TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Day 2009 set for September 12, 2009....

mywickedshelby

Will be cloudy most of the day with less rain tomorrow and Sean and I want to go no matter what whether we are taking the Shelby or the Screaming Yellow Stang, Sean will decide in the morning, he's the driver.... :shift: I'm just a tag-along..... :hysterical: and we might end up going the way we know to Route 9 to 95!!! Hope to see you there Dave!!! :)

if the meet at north windham is out please make sure to post, otherwise im going 9 to 95 as well :)

Doint want to be the only one there

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok fellow TS members/friends due to the uncertainty of the weather, who is going and who is not Secondo and I will be heading to Tasca on our own and leaving around 7 we will be taking Route 9 to 95 also and he is driving the Shelby..... :happy feet: if need be he will stop at a car wash in Rhode Island!!! Can't wait to see you all there and also meet some new TS members..... :happy feet:

There is a car wash across the street from Tasca at the Shell station. When you come off the ramp from RT 37 it is across from you at the light. Tasca has a car wash as well but I don't know what the status is as far as people being able to use it.

It's still raining off and on as of this post. I'm getting up at 7 and checking the weather on-line and going from there. I've been every year since the first one so I'll be there. :shift:

if the meet at north windham is out please make sure to post, otherwise im going 9 to 95 as well :)

Doint want to be the only one there

I'm still planning to go through North Windham. Give me a call or PM if you want to drive directly to Tasca and I'll just meet you there instead.

-yellow pony

There is a car wash across the street from Tasca at the Shell station. When you come off the ramp from RT 37 it is across from you at the light. Tasca has a car wash as well but I don't know what the status is as far as people being able to use it.

It's still raining off and on as of this post. I'm getting up at 7 and checking the weather on-line and going from there. I've been every year since the first one so I'll be there. :shift:

Mike, post some pictures for us

thanks but im driving straight in on 95, thought winham was doa..

I'll change my plans to now drive straight to Tasca and won't be stopping off at the meeting spot in Windham since I don't think there's anyone else planning to be there.

Weather looks reasonable, so the Shelby will be going! :shift: See everyone at Tasca!

-yellow pony

I'll change my plans to now drive straight to Tasca and won't be stopping off at the meeting spot in Windham since I don't think there's anyone else planning to be there.

Weather looks reasonable, so the Shelby will be going! :shift: See everyone at Tasca!

-yellow pony

Unfortunately when I got up this morning at 4:46 it was still raining and it is still sprinkling here and the forecast is still not looking friendly so I have decided to bin it this year. Hope for better weather next time!

Weather was not the greatest but a good showing of mustangs and a good turnout. It was nice to meet everyone. I had never seen a Super Snake or KR before. There were quite a few Super Snakes in fact. Shelbygirl (not sure if that is ur TS username) your SGT that was in the mod shop is gorgeous! It looks amazing with all the race graphics and razor wheels!

Bob, did you make it to D.C. for the tea party? That looked like a great event! They had a smaller one in Providence yesterday as well. (The double meaning of my avatar.) At least I saw your car when it was in the mod shop for the scoop replacement.

Pete, nice to meet you, you got plenty of autographs for sure! I liked watching all you folks that don't get to Tasca much or it was your first time, like seeing kids in a candy store. :woohoo:

I'll have more pics later. My friend took a bunch, he's a pro, should have some nice shots.

Bob, did you make it to D.C. for the tea party? That looked like a great event! They had a smaller one in Providence yesterday as well. (The double meaning of my avatar.) At least I saw your car when it was in the mod shop for the scoop replacement.

Pete, nice to meet you, you got plenty of autographs for sure! I liked watching all you folks that don't get to Tasca much or it was your first time, like seeing kids in a candy store. :woohoo:

I'll have more pics later. My friend took a bunch, he's a pro, should have some nice shots.

Yes, I did make it, and it was quite a success. HUGE turnout!!!

