TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Way to Go Texas!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was 11 weeks and 6 days more than we needed to see what he and the democrats will do to this once proud country.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. [i]But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. [/i]-- Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Jeff, as an amateur historian, I am sure you are familiar with the words above.

Fastbackman said, "Hey when Texas becomes their own country, Texas, Texas Tech, A&M, and Baylor will all go away from the Big 12 and we can go back to having the Big 8. Go Texas. Leave America! "

Fastbackman, why doesn't texas fall into the ocean? Because Oklahoma sucks! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Just kidding, love my sooner brothers, kinda.

Jeff said, "Wow...12 weeks into a Democratic controlled country you're ready to leave the United States of America." and "So the "rest of us" aren't self sufficient, have no common sense, aren't patriotic, and aren't hard working people?"

Paranoind much Jeff???

Who said (and where) that the "rest of you" are not any of those things? Not me. I just listed who was welcome here. If you choose to put yourself into a different catagory, thats not my fault.

Nowhere in any post I read did anybody mention leaving the United States of America except Snake Doctor (who is from Tennessee BTW) asked if we secede if he can join us. Nobody from Texas has posted that here in this thread. YOU brought that here. Also, nobody here said anything about the current administration or the election or McCain or Palin. YOU brought that here. If you read the article from the link in the first post all that Perry wants is a return to a gov't that follows the constitution a little more closely and doesn't blackmail states into inforcing laws in order to get federal $$$. He doesn't say Republican or Democrat. He doesnt mention political parties at all.He said, "I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

He talks about a STRONGER union, not about leaving it.

Just an FYI - You might want to read this speech from Davy Crockett: http://members.cox.net/polincorr1/pol1.htm

Our Government is TOO BIG. That means democrat AND republican.

Rant over, hulk tired now. :soapbox:

Just like democrats think their better than republicans and vice versa. Left coast is better than the right, blue is faster than red, tall is better than short, etc, etc, etc.

The United States of America has become a nation of thin skined, easily offended, politically correct sissys! Not every one gets a prize. Not every one is a "winner". I need someone to pick up my trash and bring my tacos to my table. We can't all be doctors and pilots. Some of us ARE better than the rest. If your not in the first category, you might just be in the second.

This is getting to be more fun than I thought!

Have you ever been to Texas? Clean Highways, proud of thier state, not afraid to stand up for what is right. Great food, great people.

I lived there for a while, and I have never seen anyone or other state that was so proud to be an American or a Texan, than the people from the state of Texas.

I wish Arizona would follow suit, to many flocking in from California and Mexico is making it tougher here, some just don't care.

Just my expierience, maybe yours was different.

So, Yes I beleive Texans think they and thier state is great. Thats why I married one! :dance:

Shelby's Rock

Just like democrats think their better than republicans and vice versa. Left coast is better than the right, blue is faster than red, tall is better than short, etc, etc, etc.

The United States of America has become a nation of thin skined, easily offended, politically correct sissys! Not every one gets a prize. Not every one is a "winner". I need someone to pick up my trash and bring my tacos to my table. We can't all be doctors and pilots. Some of us ARE better than the rest. If your not in the first category, you might just be in the second.

This is getting to be more fun than I thought!

I think you just proved my point???????????? :hysterical:

Right On!!!!

Got your Back DDT!

Friday, on the Web? Huh probably should cruise the SGT while it's still legal!

A native Texan myself and former resident of Austin - Austin is probably the most liberal part of the state. I love the capital but you might find the politics and culture of Austin far different than the rural parts and smaller towns in Texas. On the other hand, Austin has a great music scene.

We are special. We entered the United States as a sovereign nation - an "equal" to the United States. That is why we are allowed to fly our state flag at the same height as the US flag in parades and other public displays. Our state waters extend further from the coast than the other states because they were our territorial water before we entered the Union. We have the right to divide into five states at our legislature's discretion (Hmmm 10 senators would change the balance of power quite nicely).

There was no land that was federal land when we joined the Union. In exchange for the United States assuming our debt and other issues, we ceded 1/2 of New Mexico and Colorado and parts of Oklahoma to the United Sates.

Oh, for your information fastbackman, we miss New Mexico and Colorado............

Finally, Texas is the windiest state (fact). Why? Oklahoma $ucks :hysterical:

08SGT,

You obviously haven't been out here to Hell Paso ( the @$$hole of Texas), this is definitely the most liberal part of the state.

I traded up from an Illinois residency to a Texas citizenship recently and am glad my new state has a Governor has a set of brass ones. :salute:

08SGT,

You obviously haven't been out here to Hell Paso ( the @$$hole of Texas), this is definitely the most liberal part of the state.

I traded up from an Illinois residency to a Texas citizenship recently and am glad my new state has a Governor has a set of brass ones. :salute:

I can believe it. I subscribe to Texas Monthly and they recently had an article about the corruption in El Paso. The Feds have been investigating and uncovered mass corruption in the local government of El Paso. It was an eye opening article. I can't say anything though as I live (and plan to stay) in Maryland which is a blue state and will relinquish my Texas resident status upon retirement from the Army. Honestly I don't find much in common with politicians of either party, they are all millionaires and I am not. :salute:

Nice looking 500!

I can believe it. I subscribe to Texas Monthly and they recently had an article about the corruption in El Paso. The Feds have been investigating and uncovered mass corruption in the local government of El Paso. It was an eye opening article. I can't say anything though as I live (and plan to stay) in Maryland which is a blue state and will relinquish my Texas resident status upon retirement from the Army. Honestly I don't find much in common with politicians of either party, they are all millionaires and I am not. :salute:

Nice looking 500!

We have our share of corruption here as well as everywhere else. Don't get me started on Dallas. That whole city could disappear and very few Texans would barely blink an eye.

Your car has a curfew??????????????? :hysterical:

No, but the old dog that drives it does. :baby: Cna't seem to keep my eyes open after ten.

That was 11 weeks and 6 days more than we needed to see what he and the democrats will do to this once proud country.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. [i]But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. [/i]-- Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Amazing how some might say this was relevant 200 + years ago and not today. Jeff, are you listeining?

Archived