TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interest Rate and Payment

F150 Duke

Hey Guys,

Looks like a lot of you are getting your 2010 orders in. What are you guys seeing with interest rates and payments? (assuming you're all not loaded down with cash and thus paying cash)

Too bad Ford Finance isn't offering the 0% for 60 mths on the GT500. Best interest rate I can find so far, (haven't looked into Ford's financing), is 4.875% through US Federal Credit Union in Minnesota. With a down payment of $3,000, tax, tag and title, negotiating $1,500 below invoice, and a fully loaded coupe, I'm estimating a payment around $875.

I'm curious to see what you guys have been encountering.

Duke

Hey Guys,

Looks like a lot of you are getting your 2010 orders in. What are you guys seeing with interest rates and payments? (assuming you're all not loaded down with cash and thus paying cash)

Too bad Ford Finance isn't offering the 0% for 60 mths on the GT500. Best interest rate I can find so far, (haven't looked into Ford's financing), is 4.875% through US Federal Credit Union in Minnesota. With a down payment of $3,000, tax, tag and title, negotiating $1,500 below invoice, and a fully loaded coupe, I'm estimating a payment around $875.

Duke

Honestly that would sound about right. That would be financing what... around 50k? I guess... how much are you financing? :headscratch:

Yeah that's roughly the number I'd be dealing with if I pull the trigger on this. Though I'm first waiting to see the car in person when one arrives at my dealer in early May.

Just curious what others were seeing with rates. I would have expected to see them lower with the cuts to prime.

Yeah that's roughly the number I'd be dealing with if I pull the trigger on this. Though I'm first waiting to see the car in person when one arrives at my dealer in early May.

Just curious what others were seeing with rates. I would have expected to see them lower with the cuts to prime.

Lots go into that process. Don't be like me, though, I made a stupid mistake. I locked down the sales guy to 50K even, and after their "process" they told me the monthly would be a little more because of... whatever... Anyways, went though with it, and after the loan was issued, it was for 2k more than we had agreed on. So, they got me. Too late now, but keep that in mind if there's any change in the monthly payment. Get the amount to be financed in writing before you sign the papers.

You would think that the interest would be better but I think that they are still kind of hesitant on lending, know?

Hey Guys,

Duke

$875 for how many years?

60 mths / 5 years

That's not terrible I guess... Probably be worthwhile to pocket that $900 a month for a few months and toss more as a down payment. Only $3k down on a $50k vehicle isn't much.

I made that mistake when I bought my F150 FX4. Barely anything down on a $40k vehicle wasn't my finest financial moment. I chalk it up to being young and after getting my first couple paychecks out of college, well they burned a hole in my pocket. All that said, I'm paying the truck off in a couple months (2 years early) and am anxiously looking at pulling the trigger on one of these next year after saving a year of payments of course, assuming I can take my own advice and force myself to save what would've been my payments for the next year!

I read somewhere the loan rates with slowly decrease until estimated lowest rates in July/August.

Archived