TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zaino wax

progolferv1

I used Meguires for years, then tried Zaino and really liked the results. It is a bit of work.

Then I tried ICE side by side on opposite sides of the car with Zaino. The Zaino side took 2 hours, the Ice side 20 minutes including all the black trim.

The ICE beat the shine, the smoothness of touch and the depth of color of the Zaino hands down and for FAR less work. I have been using it since and have been very impressed with its longevity and how well it works on the black trim. Simply amazing stuff. I now use the 'wax' the detailer and the tire dressing and am very pleased with the results.

ICE and microfiber towels.

I used Meguires for years, then tried Zaino and really liked the results. It is a bit of work.

Then I tried ICE side by side on opposite sides of the car with Zaino. The Zaino side took 2 hours, the Ice side 20 minutes including all the black trim.

The ICE beat the shine, the smoothness of touch and the depth of color of the Zaino hands down and for FAR less work. I have been using it since and have been very impressed with its longevity and how well it works on the black trim. Simply amazing stuff. I now use the 'wax' the detailer and the tire dressing and am very pleased with the results.

Hmmmm ICE... is it a liquid wax? I'm a Zaino fanatic too.

I aggree the ice is a great product too, but it is hard to find their clay kit at retailers. Most I have asked did'nt even know they had one! But these days I must admit I am biased toward meguiers for the exterior, black magic for my tires and Ice quick detailer and or wax under hood and in door jambs, and wheel wells

Hmmmm ICE... is it a liquid wax? I'm a Zaino fanatic too.

The synthetic wax is available in liquid or paste form. I liked the paste at first then moved over to the liquid. The results are exactly the same. Liquid is easier to use if you are doing the black trim at the same time. It also does a FABULOUS job on white pebble grain vinyl top on my 65 Mustang GT. Would never have thought to use it there until another car show participant suggested it.

If you are in a dry location, you are REALLY lucky. I have had to have two dehumidifiers & AC open to the garage after application so a coat would dry fast. Sure, there is that accelerator you can put in the Z2 that makes is dry faster, but with 80+/90+% humidity, it takes a while.

So if you can have a backup plan for what if this does not dry enough to be able to buff it off ahead of time, might save a lot of rushing around if it takes longer then expected to dry.

Just was burned by not being ready with the dehumidifiers & A/C plan knows before starting before.

If you are in a dry location, you are REALLY lucky. I have had to have two dehumidifiers & AC open to the garage after application so a coat would dry fast. Sure, there is that accelerator you can put in the Z2 that makes is dry faster, but with 80+/90+% humidity, it takes a while.

So if you can have a backup plan for what if this does not dry enough to be able to buff it off ahead of time, might save a lot of rushing around if it takes longer then expected to dry.

Just was burned by not being ready with the dehumidifiers & A/C plan knows before starting before.

I think you are using WAY to much product man.

I live in Texas... Houston... it's about as humid as you can get and I never have had problems with it either drying or with wiping it off.

• 2 months later...

I too am a Zaino user. I just did my wife's silver lexus and it looks great.

I also did my f250.

Now I haven't used it on the shelby yet, only NXT has been on her so far and I have been very impressed with it so far but I have seen some lighter colors really come alive with multiple layers of Z2. On thier home page shows a silver 350z that looks unreal.

I havent decided what to do on the shelby yet.

If i were to switch to zaino on her also, do yall think I should use dial, clay it and start over? Or just start with the zaino on top?

Shelby only has 3500 miles and was clayed the first I got it and stays under a cover and is still smooth as a baby's ass.

I too am a Zaino user. I just did my wife's silver lexus and it looks great.

I also did my f250.

Now I haven't used it on the shelby yet, only NXT has been on her so far and I have been very impressed with it so far but I have seen some lighter colors really come alive with multiple layers of Z2. On thier home page shows a silver 350z that looks unreal.

I havent decided what to do on the shelby yet.

If i were to switch to zaino on her also, do yall think I should use dial, clay it and start over? Or just start with the zaino on top?

Shelby only has 3500 miles and was clayed the first I got it and stays under a cover and is still smooth as a baby's ass.

If it were me, I'd probably just dawn wash it and put the zaino on. No sense re-claying it unless it really needs it, IMO.

