TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driveline noises .... HELP!

mr4teth

OK enough is enough and I can't continue to ignore the pink elephant!

Can anyone tell me what is clanking in my driveline? The only way I can get the noise to stop is shifting extremely slow, under 2000rmp's and skip 2nd. Is it my stock drive shaft slapping from too much torque, is it my stock UCA or was my 3.73 not installed correctly? ....or :shrug::sos:

OK enough is enough and I can't continue to ignore the pink elephant!

Can anyone tell me what is clanking in my driveline? The only way I can get the noise to stop is shifting extremely slow, under 2000rmp's and skip 2nd. Is it my stock drive shaft slapping from too much torque, is it my stock UCA or was my 3.73 not installed correctly? ....or :shrug::sos:

you would have to do a thorough check of the underside and see if any thing is loose or moving, exhaust loose ? control arm bolts loose ? bushing worn out ? if all that checks out , it certainly could be excessive driveline backlash. maybe from Diff ? could have been set up with too much gear back lash. This will cause a slapping noise through the drive shaft, especially driving slowly and coming on the throttle slowly, (causes a "hunting" clunkity clank.) Kinda hard to explain. have a tech check gear backlash

best of luck

Al

Unfortunately the more we modifiy our cars the more we set in motion an equal and opostite modification. The less compliant the rear parts, which are better for wheel hop and control, the more they push back with drivetrain noise. Some more than others. I see that there is one thing missing from your impressive lineup=one piece DS. I doubt it is your gears, because they whine more than clank if not good.

Unfortunately the more we modifiy our cars the more we set in motion an equal and opostite modification. The less compliant the rear parts, which are better for wheel hop and control, the more they push back with drivetrain noise. Some more than others. I see that there is one thing missing from your impressive lineup=one piece DS. I doubt it is your gears, because they whine more than clank if not good.

LOL ... I'm going to order it as soon as I decide which one I want, DSS or Dynotech?! :headscratch:

My car stock was quiet as can be, now modded, it is noisy and all the other things you mentioned.

Ehhhh

I wonder when I will wise up and just leave a car stock but I just can't help but get better handling and more power.

Its a trade off.

IMO if you want best of both worlds you got to pay more.

This is why I would have bought a KR if I had the money

Archived