TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My H-Pipe and KR mufflers sound clip

Grabber

I bought my H pipe set about 8 mths ago and they are still up on my shelf ... havent installed it yet. I love the sound with the KR exhaust as is and had planned to sell the H pipe. I think the price has come down alot since I bought it : thought I paid in the $300's but could be wrong.

Re- reading my thread makes me rethink my decsion in selling the H pipe and installing it ... still on the fence on that one .... :happy feet:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my H pipe set about 8 mths ago and they are still up on my shelf ... havent installed it yet. I love the sound with the KR exhaust as is and had planned to sell the H pipe. I think the price has come down alot since I bought it : thought I paid in the $300's but could be wrong.

Re- reading my thread makes me rethink my decsion in selling the H pipe and installing it ... still on the fence on that one .... :happy feet:

Do not sell it! You need to get off the fence and put it on the car! I cannot think of one reason not to. It has a deeper meaner sound and that annoying crackle when you let off the gas on deceleration is almost gone. The only problem I have is I look around because I do not recognize the sound and want to find out where that awesome sounding car is :hysterical:

The H pipe is a MUST in my opinion for a better sound. I assure you, you wont be unhappy. On a side note if you do not want it and would like a refund I'm more than happy to oblige!?!

+1

If your running the KR's, add the H pipe.

• 3 months later...

DANG..... you all talked me into it ... hadnt planned on putting the H pipe in ... but i will now ... bad forum bad forum :hysterical:

Grabber pardon my ignorance, but what is the big difference in sound from the H pipe to the X pipe with the rest of the exhaust system the same? I havent heard anyone who had both that only change the X or H pipe. If you could please enlighten me it would be a big help for future mods. Thanks Greg.

Grabber pardon my ignorance, but what is the big difference in sound from the H pipe to the X pipe with the rest of the exhaust system the same? I havent heard anyone who had both that only change the X or H pipe. If you could please enlighten me it would be a big help for future mods. Thanks Greg.

See post 2 in this thread.

Firekiller, If I may:

Mustang enthusiasts had the choice of various aftermarket H- and X-pipes to achieve a different sound from stock, but for the first time, the Shelby GT500 owner can transform the sound his 2007-10 GT500 into the deep, guttural snarl of the 2008-09 GT500KR.“Customers want to express their individuality in many ways on their Shelbys in terms of external appearance and horsepower, but one thing is true – they crave the commanding sound which the 2008-09 Shelby

GT500 KR provides. By pairing the Ford Racing M5230-S mufflers with the Team FEAR TRU-SoundTM H-pipe, the essence of the KR sound is captured and ready to be unleashed at the touch of the throttle!”

I hope this helps a bit and if you need more info just drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

First of all, I want thank you for your excellent research on the clutch problems and the TSB that Ford issued to correct them. I purchased my 09 GT500 in January 2009. Thanks to you I made sure that I purchased a car that was built after Sept 2008.

I have read your H-pipe thread and am now considering the H-pipe/KR mufflers combo. Do you have any interior sound clips?

Mark

Rob,

First of all, I want thank you for your excellent research on the clutch problems and the TSB that Ford issued to correct them. I purchased my 09 GT500 in January 2009. Thanks to you I made sure that I purchased a car that was built after Sept 2008.

I have read your H-pipe thread and am now considering the H-pipe/KR mufflers combo. Do you have any interior sound clips?

Mark

I'm glad you found a car that you like.

No I don't have any interior sound clips, but if you are worried about exhaust drone, there is none at all and the exhaust is not overwhelming in the cabin at all.

• 1 month later...

Just ordered my H- pipe from PHRP last night. I can't wait to get it on. I think my KR's sound great now with my stock X so i'm really excited to hear the deeper sound of the h when paired....I just hope the install goes well and there is no fitment issues like that one dude was having..

I got mine for 225 with clamps so was also wondering :headscratch: why the price is so much cheaper now, not that i'm complaning :happy feet:, but you would think with a hot product like this the price would be increasing not decreasing........

Just ordered my H- pipe from PHRP last night. I can't wait to get it on. I think my KR's sound great now with my stock X so i'm really excited to hear the deeper sound of the h when paired....I just hope the install goes well and there is no fitment issues like that one dude was having..

Hey Cobra, It was great talking to you on the phone! You wont have any problems with fittment like the other guy I'm sure and you'll love the sound!

I got mine for 225 with clamps so was also wondering :headscratch: why the price is so much cheaper now, not that i'm complaning happy%20feet.gif, but you would think with a hot product like this the price would be increasing not decreasing........

The $225 was a special deal and now has been set back to normal price of $350.00. Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to change that for sometime but just kept forgetting.

Enjoy it and I hope your install is effortless and satisfying.

Wes

The $225 was a special deal and now has been set back to normal price of $350.00. Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to change that for sometime but just kept forgetting.

Enjoy it and I hope your install is effortless and satisfying.

Wes

Hey Wes your real cool dude man....thanks for the excellent customer service, it was great bull shitten wit ya on the phone...

Oh and i'm sure install will be a breeze,Thanks again and look forward to future business with you and your company.

Hey Wes your real cool dude man....thanks for the excellent customer service, it was great bull shitten wit ya on the phone...

Oh and i'm sure install will be a breeze,Thanks again and look forward to future business with you and your company.

Eric you too! Say hi to your son for me. No problem I try to give everyone great service and bullshitin always fun! Hope to do more business with you again too, and if you need something dont hesitate to call, PM, or email. Thanks again for your business!!!!!!!

Archived