TEAM SHELBY FORUM

there has to be a way

I have brought it up on numerous boards. Whoever would come up with a kit minus the S/C could sell a bunch. The Roush Tvs kit for the 4.6 would work since the Tvs and the stock s/c are a direct bolt up. They won't sell the kit without the s/c as far as I know. Its too bad since I will have 2 like new GT500 s/c's and a Bullitt that needs more power!

maybe we should just swap a 5.4 into our cars lol

why does it have to be so hard :banghead: hahaha

Nah, 5.4 is too heavy, but I do like the idea of being able to put a GT500 blower on the 4.6...SOMEONE has to have a way to figure this out and be able to provide us a kit...sure would be nice!

Unfortunately the deal that was cut by Ford/FRPP was TVS for the GT500 and Whipple for the GT. Believe me, the FRPP guys back in 2006 wanted the TVS to be available for both but, for reasons that shall remain unstated, it's unlikely that's going to happen, imo. Too bad since the TVS on the 4.6 would be outstanding! If I had a 4.6 GT I'd get the Roush in a heartbeat.

well since im always up for experimenting plus im an aircraft mechanic...... i might be able to whip something up. i need to get my hands on a take off tvs first though. any one got an ebay link?

i'll think about tackling this thing, i have to get brake lines and cooling, kits put in first plus whatever else i need before racing season kicks off for me.

wouldnt be too terribly difficult, the biggest issue i could see would be getting the right flow control. we could weld up an aluminum one with out much problem.

I have brought it up on numerous boards. Whoever would come up with a kit minus the S/C could sell a bunch. The Roush Tvs kit for the 4.6 would work since the Tvs and the stock s/c are a direct bolt up. They won't sell the kit without the s/c as far as I know. Its too bad since I will have 2 like new GT500 s/c's and a Bullitt that needs more power!

would you perhaps be willing to let one go maybe? :drool:

I've seen twin blown new Challengers and Lightnings so anythings possible. Seems like machining an adapter plate to fit the blower to the 4.6 intake and then the proper assorted related bits and you'd be there.

guy could get it to happen, to me the hurdle is the tune...

well since im always up for experimenting plus im an aircraft mechanic...... i might be able to whip something up. i need to get my hands on a take off tvs first though. any one got an ebay link?

i'll think about tackling this thing, i have to get brake lines and cooling, kits put in first plus whatever else i need before racing season kicks off for me.

wouldnt be too terribly difficult, the biggest issue i could see would be getting the right flow control. we could weld up an aluminum one with out much problem.

the stock SC from the GT500 is not a TVS

JDM would sell me the kit minus the SC for my SGT, it wasn't cheap.

oh lol well im not really knowledgeable on the gt500. whats the sc they come with?

Eaton 122H gen-5 is stock on GT500. TVS is a high-helix gen-6 Eaton. Both are roots types and bolt-compatible but very different internal design. The stocker is a 60* twist with 3-3-lobe rotors and the TVS is 160* twist with 4-4 lobe rotors and also considerably more efficient ...arguably the most efficient fixed-displacement SC ever produced -Dan

I can give you a sweet deal on a Turbo kit that will bolt on (452rwhp/502lbs of torque)

mustang_gt_turbo_kit.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Archived