TEAM SHELBY FORUM

45th was a blast!

johnrehder

Well its over now but what a great time I had! I spent all 4 days walking, talking and shopping. The Mustang challenge was fun too watch along with the other driving groups. I did not go on the cruise or the dinner but heard it was a good time. I bought a set of Blue Valve covers, an aluminum strut tower brace from Shelby Parts and a sequential tail light harness kit. Installed them all when I got home this afternoon. The valve covers and Shelby strut look fantastic. I'm ready for the first cruise in this weekend in Dallas, Ga. Hope everyone arrives home safe. Thanks to all the hard working volunteers too! :happy feet:

We had a good time as well. I think my wife has the best time. She was the beast driving the black GT500 with red stripes in the A group. She actually passed every body in her group and caught up to the last group before it ended.

The pit guy pulled her over at the end of that session and stated they were concerned she was going to bend the car!

I would love it if somepne got pictures or video of her spinning out in fornt of the Team Shelby gang on Saturday afternoon. I ran of tape. The rest of my friends missed the shot for one reason or another.

I will post pictures later.

Paul

Here is a link to the track's FB page. It has some video for the Thrusday night cruise to Homewood with +500 cars in the convoy. There are also some pictures of the track with 17 flowing turns and +80 in elevation change!

Barber Motor Sports Face Book Page

+3000 cars and a close up of the 2010 GT500.....priceless.

Pics coming tonight.

Glad to hear that you got to go and above all had a great time...Now you know what is coming next....

You can't tell us about your mods unless.....................

i'll say it..PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Louis:

Great to meet you and your Shelby. I'll try to get a picture posted of the only two SGT-C's at the 45th. Great event and a BIG thanks to StangFever for making the corral and many cool things happen!

A few pics. Wife in her ASP, keys locked in 93 FHP Pony, Alabama offcer assisting, TS member helping, tire marks of the spin just right of the tail light.

You just have to love the name of the officer!!!

post-8294-1240236199_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236215_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236242_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236259_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236291_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236199_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236215_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236242_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236259_thumb.jpg

post-8294-1240236291_thumb.jpg

Hello to Team Shelby members from Birmingham. Happy to hear that you had a good time. I enjoyed parking with you in the Team Shelby area and having the opportunity to meet a good many of you. The weather held off until late Sunday and I hope that everyone made in out before the weather came in and made it home safely.

John from Douglasville.....post pic of your car with bar! I made it to the Shelby tent and that is such a good locking strut bar!

Hope to see some of you down the road.

Jill

Louis:

Great to meet you and your Shelby. I'll try to get a picture posted of the only two SGT-C's at the 45th. Great event and a BIG thanks to StangFever for making the corral and many cool things happen!

it was nice to meet you , your wife and her dad. I didn't get to see you on the track, I was busy at the swap meet. I actually saw 2 or 3 SGT-C in the general parking lot on friday. (i had to park there until I could get my registration sorted, but no biggie.

Scott, thanks again.

Well its over now but what a great time I had! I spent all 4 days walking, talking and shopping. The Mustang challenge was fun too watch along with the other driving groups. I did not go on the cruise or the dinner but heard it was a good time. I bought a set of Blue Valve covers, an aluminum strut tower brace from Shelby Parts and a sequential tail light harness kit. Installed them all when I got home this afternoon. The valve covers and Shelby strut look fantastic. I'm ready for the first cruise in this weekend in Dallas, Ga. Hope everyone arrives home safe. Thanks to all the hard working volunteers too! :happy feet:

Post pics. Rick

Jill,

Here is a picture of the Shelby Strut and blue valve covers. Love them both!!

Hello to Team Shelby members from Birmingham. Happy to hear that you had a good time. I enjoyed parking with you in the Team Shelby area and having the opportunity to meet a good many of you. The weather held off until late Sunday and I hope that everyone made in out before the weather came in and made it home safely.

John from Douglasville.....post pic of your car with bar! I made it to the Shelby tent and that is such a good locking strut bar!

Hope to see some of you down the road.

Jill

Shelby_Strut.JPG

Shelby_Strut.JPG

I love this shot of Fastmovr early in the morning at the track.