Started the process this morning at 8 cst. Clay bar first, 2 coats of polish and just put on the first coat of wax. I run 3 miles a day and lift weights 5 days a week. I will tell you after 4 hours of this...I am wiped. this is not the easiest thing to do, but it sure is nice to see the car this clean. This stuff is all that they claim it to be. I will post pics after the 3 coat of wax.

I agree Zaino is awesome.

This is what I used:

1) Clay Bar

2) Danasse Wet Glaze

3) Zaino Z2Pro W/EFX ( 14 layers )

4) Pinnacle SIG SERIES II WAX (4 ) layers.

It makes my silver look dripping wet and awesome depth, the clay bar is mandatory to achieve a finish that is like glass with no bumps or specs in the paint. Silver is a very hard color to work with, these products on Black make it look like a shimmering wet water infused into your paint.

From what I've heard NXT is a great product. NXT "2.0" is supposed to be even better. Be careful with any wax/sealer that you use that will stain trim. I personally just don't use it if it stains as there are a lot of great products out there that don't.

I'm not sure if NXT does or not.

My favorite "go-to" product right now is Clearkote's Carnuba Moose. I love the stuff, it's cheaper than Zaino and durability is right up there as well. I generally use the Carnuba Moose for everything I do now.

Mother's also produces quality stuff for OTC. Their "Reflections" line is very nice.

NXT can NOT even compare to Zaino.

Pinnacle Sig Series Wax is phenominal on Silver, White.

Pinnacle Souver is stunning on Black, Red, Vista.

Then top it with Zaino and you will cream your jeans,

post-20972-1246820557_thumb.jpg

post-20972-1246820557_thumb.jpg

I was at my first car show just last wed. in Burlington Ont. Canada. There were two reps from SAI there being it was a mainly shelby show. I had been sick with a touch of neumonia the week before and really only had the energy to just wash the car. Had I felt better I would have at least put a layer of quick detailer on but instead just opted to wipe the minor excess water from the mirrors and trunk when I arrived with quick detailer. I did'nt dress the tires or even shine up the rims. Yet both of them said they thought my car looked amazing and asked me how I got such a deep rich shine. Since I arrived when they did, they saw that I had just touched up those few spots. I said I just washed it and brought it down. So to me if it stood out to them and it was not even done to the standard I would have liked to have done then I think the Deep Crystal system works quite well.

Zaino is good stuff no doubt about it, but its a bear to get off, especially the first coat. I've been using ICE paste on my Van and found it to be just as good, more long lasting and really easy to apply and remove.

I did my Van with Zaino before (and clayed it) and it about killed me. Lots of sheet metal. Its out in the weather day in and out and it really wore the Zaino down fast. Was only 2 coats though.

I'm thinking I may try ICE on the GT500 next time to wax.

The only thing Zaino may be is slightly shinier. Its very hard to tell. The ICE works well on black plastic too and that makes it easier to use. Its pretty damn good stuff. Just me .02 cents.

Did you use z-2 or z-5, or some other type?

KC666

:rockon:

Zaino really does it's job after you get multiple layers on...I alternate layers of 1 & 2...if you have a darker colour vehilce by the time you get to coat 9 or 10 there is nothing else out there that will add depth to the look the same way Zaino will IMO. I was using ICE and it is ok, just not the same IMO. The benefit of Zaino is how well it cleans up with just a California duster....I rarely wash the car any more, just dust it and hit it with detail spray where needed.

Another Zaino user here, for 10+ years now. Not saying it's the best - don't know what that would be *L*, but it works for me, especially on black cars. Here's some recent pics of the Shelby with mutliple coats:

DSC03383.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

Zaino on black is amazing. I had it on my black '02 GT. Now I use it on my Alloy '08. I agree with previous comment on Cali Duster. I never wash my car anymore. Zaino / Cali Duster is a sweet combo.

If you waxed before you claybar then you took off all the wax you just put on. Have you guys ever seen this post?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=detailing

Yes, it is a LOT of work. No way around that. Worse if it is humid outside.

But shines like nothing I have ever seen.

Have to admit I waxed before doing the claybar. I was lazy that day (and it still took two days, a dehumidifier in the garage the first night and LOTS of work). Now, I'm dreading starting from scratch and doing the claybar. Not even sure if I will since is looks AWSOME even with having those few "bumps" the claybar would remove.

Being in a VERY humid place. It is a two day process whenever I do it. With the last Z2 & Z6, then Z8 being the second day.

Archived