TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby GT Book

Reino

With all due respect Sharon, my card was charged and nothing was shipped.

If you were in Birmingham, that should have affected my card being charged as well, not just the shipping of the items.

My card was charged almost 4 weeks ago, Birmingham was a 4 day event.

I realize that and as I stated in the other thread that you mentioned this it was an oversite that the cards where charged it will not happen again. I am sorry about that, and if you are unhappy we can refund or cancel your order.

I was mistaken we where on our way to Burmingham on the 10th, but nothing was shipped out before the 28th.

Sharon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who doubt that CS actually had something to do with making the Shelby GT... Here is a scan directly from the book... Lost the Stetson, but gained the mustache... Hmmmmmmm?

post-8727-1241035986_thumb.jpg

And shown right at the beginning of the "Employee" Mug Shots :hysterical:

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-1241035986_thumb.jpg

I realize that and as I stated in the other thread that you mentioned this it was an oversite that the cards where charged it will not happen again. I am sorry about that, and if you are unhappy we can refund or cancel your order.

I was mistaken we where on our way to Burmingham on the 10th, but nothing was shipped out before the 28th.

Sharon

I answered in the other thread too, we are good.

For those of you who doubt that CS actually had something to do with making the Shelby GT... Here is a scan directly from the book... Lost the Stetson, but gained the mustache... Hmmmmmmm?

CS.jpg

And shown right at the beginning of the "Employee" Mug Shots :hysterical:

Gregg

07SGT0547

I can not wait to see the next book with Robert and and my Mug shots LOL

Maybe Ill just wait a few months and see if these books fall apart too. This isnt something I see just putting on the shelf. Seems like it will be a coffee table book and get lots of looks.....

Thanks for the info guys.

Maybe Ill just wait a few months and see if these books fall apart too. This isnt something I see just putting on the shelf. Seems like it will be a coffee table book and get lots of looks.....

Thanks for the info guys.

I have two on my table I flipped through them pretty hard them seems to be holding together pretty well.

the only thing I can think is that the birthday bash book was at the max size it could be, maybe that had something to do with it. But these two are smaller books then the birthday book.

I recieved my SGT book today. While there is some good information, for a soft cover book of this size/scope, $60 is pretty steep. I think half that price would have been more reasonable. My .02.

I haven't received mine yet but I am sure I will soon. You should have used the 20% off two week coupon code, I got mine for $48.00 and if these are only available through teamshelby it means the book coould be a collector item. If you could get the book at Barnes and Noble then yes i would agree $60 would be a bit high for a mass produced paperback but since its not mass produced and is only available at the Team Shelby store its worth $60.00

Sharon,

My complete Shelby Store order cane today with an extra surprise – My membership Renewal!!! That was fantastic to only took 16 days to get. Order was even two days ahead of the UPS target of May 1, 2009.

I like the book but was little disappointed in first 5 to 6 pages with print having the print partially trimmed off along left and upper edges of the Left Hand pages. Pages look complete indicating that pages did not slip if book was trimmed after binding. I think it was a poor setup or something slipped during print process.

I don’t see a reason to return it.

Thanks for the Renewal materials. I am looking forward to using the Shelby cash in the Gift shop next week. Even better would be if Newsletter gets here before I leave Sunday and the 10% Gift Shop discount gets renewed. March letter states expiration of 5/1/09 and I don’t get to Vegas till 5/3.

DrKSGT

Tom

Sharon,

I like the book but was little disappointed in first 5 to 6 pages with print having the print partially trimmed off along left and upper edges of the Left Hand pages. Pages look complete indicating that pages did not slip if book was trimmed after binding. I think it was a poor setup or something slipped during print process.

+2

I have never seen print truncated like the pages in this book. :headscratch: And it's not just the print. Why are pictures of cars missing bumpers? They are also sometimes truncated. It's almost like the publisher decided to save some $ by using smaller paper stock than originally planned. There is one BJ SGT picture that should just not have been included...looks like a camera phone pic blown up. A picture of a GT500 bumper to show the brake ducts. :doh: And why do I find myself flipping the book all different directions to view the pages.

Last item...I wish they would have included some SGT with SAI approved mods. At least a SGT S/C. I'm sure a few owners would of submitting their pictures.

Oh well...it's not perfect nor cheap...even with 20% discount. Do understand this book is a picture book....not much text after the first few "emails". Not a lot of history. But even with all it's faults, it's a must have for every SGT owner. Call me crazy but I love my SGT.

I recieved my SGT book today. While there is some good information, for a soft cover book of this size/scope, $60 is pretty steep. I think half that price would have been more reasonable. My .02.

After reading yours and the other comments here, I think I'll pass on this version. I think also, for that price, it should be hard bound.