FSTMOVER_at_Track2.JPG

FSTMOVER_at_Track2.JPG

Well my wife already posted earlier this morning, but, I enjoyed meeting you, hers was the '08 Vert that you were telling us about you purchases in front of.

Also good to meet Shelby Girl, and the legendary Scott, glad you got to "stay" for the whole event, I will not go any further.

Also good to meet Sharon and Jim Wells in person from Shelby and the rest of the Shelby crew that was there.

Hope that everyone enjoyed our Southern Hospitality.

Tommy Dale Stanley aka TDS

I had a wonderful time at the 45th celebration!

It was the personal interactions and new found friendships that developed that meant the most for me!

Not to mention the "Southern Hospitality" TDS :hysterical:

I love this shot of Fastmovr early in the morning at the track.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Bar looks great and what a great shot of your car with the timing tower in the background.

Jill

I didn't get a picture of her spinning but this is where she landed. That was very dramatic for the people watching from the hill. Everyone started gasping when she was mid spin. It was either remarkable skill or good luck to get that thing pointed back and planted like she did.

All the pictures I took.

45th Pictures

Some Video Clips:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vistabluev8

IMG_7874.JPG

Here is another on the track.

IMG_7850.JPG

We had a good time as well. I think my wife has the best time. She was the beast driving the black GT500 with red stripes in the A group. She actually passed every body in her group and caught up to the last group before it ended.

The pit guy pulled her over at the end of that session and stated they were concerned she was going to bend the car!

I would love it if somepne got pictures or video of her spinning out in fornt of the Team Shelby gang on Saturday afternoon. I ran of tape. The rest of my friends missed the shot for one reason or another.

I will post pictures later.

Paul

I didn't get a picture of her spinning but this is where she landed. That was very dramatic for the people watching from the hill. Everyone started gasping when she was mid spin. It was either remarkable skill or good luck to get that thing pointed back and planted like she did.

More than likely some of both. Could you email these pictures in a unreduced format? I will PM address.

Thanks,

Paul

I just wanted to say that I had the best time at the 45th!! hanging and making friends with the folks in the TS corral :)

Special thanks to Jimmy and his family for the "A" hats.. your hospitality was awesome and our family enjoyed your company..I was not that excited about the 1:59 AM text messages, but I'll let ya slide...LOL... I owe ya brother...

John and Scotty you guys were great as well... memories to last a life time....See on the track next time Scotty...

For Colonel Keith, Man, You drove it like you stole it...(yahoo) You are taking it well and can't wait to see her again after surgery...lol... It was nice meeting you and your wife.. love her vert. :)

For the one and only, SHARON!!! Thanks and it was great to meet you both.. See ya @ SAAC34

I just wanted to say that I had the best time at the 45th!! hanging and making friends with the folks in the TS corral :)

For Colonel Keith, Man, You drove it like you stole it...(yahoo) You are taking it well and can't wait to see her again after surgery...lol... It was nice meeting you and your wife.. love her vert. :)

See ya @ SAAC34

Same here! A blast indeed... would go back anytime!

I posted pics and recap in this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/topic=42147/post=689724

Keith

Here is a pic of my car at Barber's. I hate I missed to meet everyone. Had a blast myself just seeing all the Shelbys, not everyday you see that many in this area. Glad to see such a huge turn out for my first ever car show I have attended, maybe next time I will participate in some of the events myself.

post-20976-1240350654_thumb.jpg

post-20976-1240350654_thumb.jpg

I had a wonderful time at the 45th celebration!

It was the personal interactions and new found friendships that developed that meant the most for me!

Not to mention the "Southern Hospitality" TDS :hysterical:

I AM SURE that Steve showed lots of Southern Hospitality that early in the A.M. on Thursday.

:censored: TDS

Feel free to insert appropriate word in the CENSORED AREA ABOVE.

Did anybody get to take any pictures at the TS tour and talk with Tommy Kendall, Terry Borcheller, Scott Pruett, and Andrew Cadell? I would like to have a copy if anybody has a couple.

Jeff,

I have some PICS! As soon as I get done sorting through them and post, I'll let you know where.

Thanks for taking the time and arranging for this very informative session!

Archived