TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 40th upholstery installed

FYI - they made a slight change to the placement of the badges as seen in the store. All badges will go on the top of the seat - both front and back, and the front headrests will have the CS signature - as seen in the Terlingua example in the store. The only badge placed on the headrest will be the 427 version.

I just had mine installed. I took my seats out yesterday and dropped them off at the local installer. They had no trouble getting the covers on in a day. I picked up the seats and installed them this afternoon. Only complaint - my installer didn't take the time to get the cushions and covers symmetrical. I had to take some time to manipulate the cushions under the covers to get them right.

Then it started to rain - and I didn't have time for outside pics. So here are a few from inside the garage.

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04059.jpg

DSC04061.jpg

DSC04062.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

Looks great! Thanks for posting pics. I think you must be one of the first , if not the first 40th to get this done!! I was seriously considering it...now I think I am saving my pennies for a Red GT500 Coupe that will someday be supersnaked. One question though, does anyone think there can be too much Shelby (logos and badges) on these cars?

Looks good John,

Do they feel more comfortable to you?? Hopefully some of the wrinkles will come out in the sun.

Did you ever get you Kenne Bell installed?? I thought you had ordered one at the bash in Januarly when we talked??

Alex

Looks good John,

Do they feel more comfortable to you?? Hopefully some of the wrinkles will come out in the sun.

Did you ever get you Kenne Bell installed?? I thought you had ordered one at the bash in Januarly when we talked??

Alex

Hey Alex -

My buddy Dan with the White/Blue coupe is the one who's getting the KB soon. I just ordered the 2.9 Whipple from Evo - hope to get that in soon.

Yes - I figure the material will smooth out over time - it was wrinkled in shipment. I really like the extra side bolster support - has more of that wrap-around feel..

Sounds good John. What was your friends name with the white and blue coupe?? I am terrible with names!! LOL.

The shop that installed the upholstery should have layed it out in the sun first...Oh well, the wrinkles will get better with time. I think the silver inserts look great with the silver stripes on your 40th. Take care.

Alex

Love the look of the new seats! +1 on the wrinkles, I'm anxious to see if the leather settles down, which it should if it's a good quality leather. I might just have to pull the trigger on the blue seats. Now look what you've started! Cha-Ching :drool:

John,

The covers look awsome and I would order them, BUT I got the red and black seats and doors on mine :cry:

On a great note I did ship my airbag cover off to be signed :happy feet:

07XL0142

You can get the upgraded interior for the Black with red inserts interior. I have mine on order.

they were in the store. it looks like they took them down to make a few changes. as i mentioned earlier - the badge placement has chnged.

replaces the orignal covers. installation is included - they will arrange for an installer local to you. also included is new foam for the front seats. extra side bolster support. much firmer and wrap-around feel.

John,

Your seats look great. Mine are on the way. I spoke to Glenn this morning and they should be at the installer this week. Mine will be a little different as I had Glenn perforate the silver insert and I bought enough extra leather to do the door panels. I'll post pics for a comparison.

How is the Silver color in person versus the picture? Are you happy with the match to the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS)?

John,

Your seats look great. Mine are on the way. I spoke to Glenn this morning and they should be at the installer this week. Mine will be a little different as I had Glenn perforate the silver insert and I bought enough extra leather to do the door panels. I'll post pics for a comparison.

How is the Silver color in person versus the picture? Are you happy with the match to the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS)?

I'm happy with the color - though it was by Gary's recommendation. I had no swatches to consider. He said Silver Leaf was more grey. Also - I would have gotten my inserts perforated as well - if I knew that was an option. It was my only disappointment - I assumed they were perforated. They should all be perforated like stock.

John,

CF, how much more $ for the perforation?

Hello everyone,

My company is Designer Auto Accessories and we are the provider of Johns leather seats. I will be online from time to time and can address any comments on not only the seats, but also the custom car covers and the masks. We make all 3.

I noticed a couple comments on some wrinkling. It is something that will settle down with a little heat and time. The covers are made in such a way that they can shrink with a little good old heat from the sun. If they fit too tight to start they have problems later on. So, John, don't worry, they will settle down in a few days.

As for you guys who have the red door inserts, we do a great job of matching that panel with the seat inserts.

For anyone interested, I have small leather swatches that I can send out if you want to buy, but are not sure of the color match.

I will check the site daily for any questions, but if anyone wants to talk direct, you can e-mail at gkdisney@cox.net. Hope everyone loves their new stuff.

Archived