TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V8 Terlingua Possible?

socalwrench

Yes you can, but have to bring a V6 Mustang have it converted once that has been done you can swap motors.

Well, that kind of seems counter productive. I mean, if I'm going to build the car- why spend that much money having Shelby build it? Even if that was a possibility, then anything done to the engine (V6 specific) is taken off.

I am contemplating a V8 Terlingua. Here is the 'list' so far.

EXTERIOR:

-CS6 front fascia

-CS6 mesh grille (without the Shelby logo)

-Terlingua grille emblem (where to get it?)

-GT500KR / pony rear spoiler

-Razor OR Black SGT Wheels {also a perf. mod}

-Terlingua center caps

-front 255, rear 255 tires {also a perf. mod}

-Terlingua fender decals

-front hood pins

-black quarter window covers

-black rear trim panel (deletes fake gas cap)

-Terlingua rear decal (or emblem?)

-Terlingua side/rocker stripes

INTERIOR:

-CS steering wheel cap

-Terlingua dash decal

-Terlingua dash plaque (with Shelby's signature)

PERFORMANCE:

-CAI w/ tune

-supercharger

-side exhaust with glasspack mufflers

-Eibach Pro-system (springs and dampers)

Well, that kind of seems counter productive. I mean, if I'm going to build the car- why spend that much money having Shelby build it? Even if that was a possibility, then anything done to the engine (V6 specific) is taken off.

EXTERIOR:

-CS6 front fascia

-Terlingua center caps

-Terlingua fender decals

-front hood pins

INTERIOR:

-CS steering wheel cap

-Terlingua dash decal

PERFORMANCE:

-CAI w/ tune

-supercharger

While I am sure it would be cheaper to do it yourself, it is those little details like proprietary decals, dash plaque and of course the emblems, you cant legally make without buying the package...or are you suggesting a "clone" car?

I am REALLY not a fan of those....

On a side note: The terlingua package is the cheapest and possibly rarest Shelby you can get...I think you should drive one before you knock it...

The Jerry Titus tribute car is a V8 Terlingua tribute...but sorry, no pics yet...

EXTERIOR:

-CS6 front fascia

-Terlingua center caps

-Terlingua fender decals

-front hood pins

INTERIOR:

-CS steering wheel cap

-Terlingua dash decal

PERFORMANCE:

-CAI w/ tune

-supercharger

You would at least start with a legit Shelby and not a clone or just having to wait for an official V8 "Terlingua." If you have the money that's the route I would go, but I love the idea of a V6 Shelby that honors his racing history. Just like Dubb said you should see it, hear it and drive it it will make you want one.

No, I am not going to clone anything. I was just saying the things that I would HOPE the V8 Terlingua will have. Some are calling it the Jerry Titus edition, while others say it will be the Shelby GT-R. Either way, it SHOULD have a V8 (especially considering the curb weight of the S197).

I really don't have anything against V6 engines. It's just the original SCCA Terlingua cars used V8 engines, and I don't think it's really a tribute unless it has that V8 rumble. Besides, there's not replacement for displacement.

With that said- I'm done bugging you guys.

I was just watching a video about the Terlingua, and the main reasons why a V6 is used are:

1) The V6 isn't as popular, and is more "irreverent" when it comes to building a fast Mustang.

2) The V6 car is lighter with 50/50 weight distribution.

The first reason I can understand, but I thought the V8 Mustang was 53/47 front/rear? A couple of hundred pounds would be nice, but can't replace the torque of a V8- which is why I bet Shelby added the supercharger. It's a nice car for ~$30k.

I was just watching a video about the Terlingua, and the main reasons why a V6 is used are:

1) The V6 isn't as popular, and is more "irreverent" when it comes to building a fast Mustang.

The first reason I can understand, but I thought the V8 Mustang was 53/47 front/rear? A couple of hundred pounds would be nice, but can't replace the torque of a V8- which is why I bet Shelby added the supercharger. It's a nice car for ~$30k.

It's an Incredible car for $30k!

You simply have to drive one on a road course (or get passed by one :hysterical: ) to understand how well this car handles BECAUSE of the weight and balance. It out performs higher HP cars by carrying more speed into and out of the corners. The Terlingua is a blast to drive!

If you put the Terlingua vs most Shelby's and Mustangs on a small road course (Sub 2.5 mile), the Terlingua will out perform them. My Terlingua beats Mustang GT's all day long. Why? Better cornering, better brakes. Short course it beats the crap out of a GT500. I will also add this: The Terlingua just looks fraking cool. With a few modifications to the Terlingua and it'll be a beast on the track.

Yeah.... I'm starting to come around on the V6. It really is a nice car. I just can't (will never) get over my V8 torque and rumble. This car really makes me want to SC my SGT, but I spent enough getting the car.

Please don't miss understand me, I really like the car. I just wished a V8 was an option. I could envision a stripped down GT with a SC on it- heh, here I go again.

Enjoy your Terlingua if you have one, and someone PLEASE DRIVE ONE TO FABULOUS FORDS FOREVER next year (April). I didn't see even one V6 Terlingua; plenty of decals though (~1800 entrants).

Except for the ones at SAI and the one they raffled (oh, and that "Dutch Bunny" :happy feet: ) the only others out in public are either in Texas or Oklahoma right now..........................That should change now that the LV facility (and Tasca) are starting to build them too.

Yeah.... I'm starting to come around on the V6. It really is a nice car. I just can't (will never) get over my V8 torque and rumble. This car really makes me want to SC my SGT, but I spent enough getting the car.

Please don't miss understand me, I really like the car. I just wished a V8 was an option. I could envision a stripped down GT with a SC on it- heh, here I go again.

Enjoy your Terlingua if you have one, and someone PLEASE DRIVE ONE TO FABULOUS FORDS FOREVER next year (April). I didn't see even one V6 Terlingua; plenty of decals though (~1800 entrants).

We will have ours at the Queen Mary show in Long Beach, Sep or Oct, not sure about Fabulous Fords, but maybe.... :shift:

Archived