TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My H-Pipe and KR mufflers sound clip

Grabber

The finished installed product looks great. It looks very professional. In fact I would go so far to say that it has a “factory” look to it. It is very strong and does not move or leak at all. Here’s my final install pic’s.

KRMufflersH-Pipe045.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe046.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe047.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe050.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe051.jpg

Grabber, I recently purchased the Shelby Parts KR H pipe, (no instructions of course) and purchased the clamps separately from verocity. Just now getting ready to install. It appears from your install photos the front measurement/cut is for a butt joint with no overlap? From research of these massive band clamps, it appears they were designed for butt joints. However my instinct and years of exhaust work battles against me using a butt joint on exhaust, unless welded. Just want to be certain before I hack up my front pipe, only then to find I need a pipe stretcher to create an overlap :) Many thanks

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back and forth ... my H pipe is still sitting behind me in my office. I havent put them on in over a year of having the H pipe so I am going to just sell them and blow off the dust.

PHRP is selling them for $350 with the clamps ... I will sell my set ... H pipe .... instructions and those massive clamps for $200

It appears from your install photos the front measurement/cut is for a butt joint with no overlap? From research of these massive band clamps, it appears they were designed for butt joints.

They are the same diameter as the stock pipes, thus a butt joint.

I have both the PHRP pipe and one of the few Shelby basement sale H-pipes as well. More here.

Yes Tech. a butt joint, however; If you go about 1/8th" heavy on the cut this will allow for any extra movement needed to align the mufflers. This is important as not all stock exhaust are the same, nor the same length. Sometimes to get the mufflers aligned properly you need that extra 1/8th. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for this effort. I love the sound. :happy feet:

I ordered the M2007FR1SVT setup from Ford. You get the M-5230-SVT1 Mufflers, M-9603-SVT07 CAI with Tuner, CM-6731-FL820 Oil Filter.

I ordered the 2007-08 5.4L Shelby Billet Underhood Kit by Shelby Performance Parts as well. :happy feet:

I will be ordering the H-Pipe from PHRP.

I'll be giving Wes a call this week. :happy feet:

You should get a commission! :hysterical:

It is about time I did some Mods! :shift:

Thanks again for taking the time to video and photograph your install. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know I put on my PHRP h-pipe yesterday and It is :happy feet: SWeeeeeeeeT!!! :happy feet: So much better then the factory X with the KR axles...It's deeper, more snarly and sound like sex to my ears...So far I went out to my garage 3 times just to start it up and rev the bitch.....seriously awesome, If your one of those guys out there that has the KR axles and think your content with the sound with your factory X (cause thats how I was) your sadly mistaken, HUGE improvement!!!

For 2010 owners when installing and lining up the h to the x before cutting, don't be alarmed(like I was) if the driver side of the h looks like it points inward a bit, The angle is off about a quarter inch but when you put the clamp on and adjust the tailpipes it's a perfect fit..

Thank you Wes(Powerhouse) for your EXCELLENT customer service and your AWESOME product!!!! :shift:

Installed mine a few months back and I love the sound more every day. Night and day from the factory X. Great product Wes.

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE YOU'VE ALL HELPED TO MAKE THE PHRP H PIPE A HUGE SUCCESS! I MUST MENTION A SPECIAL THANKS TO BILL WHO ACTUALLY DESIGNED/DEVELOPED THE PART! TO GRABBER FOR HIS CONTINUED SUPPORT OF A GREAT PRODUCT! I CAN ONLY TAKE CREDIT FOR THE LABELING AND PRODUCTION AND OF COURSE THE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUICK SHIPPING! THE GREAT STAFF AT POWERHOUSERP AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST TO MY WONDERFUL WIFE SHELLEE FOR WANTING/DEMANDING (CRYING LIKE A BABY) A BETTER SOUND FOR HER GT500 AFTER HAVING HEARD HER NEW KR! WITHOUT THEM WE WOULD ALL STILL HAVE QUIET HIGH POWERED CARS THAT ONLY OUR GRANDPARENTS LIKE THE SOUND OF, QUIET THAT IS!

• 1 month later...

Back and forth ... my H pipe is still sitting behind me in my office. I havent put them on in over a year of having the H pipe so I am going to just sell them and blow off the dust.

PHRP is selling them for $350 with the clamps ... I will sell my set ... H pipe .... instructions and those massive clamps for $200

If you still have the H-pipes for sale I am interested. Are they the PHRP and will they fit a 2010? Reply back to firekiller.ctf@gmail.com my pm's here do not work thanks.

Greg .... sent u a emai ... but I sold it about a mth ago actually ... forgot about this post .... bad me ! :)

Wes K is awesome guys.. I had the phrp h pipe on my gt500 until I switched to a high flow catted x pipe.. I loved the sound it had without a doubt and miss it so much.. If there was a way to fit it it to my lethal x pipe I would buy another one in a heart beat!!! Must have for sure!!

• 4 months later...

I need some advice or a tip on how to solve a problem. My drivers side muffler tail pipe seems to need to be adjusted every few months to keep it centered. The clamp on the back side of the H pipe seems to not hold the exhaust pipe from rotating. When it rotates, it of course is not centered in the rear valance. I have tightened it down very tight. and it is currently holding, but I suspect it will slowly move like it has done in the past. I thought about having a tack weld put on it, but then I would have to have it ground off if I ever have to do some work on the car. Any tips on what I should do ?

I need some advice or a tip on how to solve a problem. My drivers side muffler tail pipe seems to need to be adjusted every few months to keep it centered. The clamp on the back side of the H pipe seems to not hold the exhaust pipe from rotating. When it rotates, it of course is not centered in the rear valance. I have tightened it down very tight. and it is currently holding, but I suspect it will slowly move like it has done in the past. I thought about having a tack weld put on it, but then I would have to have it ground off if I ever have to do some work on the car. Any tips on what I should do ?

Rob send me an email or pm and I will send you a new clamp. This should not be happening.

Rob send me an email or pm and I will send you a new clamp. This should not be happening.

Wes, Thanks man. i will give the new clamp a try. PM sent.

Steve - I tried that. I don't have to force the pipe to be centered. It stays on it's own. It s after a few months of driving that things move around. I have a torque wrench and believe me...it is tight.

• 2 months later...

The trick to making the cuts perfect is to slide the existing clamps out of the way. To do this you must put a bungi chord on the long exhaust pipes to temporarly support them. Then you take the H-Pipe and bungi chord it to the bottom of the X pipe and line everything up. Mark it with a sharpi. remove the H-Pipe. Put blue painters tape around the area you are going to cut. Then cut it. Worked perfectly !

I may do a sound video later.

Here's the finished product on the H-Pipe installed.

038-2.jpg

040-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a sound clip for you Vert owners. I stuck the recorder on the back window right by the trunk deck.

th_Apr182009-VID000011.jpg

Grabber, old thread I know.. But as it's new to me I wanted to ask.. the vid here, is set to privet. If you still have it uploaded, can you set it to public for a few days? Would love to listen to it before I decide on how I build the exhaust.

Thanks

Link fixed

th_Apr182009-VID000011.jpg

Grabber, thank your from Kyrgyzstan..... As I wait on a flight home..... I get to listen to what My car WILL sound like.....

Archived