Thanks Sharon amd Robert. I received my order last night just in time for my birthday today. Say what you will about the book, but I love it. :happy feet: It pesonalizes the building of our cars. I happened to see the lot full of the 08s before they were tranformed. The book just brings it all together for me. It goes hand in hand with the article in the annual I receved when I joined the Team. It is on my desk here at work today to show it off. They all think I'm Shelby crazy :kuko: so it is fitting.

I also bought the aerial view poster of the O7s and SAI. I didn't realize it was poster size. Can't see the fine print much any more on the site :hysterical: The size makes it even better. :drool: I'm framing it this weekend for my home office. I'm trying to find my black SGT in the shot.

Now for the SGT clothing :lurk:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I also didn't see any reference to John Walker, who was a key SAI player during the SGT builds. There were many of us that talked to John on a daily basis while our cars were waiting for and in the mod shop. I'm disappointed he didn't get listed as part of the Admin team...at least from a historical perspective if nothing else.

Our cost on these is very high, they are somthing that is done in very small runs and made by Amy for the company.

Sharon,

My complete Shelby Store order cane today with an extra surprise – My membership Renewal!!! That was fantastic to only took 16 days to get. Order was even two days ahead of the UPS target of May 1, 2009.

I don’t see a reason to return it.

Thanks for the Renewal materials. I am looking forward to using the Shelby cash in the Gift shop next week. Even better would be if Newsletter gets here before I leave Sunday and the 10% Gift Shop discount gets renewed. March letter states expiration of 5/1/09 and I don’t get to Vegas till 5/3.

DrKSGT

Tom

If you bring your TS Club card Team Shelby Members always get 10% off in the gift shop, however the 10 dollar gift card is not good at the gift shop. Only for the onb-line store or any show that Team Shelby does.

Sharon

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I also didn't see any reference to John Walker, who was a key SAI player during the SGT builds. There were many of us that talked to John on a daily basis while our cars were waiting for and in the mod shop. I'm disappointed he didn't get listed as part of the Admin team...at least from a historical perspective if nothing else.

You are correct Dave, admittedly, I had my run-ins with John, but no one can deny that he was indeed the point man for the SGT throughout all of 2007.

Did right by me when it was all said and done.

Our cost on these is very high, they are somthing that is done in very small runs and made by Amy for the company.

Sharon,

I don't know what your run number was, it might have been nice to have each book numbered. There are alot of pictures of staff who built the cars, which is nice recognition for them, but really mean very little to most of us. I appreciate the effort but I was expecting a little more. Dave

Sharon,

I don't know what your run number was, it might have been nice to have each book numbered. There are alot of pictures of staff who built the cars, which is nice recognition for them, but really mean very little to most of us. I appreciate the effort but I was expecting a little more. Dave

It is no problem, this book might not be for everyone. I have talked to some many people that want to see the faces of the people that worked so hard to bring these cars to life that they want to meet them and see them. So this was a combination of not only the cars but the people behind the cars, so that down the line 20-50 years from now it will be history.

Sharon

Sharon,

Without the staff we wouldn't have a Shelby GT. To me the staff who created our beasts are just as important as the cars. When someone puts there blood, sweat and tears into something so important to us; it is nice for the world to know who they are.

I still haven't recieved mine yet maybe thats becuase I ordered the luggage and a bunch more things I will just wait patiently.

The fact that these are run in low numbers and are only available through Team Shelby I think they are a must have for all SGT owners

Without the staff we wouldn't have a Shelby GT. To me the staff who created our beasts are just as important as the cars. When someone puts there blood, sweat and tears into something so important to us; it is nice for the world to know who they are.

I still haven't recieved mine yet maybe thats becuase I ordered the luggage and a bunch more things I will just wait patiently.

The fact that these are run in low numbers and are only available through Team Shelby I think they are a must have for all SGT owners

I'm not disrespecting the staff or saying that they aren't important, it's just that a large section of a small book is pictures of them. If you look at from a historical standpoint some frame of reference would have been nice. For example: "Bill M. he worked on scoops and suspension" Or Jim - he worked on CSM #500 to #1000. Then I could say, "look that's Jim he worked on my car". When you get your book then tell me what you think.

I'm not disrespecting the staff or saying that they aren't important, it's just that a large section of a small book is pictures of them. If you look at from a historical standpoint some frame of reference would have been nice. For example: "Bill M. he worked on scoops and suspension" Or Jim - he worked on CSM #500 to #1000. Then I could say, "look that's Jim he worked on my car". When you get your book then tell me what you think.

I agree with both of you. I'm happy with my book. Names under the employee photos would have been a nice touch. I would like to see who worked on my car, too. At the same time, I figure my book is another specialized item to keep in my collection of SGT exclusive things. It is nothing like the other Shelb- themed and Mustang books I own.

I understand the costs of limited runs. Consider the MSRP of our SGTs, and then look at the book again. A lot of issuses had to be resolved to produce such a great car. The book shows us what and who was behind the curtain in Oz.

Archived