TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 40th upholstery installed

Guys,

Gary Disney is a great guy. I've spent a lot of time with him on the phone just talking cars and stuff. For John, the perforated seats were a reasonalbe cost, I'm not sure the exact amount, but Gary will be happy to answer that. He is very prompt in his returns.

Thanks Robert, another first class vendor to the Shelby list.

John - I'm going to snag your pictures for samples :hysterical:

The leather will conform to the seats once they get some heat/sun.

The perforated seats were not an option - mine do not have them other. We're looking to adding them.

And thanks go to Robert for making the executive decision to change the placement of the badges. I think the seats look so much better with the badges at the top of all seats - and the CS sig on the headrest. It just flows better.

Can someone help me understand the "Perforated" Seats?

Rick, which color inserts are you doing on the 427? Early sometimes isn't so bad when you end up with something others want but can't get now (like your floormats) LOL

Can someone help me understand the "Perforated" Seats?

Rick, which color inserts are you doing on the 427? Early sometimes isn't so bad when you end up with something others want but can't get now (like your floormats) LOL

Leather material with holes in it.

My appointment is set for May 5th to have both my Shelby's upgraded with the new upholstery happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif.

Only problem, Marji said I'm out of mod money :cry: . But, but, that's impossible. I still have mods to do. :hysterical:

Leather material with holes in it.

Flyboy, I'm having mine done at the same place you did but in red w/o perforations ($50 up charge). Gary said there is a down side to them such as dirt accumulation and discoloration it's all personal preference but even though I haven't seen them in perf I think I made the right choice by opting out.

John,

Your seats look great. Mine are on the way. I spoke to Glenn this morning and they should be at the installer this week. Mine will be a little different as I had Glenn perforate the silver insert and I bought enough extra leather to do the door panels. I'll post pics for a comparison.

How is the Silver color in person versus the picture? Are you happy with the match to the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS)?

Cobrafan / or anyone: How difficult is it to change the door panel inserts...have you done/had it done yet? I have red door panel inserts and would definitley want to change it out. Any nfo appreciated. Thanks

Cobrafan / or anyone: How difficult is it to change the door panel inserts...have you done/had it done yet? I have red door panel inserts and would definitley want to change it out. Any nfo appreciated. Thanks

ST,

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. We are waiting for the leather to come in.

I'm happy with the color - though it was by Gary's recommendation. I had no swatches to consider. He said Silver Leaf was more grey. Also - I would have gotten my inserts perforated as well - if I knew that was an option. It was my only disappointment - I assumed they were perforated. They should all be perforated like stock.

I agree. After looking at my perforated red door inserts this weekend, I opted to have my red seat inserts perforated. The GT500 logo wasn't quite in production yet, so I was able to change my order to perforated. I think having the seat inserts match up to the door inserts will look that much better. Hopefully now it won't be too much longer. I'm just glad I was able to change the order.

Archived