try to get any money back on the plan I would just aim for getting a better plan for the $1900 you paid them.

I know some folks wont like this idea saying its renegotiating after you signed a contract but since you have the right to cancel the plan for a refund this at least gives the dealer a chance at saving the commission they received from the sale of the ESP plan. Again this is just an idea and the dealer may not want anything to do with it.

Steve

One other thing I should mention to anyone considering purchasing an ESP plan when they purchase a new vehicle is that you don't have to purchase the plan right then and there from the F&I guy.

You have 12 months from when you purchase your car to purchase an ESP plan with no price penalty. From 13 months to 36 months you can still purchase an ESP plan but there is a surcharge added to the price.

Again I'm sure one of the dealership guys here on Team Shelby can explain this better but I'm just giving a simplified expalnation.

Steve

Just to verify, it's been my understanding that ESP does NOT cover the SAI parts OR the installed Ford Racing parts. It covers ONLY the the parts that come with and on a standard Mustang GT.

Is that correct?

Jeff that is not the way I understand it. If the changes were made before retail delivery then its covered. Since the Shelby mods were performed before delivery they should be covered.

Same thing applies to dealer installed items. If the dealer adds a sunroof, chrome wheels or navigation stereo for example before the car is sold then those parts are covered under the factory warranty and the ESP plan if purchased.

But if you take delivery of the car and then come back the next week and have them add say a navigation stereo then its only covered by the over the parts counter warranty.

Steve

• 7 months later...

I just bought 07h371 and bought the ford extended warranty. I am thinking of canceling it, they hit me for 1900 for 7yr/60000mi(total). The issue I'm having is mileage. I found a link in the forums to a Ford dealer that let you input your info and see the cost of a warranty...using that system, I found that I could have the ford premium warranty to 100000 for 1360.00. If this is true, then I can take the 75.00 cancel fee and grab the better warranty.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate the input.

Secondly, if I'm sounding like an idiot please let me know as well. I can handle constructive criticism a lot better than no input at all.

Would you mind directing me to the place you found the 100K $1360 warranty? I just got my GT-H this month and want to go ahead and get the extended warranty.

Thanks!

I have this on the STRIPES THREAD, but maybe someone from SA can answer for me.

Are the Gold Hertz Stripes under warranty if they have been replaced with non certified stripes prior to my purchase? car has less than 36000 miles. Who ever replaced these stripes (Hertz Rental facility most likely of new dealer) did an awful job. i am the first owner since it left rental program

I have this on the STRIPES THREAD, but maybe someone from SA can answer for me.

Are the Gold Hertz Stripes under warranty if they have been replaced with non certified stripes prior to my purchase? car has less than 36000 miles. Who ever replaced these stripes (Hertz Rental facility most likely of new dealer) did an awful job. i am the first owner since it left rental program

It is my understanding that since the Hertz cars were converted POST title, the Shelby mods are not covered, including the stripes (original or otherwise).

It is my understanding that since the Hertz cars were converted POST title, the Shelby mods are not covered, including the stripes (original or otherwise).

Tipsco, that's a great point that TOTALLY slipped my thinking! The SGT was covered under a separate warranty through Ford Racing, but the GTH was a deal between Shelby and Hertz, so there would be no "Ford Warranty" on the SA installed parts as part of the GTH program, and if there was anything for stripes, like the SGT, it's long expired. Good point!

Would you mind directing me to the place you found the 100K $1360 warranty? I just got my GT-H this month and want to go ahead and get the extended warranty.

Thanks!

I would check into the Mike Morris offer in the earlier post and do plenty of research before you sign on the bottom line. The link I was talking about was www.fordwarrantys.com it is a Ford dealership that handles sales over the internet. As I mentioned, I found this site AFTER I purchased my crappy warranty.

note: I have since found out that the warranty I purchased for nearly two grand only goes to 45,000 miles. I have contacted the owner of Denver Fordland directly and am still waiting on a reply. I think I an eating this mistake......I hope I can keep others from the same missteps.

• 3 weeks later...

I would check into the Mike Morris offer in the earlier post and do plenty of research before you sign on the bottom line. The link I was talking about was www.fordwarrantys.com it is a Ford dealership that handles sales over the internet. As I mentioned, I found this site AFTER I purchased my crappy warranty.

note: I have since found out that the warranty I purchased for nearly two grand only goes to 45,000 miles. I have contacted the owner of Denver Fordland directly and am still waiting on a reply. I think I an eating this mistake......I hope I can keep others from the same missteps.

Thanks! www.fordwarrantys.com seems very reasonable. I'll contact Mike to see what he has to offer. Really appreciate your input here. Good luck working yours out!

• 1 month later...

Tipsco, that's a great point that TOTALLY slipped my thinking! The SGT was covered under a separate warranty through Ford Racing, but the GTH was a deal between Shelby and Hertz, so there would be no "Ford Warranty" on the SA installed parts as part of the GTH program, and if there was anything for stripes, like the SGT, it's long expired. Good point!

What's the warranty for the Shelby parts on the GT-H?

Archived