It was great to meet everyone at Tasca yesterday! It was good to put some more faces with the TS screen names!

Team Shelby had a good showing despite the less than perfect weather!

Hope everyone had a good ride home, especially those that had a long drive!

DSCF0161.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of my photos:

Link to Photos

-yellow pony

It was good to meet some new 'old' friends.

Eric, did you make it home already or did you stop somewhere?

Kevin,

I stayed in Cranston overnight. It was a long drive but worth it.

Do you or anyone know where to get the racing decals and numbers for the cars? I really liked the looks on the SGT vert that was in the mod shop.

It was great to meet everyone at Tasca yesterday! It was good to put some more faces with the TS screen names!

Team Shelby had a good showing despite the less than perfect weather!

Hope everyone had a good ride home, especially those that had a long drive!

-yellow pony

Even though I wimped out and didn't bring my SGT, it was nice to stop by and meet

some of you, and to show all of your great cars to my two young sons (although Shelby

the puppy probably got the biggest reaction). My Mustang knowledge got tested by

my 6 year old as he quizzed me about the year of every car at the event.

And thanks for the tip about Craig's Custom Brackets for my front license plate. It's

help like this that makes TS such a great resource. Because of my sons, I didn't

get the chance to ask the SGT owners (other than George) if they had replaced

their hood scoop and if so who did it. I've heard Tasca won't do another.

-Tom

This is a re-post in case some of you missed it in my thread.... ;)

Secondo, Shelby and I went to Tasca on Saturday.... :peelout: despite the not so great weather again.... :rolleyes: But it was very nice to talk and meet some of our TS members .... :happy feet:

George - Yellow Pony

Rosssvt - Roger

Mike - Mikewheels

SGT4265 - Dave

GT500 Rocks - Pete and his wife Sandy

Dig It - Kevin

08SGT1977 - Eric

07 Naja - Vic, who drove all the way up from Florida in alot of rain..... :rockon:

A guy who identified himself as just a "Lurker"..... :lurk: but owns an Orange Super Snake.... :dance:

AND Bob Tasca, Sr himself, who gave Sean and I a history report about the Tasca family..... :happy feet:

I apologize if I forgot anyone I seem to have a short memory lately.... :headscratch: between Secondo and I we took a total of 182 pics.... :camera: I will probably post my pics in about a week or so..... :hysterical: it's been such a project lately to download them first since I take so many pics..... :doh:

Kevin,

I stayed in Cranston overnight. It was a long drive but worth it.

Do you or anyone know where to get the racing decals and numbers for the cars? I really liked the looks on the SGT vert that was in the mod shop.

Any sign shop that does vinyl should be able to make those for you no problem. I have a guy near me that makes all kinds of stuff like that. Try to get the "magnetic" type so you can remove and reuse them at will.

This is a re-post in case some of you missed it in my thread.... ;)

Secondo, Shelby and I went to Tasca on Saturday.... :peelout: despite the not so great weather again.... :rolleyes: But it was very nice to talk and meet some of our TS members .... :happy feet:

George - Yellow Pony

Rosssvt - Roger

Mike - Mikewheels

SGT4265 - Dave

GT500 Rocks - Pete and his wife Sandy

Dig It - Kevin

08SGT1977 - Eric

07 Naja - Vic, who drove all the way up from Florida in alot of rain..... :rockon:

A guy who identified himself as just a "Lurker"..... :lurk: but owns an Orange Super Snake.... :dance:

AND Bob Tasca, Sr himself, who gave Sean and I a history report about the Tasca family..... :happy feet:

I apologize if I forgot anyone I seem to have a short memory lately.... :headscratch: between Secondo and I we took a total of 182 pics.... :camera: I will probably post my pics in about a week or so..... :hysterical: it's been such a project lately to download them first since I take so many pics..... :doh:

:happy feet: Yes it was very great to be able to meet all of you!! Will post a ton of pics soon.

Archived