TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Cover

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how did you get them first? I was supposed to be #1!!! :baby:

The picture is of my car. These are the R&D test fit ones. I just happened to be having the rear diffuser cover installed in Las Vegas by Raceskinz when they needed to test fit the mud flaps, so I was the lucky test fit. The production versions are almost complete and ready to be shipped. I will post some more pics.

Cheers

Brett

• 4 weeks later...
The picture is of my car. These are the R&D test fit ones. I just happened to be having the rear diffuser cover installed in Las Vegas by Raceskinz when they needed to test fit the mud flaps, so I was the lucky test fit. The production versions are almost complete and ready to be shipped. I will post some more pics.

Cheers

Brett

Can't wait to get mine. Though I'm getting a little frustrated waiting on my diffuser. I returned my original skin requesting a replacement back on August 15 - and I'm still waiting. Going on 2 months here. Scott keeps telling me it's coming - for weeks. :headscratch:

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say I'm disappointed with my diffuser.

The first one didn't fit well and the CF on one side wasn't straight - so I returned it. Scott was very quick about sending out a call tag and getting it back. Though it took over two months to receive a replacement. Scott said "they wanted to be sure they had the right one for me". Not sure now what that meant since the next one, as well, didn't fit as I had hoped. Though given the time factor of waiting for yet another - I figured I'd try to make this one work. That's risky since they have a 'no return' policy on anything that has been more than test fitted. One corner is bowed out about 1/4" along the seam between the CF and the bumper. I look at the pics of others where there is a nice tight seam all the way around - I don't have that. Then some of the glossy epoxy resin lifted around the exhaust from the masking tape.

I'll try to make it as good as I can, but I am disappointed in the months is has taken to get here - and in the end result.

Gotta say I'm disappointed with my diffuser.

The first one didn't fit well and the CF on one side wasn't straight - so I returned it. Scott was very quick about sending out a call tag and getting it back. Though it took over two months to receive a replacement. Scott said "they wanted to be sure they had the right one for me". Not sure now what that meant since the next one, as well, didn't fit as I had hoped. Though given the time factor of waiting for yet another - I figured I'd try to make this one work. That's risky since they have a 'no return' policy on anything that has been more than test fitted. One corner is bowed out about 1/4" along the seam between the CF and the bumper. I look at the pics of others where there is a nice tight seam all the way around - I don't have that. Then some of the glossy epoxy resin lifted around the exhaust from the masking tape.

I'll try to make it as good as I can, but I am disappointed in the months is has taken to get here - and in the end result.

I was very happy with mine. I have put a couple of them on now and the instillation is the key to making them come out right. To do it right you really need to do it on a lift and take the rear section of the exhaust down. I used lots of clamps, a ton of tape and did it in 3 stages letting it dry in between. Mine turned out perfectly. There is no doubt Shelby should include these on the SS package! Really finishes off the car. I had it on at the Texas Mile a couple of weekends back. At 191mph it stayed put! I bet I could have sold 20 if them at the event. I got more questions about that rear defusser than anything else on the car.

I was very happy with mine. I have put a couple of them on now and the instillation is the key to making them come out right. To do it right you really need to do it on a lift and take the rear section of the exhaust down. I used lots of clamps, a ton of tape and did it in 3 stages letting it dry in between. Mine turned out perfectly. There is no doubt Shelby should include these on the SS package! Really finishes off the car. I had it on at the Texas Mile a couple of weekends back. At 191mph it stayed put! I bet I could have sold 20 if them at the event. I got more questions about that rear defusser than anything else on the car.

I actually took my rear bumper cover off and applied the diffuser to it upside down on the floor for ease of installation and manipulation. I used lots of tape, but could not makeup for the imperfection - it was too great a bulge.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to take back my comments. The bulge bothered me when I was working on it up close. Truth is - it's not that noticable while on the car. I still want to go over one more time with the sealant before I put up some pics.

Glad to hear that it is working out for you. Look forward to the pics. Did you get your mud flaps yet?

Cheers

Brett

• 2 months later...

drool.gif

Is it 100% cf or is it painted? I don't mind using the painted type cf parts on the interior, I just want 100% cf parts on the exterior.

Is it 100% cf or is it painted? I don't mind using the painted type cf parts on the interior, I just want 100% cf parts on the exterior.

The RaceSkinz parts are 100% Carbon Fiber.

And I would check Carbign Craft for real Carbon interior bits vs. the painted stuff.

Archived