TEAM SHELBY FORUM

advantage of picking up car in person???

I had my car shipped to SAI when I got the call in January to send it in for the SS package. I won't have the time available to even consider driving it home to Michigan when they call me to pick it up, but I'm wondering about the possibility of flying out for a day just to see it come out of the shop and meet some of the people who were involved in the process.

Can anyone who has picked up their Super Snake in person tell me what the experience was like? I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth making the trip; even if I still have to have it shipped back rather than driving it home.

I was there in March for the Shelby 427 Nascar race and I've done the factory and museum tour twice already. Still think it would be cool to see it come out in person. Just want to make sure a plane ticket wouldn't be money better spent on future modifications if you understand what I'm thinking.

Hey fellow SS Michigander....

I'm in the same position. My car has been at SAI since 3/2/09 and hope to get the call next month. I've never been to SAI , so I will definately be going to check everything out, but still plan to have my car shipped back.

I e-mailed SAI last week about my take off parts and inquired about a status update on my car . No response yet. :headscratch:

I'd also be interested in knowing what to expect when I get there.

I picked up my car in person and I have to say that the first time you see it is priceless! My jaw just about dropped and I was in awe of my car. I couldn't believe it was mine. Everyone was great and it was worth it for the experience.

If you are going to see it and fly back, maybe you could at least get in one 25 mile break-in run on it before you go. That way you only have 2 more times to do it when it gets home. You could also enjoy it for the first time before having to wait another week to see it.

If you have the time and funds for the flight/hotel, definitely go pick her up in person. The chance to give her a once over and the best picture opportunity possible. It's one of those once in a life time kinda things.

Only problem, it'll be tough to leave her behind for transporting.

I had my car shipped to SAI when I got the call in January to send it in for the SS package. I won't have the time available to even consider driving it home to Michigan when they call me to pick it up, but I'm wondering about the possibility of flying out for a day just to see it come out of the shop and meet some of the people who were involved in the process.

Can anyone who has picked up their Super Snake in person tell me what the experience was like? I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth making the trip; even if I still have to have it shipped back rather than driving it home.

I was there in March for the Shelby 427 Nascar race and I've done the factory and museum tour twice already. Still think it would be cool to see it come out in person. Just want to make sure a plane ticket wouldn't be money better spent on future modifications if you understand what I'm thinking.

MustBD2, PM me on this question. I have important information for you regarding delivery of your car after the conversion is complete. It is definately worth your expenses to inspect the car before it ships.

The first picture of your Snake in front of the building with SHELBY sign in the background with you standing by your car is worth the price of admission. A digital camera will time stamp the picture so that it doesn't show in the picture, but if you every want it documented, it's there.

Just Do It, as Nike says.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked with Kameron today and my car should be done next week. I've decided I'll probably only get this chance once in my lifetime, so now I just have to look for a flight. Just the opportunity to get that first photo in front of SAI's building seems worth the trip.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked with Kameron today and my car should be done next week. I've decided I'll probably only get this chance once in my lifetime, so now I just have to look for a flight. Just the opportunity to get that first photo in front of SAI's building seems worth the trip.

It will be. Have a good time and let us know how it goes for you.

I'll be in LV this Sat through Wed next week. What day will you be there to pick up your car? I'd love to see it in person.

I'm in Vegas now :happy feet: :happy feet: . Marji and I are doing some computer program training, but will always make some Shelby time. Lots of Super Snakes to be seen and everyone is very busy. But the team at SAI always makes time for visiting friends and family.

I'll be in LV this Sat through Wed next week. What day will you be there to pick up your car? I'd love to see it in person.

Sorry, won't be there until the 13th. Can't wait to see it for the first time!

• 2 weeks later...

My car is ready and I'm flying out tomorrow night to visit SAI on Wednesday morning! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Now the hard part will be loading it on the truck and waiting for it to make it back to Michigan!

I'm in Vegas now :happy feet: :happy feet: . Marji and I are doing some computer program training, but will always make some Shelby time. Lots of Super Snakes to be seen and everyone is very busy. But the team at SAI always makes time for visiting friends and family.

+ 100 % :happy feet:

Archived