TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SSBC rear disc brake kit install

kahmann

I finally got the motivation up to finish my fastback recently. Correcting the front suspension is really the only thing that I need to farm out at this point. I've just been dragging my heels badly on the home stretch of this resto-mod ever since I bought my SGT late last year.

Anyway, I finished the driver's side rear disc brake install tonight. They're not as big or flashy as the fronts I bought from SSBC, but they're infinitely better than the stock drums (and heck, even better than the brakes on my Shelby built 42 years later).

I don't have the SSBC part # handy, but it's a 2 piston, clear anodized caliper on an 11.5" vented/slotted/plated rotor. The '9+' on the center of the axle is the model name for the Currie rear end/axles that the new brakes are bolted to. I think they turned out really nice.

Ken

DSC04959.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04965.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

DSC04955.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Great job on the brakes, Ken!!! Let me know how she stops...

Gary

Thanks a lot Gary. I'll definitely let you know how they work when they're done.

The disc kits themselves are installed, as well as the master cylinder. I just dropped the car off this week at NorCal Motorsports in Sacramento to get the finishing touches done.

They're running stainless steel brake lines throughout the car now, so hopefully I'll have a report in a week or so! :)

Ken

• 1 month later...
Thanks a lot Gary. I'll definitely let you know how they work when they're done.

The disc kits themselves are installed, as well as the master cylinder. I just dropped the car off this week at NorCal Motorsports in Sacramento to get the finishing touches done.

They're running stainless steel brake lines throughout the car now, so hopefully I'll have a report in a week or so! :)

Ken

Update on how they stop the car?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived