TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post various GT500 Colors HERE

crispy23c

Nice. I had a Brittany Blue GT350, brings back fond memories of tearing up the streets (hey, I was a kid). Has anyone even seen Alloy? Had to ask...

Then you are probably older then me. I am from 1964, the year of the Mustang. When I was a kid I had a bike and after that a dozen motorcycles (glad to be still alive) and after that a couple of BMWs. As a kid I was crazy about V8s but in the 70s you saw not much US cars here. My neighbour then bought an AMC Javelin with a 360 and I was hooked. When I had the money, own house with garage then I could buy my first Mustang.

A little. I was born in '62. Got my first Mustang @ 16 1/2 years old (minimum age for a driver's license). Mach 1, 351 w/300 HP, I built it to 400 hp. 2nd car, @ 18, was the GT350. I've had 10 so far, all V8's...Easier to find a Mustang in the states!.......so, now I'm waiting for #11!

AWSOME PICS !!! CHECK THESE OUT!!

Crispy, I don't know if you have seen these pics ,but there are some great pics of a Tungsten Vert and a Vista Blue vert ,also some great coup shots. I don't know how to post them so here's the link. Enjoy!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

AWSOME PICS !!! CHECK THESE OUT!!

Crispy, I don't know if you have seen these pics ,but there are some great pics of a Tungsten Vert and a Vista Blue vert ,also some great coup shots. I don't know how to post them so here's the link. Enjoy!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

Verrry NICE!!!!! Nice catch, svtBird91!!! Thanks!

Verrry NICE!!!!! Nice catch, svtBird91!!! Thanks!

You're welcome . I thought you might like those pics . What did you think of the Tungsten vert?

This is unrelated ,but just for the fun of it I stopped by a local Ford dealer today just to see some colors in person. Of course they tried to sell me a car, so I told them I was only interested in a new Shelby. They said that if they did get one that they would have to get "Double the sticker price for it " that's at least $80,000. I just laughed ,and said they would sell alot more cars if they were'nt so greedy. They said "Everyone else is dong it so it's OK" I said no that is not true ,maybe most but there are some out there with integrity ,though not many.

In my opinion one of the things Ford needs to address in their "Way Forward Plan" is how these greedy dealers are ultimately hurting Ford's image and risking the loss of their loyal base to the "competition".

Just thought you might be interested in this exchange ,thats all.

It's snowing out now we have about 12" already so I'm bored here's my first attempt at posting pics.

Some Vista Blue and some Tungsten.

By the way , the latest "RUMOR" [emphasis on rumor] is there will be an actual 40th anv.model GT500! facts to be released soon. Released later this year. No details on anything yet. Now I'm even more curious.

post-54-1139761567_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139761654_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139761722_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139761845_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139761949_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139762002_thumb.jpg

post-54-1139762073_thumb.jpg

You're welcome . I thought you might like those pics . What did you think of the Tungsten vert?

This is unrelated ,but just for the fun of it I stopped by a local Ford dealer today just to see some colors in person. Of course they tried to sell me a car, so I told them I was only interested in a new Shelby. They said that if they did get one that they would have to get "Double the sticker price for it " that's at least $80,000. I just laughed ,and said they would sell alot more cars if they were'nt so greedy. They said "Everyone else is dong it so it's OK" I said no that is not true ,maybe most but there are some out there with integrity ,though not many.

In my opinion one of the things Ford needs to address in their "Way Forward Plan" is how these greedy dealers are ultimately hurting Ford's image and risking the loss of their loyal base to the "competition".

Just thought you might be interested in this exchange ,thats all.

Dealer markup is just expected with a car that gererates this much interest and demand. It's just good business to sell to what the market will bear. But, what are these morons thinking, when they turn away an obviously interested customer for a price they'll never be able to see for this car anyway. Bad business through and through.

KingCobra.

That Vista Blue is nice but if I do that with white stripes it will be a look a like of all those pubing teens with their 15 yrs old blue Jap Honda Civic, French Peugeot 206, VW Golf GTI cars with white stripes. They come together on friday nights with their boom boxes, exhaust like thrash cans and do burn outs with their front wheels, for crying out loud. <_<

That Vista Blue is nice but if I do that with white stripes it will be a look a like of all those pubing teens with their 15 yrs old blue Jap Honda Civic, French Peugeot 206, VW Golf GTI cars with white stripes. They come together on friday nights with their boom boxes, exhaust like thrash cans and do burn outs with their front wheels, for crying out loud. <_<

You don't hang around those guys ,do you? Just think ,if they saw the Shelby their jaws would drop! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Here I've got an Ebony with an unpainted hood,

what I believe is Tunsten with Satin Silver stripes,

And what I believe is Valentia Yellow.

KingCobra.

Just a quick question about the Tungsten/Silver Coupe. Is that hood from the original concept, or does it look like something available from the aftermarket? I think I like that hood better than the production version.

Welcome on this forum.

That particular photo is a photoshop. The production hood is different.

Thanks for the welcome.

After looking at the photo for a while, I kinda figured it was something like that. The fog lights and the side emblems were the giveaways.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a picture of a 2006 Mustang GT today that is Tungsten.

After seeing this in person, I was a little disappointed. I expected it to be darker.

Now I am not sure I want it as stripes on a performance white coupe.

( MSRP on the 2006 Mustang GT was $29,220, automatic trans, premium interior)

post-2706-1142638987_thumb.jpg

post-2706-1142639035_thumb.jpg

post-2706-1142638987_thumb.jpg

post-2706-1142639035_thumb.jpg

I took a picture of a 2006 Mustang GT today that is Tungsten.

After seeing this in person, I was a little disappointed. I expected it to be darker.

Now I am not sure I want it as stripes on a performance white coupe.

Yeah, I saw a Tungsten at the Mpls Auto show this weekend. Nice, but not what I expected. Seemed very light to me, but had a nice sparkle to it. I think it will make a good stripe color.

Archived