TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADM is back

mrdci

Well I stopped by the local dealer on the way home to check out the new Fusion Hybrid. They had a 2K ADM on it. They had hardly anycars on the lot that were new and they decided to add price to a car. Dealers are such tools. The sales guy was even laughing with me on that markup. I can't wait to see what the dealers try to do to the new Shelby.

Well I stopped by the local dealer on the way home to check out the new Fusion Hybrid. They had a 2K ADM on it. They had hardly anycars on the lot that were new and they decided to add price to a car. Dealers are such tools. The sales guy was even laughing with me on that markup. I can't wait to see what the dealers try to do to the new Shelby.

This is one of the many reasons many of the dealerships need to fail. Blind arrogance with no consideration of long term customer relationships. All that dealer cares about is that they "might" have a car that is in limited supply, so they might have an opportnity to get somebody for a couple grand more.... If they gave a crap about the long term they would have contacted their existing customer base and let them know that they had a new Fusion hybrid inbound and sold it to a good repeat customer at MSRP and build a customer forever. How many potential future customers cross paths with that arrogance and say "screw them" never to even consider returning?

My dealership here is still wanting 5k adm for a 4 2007 shelby gt 500 and 24k for 2 2008 Shelby gt500 krs. I bought the Saleen from them because they had it on the lot for a year and a half and they sold it to me for 34K. Now they are calling me to buy the 2007 Shelby. I will not buy from an ignorant or arrogant dealership.

....I can't wait to see what the dealers try to do to the new Shelby.

I'm paying MSRP for mine. From looking at this and other forums, it seems that no one has paid over MSRP, and some have paid between invoice and MSRP. A rumor had surfaced that Ford was only going to produce 1,500 2010s this year, perhaps an attempt by delaers to create false scarcity and jack up prices. I think that rumor has been debunked, though. The word is that Ford intends to produce at least 7,000 this year.

I am at a total loss as to why ADM is such a big deal for so many people. If ya don't want to pay the ADM - don't buy the car. Nobody is sticking a gun to your head forcing you to purchase with the ADM.

I agree with that. But to put ADM on a Fusion Hybrid is stupid. The reason you buy one is to save money. Either via gas millage or the tax write off. Either of which is killed by paying ADM. I also noticed they have like 1000 cash back or similar from Ford. I'd like to know how they would apply that to the ADM. I wouldn't pay ADM and I waited almost 2 years to buy my Shelby for that reason alone.

When you think you've heard it all something like this comes a long.

ADM on a GT500 at this point in time is flatly laughable. The retailers that price these cars in this way are pure cavemen. Do they not understand that there are '07s, '08s, and '09s rotting on the vine with invoice and rebates. These morons had a very large window of opportunity to move these vehicles with buyer friendly prices that would have yielded the retailer a profit margin that they have not enjoyed in decades. That would have made too much sense. Now they can't get invoice for them. How unbelievably stupid is that scenario?

I sympathise with the innovative folks at SAI and Ford Corporate being forced to market their fine products through an archaic dealer network where so many have this short sighted, sales defeating, mindless, mentality.

When you think you've heard it all something like this comes a long.

ADM on a GT500 at this point in time is flatly laughable. The retailers that price these cars in this way are pure cavemen. Do they not understand that there are '07s, '08s, and '09s rotting on the vine with invoice and rebates. These morons had a very large window of opportunity to move these vehicles with buyer friendly prices that would have yielded the retailer a profit margin that they have not enjoyed in decades. That would have made too much sense. Now they can't get invoice for them. How unbelievably stupid is that scenario?

I sympathise with the innovative folks at SAI and Ford Corporate being forced to market their fine products through an archaic dealer network where so many have this short sighted, sales defeating, mindless, mentality.

I think a lot of it on the dealer side just comes from a lack of education on the product or a willingness to accept and identify it as a need. Nothing is worse than listening to someone who thinks they know everything and trys to speak to it all. For example I just got off the phone with a saleman at a local Ford dealer who was trying to explain that he wouldn't necessarily charge me a significant ADM, and maybe even sell at invoice. BUT that Ford hadn't started even building the GT500 yet and that they were still gathering all the necessary parts to build the car.

I couldn't help myself and started laughing. I said did you miss the Barrett Jackson auction, or each and every auto magazine for the past month?

As with everything in life you have to be able to admit when you don't have the necessary information and then say "I'll get back to you on that or get you in touch with the person who does know." I don't expect someone at a dealership to know everything about every car. But I do expect them to be able to acknowledge when they don't know something and not just feed bull to fill the void.

In terms of ADM, it's ironic. The very thing that has left many dealers with a surplus of GT500s in the last body style will do the same thing to the hybrids and the new generation mustang if they repeat their mistakes.

Glad I work for a dealer that prices competitively. We sold out of 2007, 2008, and 2009 GT500's very early with pricing that was more than fair. We're offering 2010 GT500's for MSRP initially. Perhaps a year from now they'll have dropped well below MSRP, but at least there's no ADM at my employer. Same is true of Hybrids. We've never had ADM's on any Hybrids all the way back to day one in late 2004 when the 2005 Escape Hybrids came out. We've sold plenty of Hybrids below MSRP. Even the new 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids have no ADM's where I work, so they've pre-sold well out into the future.

It is good to hear that the new hybrid Ford vehicles are being well received and in demand. Hope this continues.

Except with a 2K mark-up, you wonder how many more they could sell if they could meet demand. With the mark-up situation, I have to assume supply isn't keeping with demand, and people are probably walking out and buying Camry hybrids...

I am at a total loss as to why ADM is such a big deal for so many people. If ya don't want to pay the ADM - don't buy the car. Nobody is sticking a gun to your head forcing you to purchase with the ADM.

I agree, and I think alot of potential buyers agree. What Ford needs is people to buy their cars, not walking away because of ADM's that cause some people to walk away and buy Camrys.

The funny part is you can buy an '08 Fusion, brand new, at local lots here, for $16K. I think that represents about $7K off sticker. A $2K over MSRP Hybrid must be about $30K. That is a massive premium for the fuel mileage gain...

The dealer here in Upstate NY where I bought my GT500 (MSRP in 06) had One Fusion hybrid allocated. As I understand it Ford told them to go ahead and see how many they could sell in the month of March. They took orders at @ a couple $100. over invoice until ford told them to stop( (Model year on the Hybrid sold out). In a couple weeks they sold 15 more!. I don't think there's any ? that this dealer is successful over the long run. Due to sticking with the GT500 deal with me they have a customer for life along with all the people who may be influenced by our family. Five 0 Brian's outfit is another example of "Smart" dealer thinking. :salute:

A rumor had surfaced that Ford was only going to produce 1,500 2010s this year, perhaps an attempt by delaers to create false scarcity and jack up prices.

No No No!!!!!!!!!! Dealers never do that????????????? :hysterical:

IMHO: I think the smart dealers realize it's better in the long run to make a great deal on a car (I got a great deal on my 10 GT500) make a bit of profit, net the hold back and not take the chance the car will sit on the lot, and as another poster stated, "get a potential customer for life". The simple fact is in this market there are not many people looking to drop 40 plus large on autos at this time. It's good to be a buyer now :dance: I've also found in my search the "volume based dealer" is is willing to deal much more than the smaller dealership, I'm not sure why, maybe someone who works for a dealer (Five O B?) could shed a little light on that for me.

Archived