TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Almost showtime!

crispy23c

I'm 60% sure the 'vert would by my choice. Living in MN, there aren't as many opportunities as say So Cal, but the days I do have it out I would really enjoy the "wind through my hair" sensation. Not that I'll be driving the car (either coupe or 'vert) in the winter anyway! Who knows when we might move from the North to a more hospitable climate down south... that's when the 'vert would really shine!

Colors - I'm still thinking that the Valencia would be cool, but I'll have to see it before deciding. Otherwise the blue (with either stripe) or white (blue stripe) will be more than acceptable.

I'm planning on a vert, tungsten and silver too, crispy! it's been my first choice since they announced colors. I might veer slightly to alloy and silver for a little more contrast.

I have a question, though ... does anyone else think the stripes should be lined up with the hood ducts?

I'm planning on a vert, tungsten and silver too, crispy! it's been my first choice since they announced colors. I might veer slightly to alloy and silver for a little more contrast.

I have a question, though ... does anyone else think the stripes should be lined up with the hood ducts?

I definately think Alloy with Satin Silver stripes would be way hotter, and...............

no, if the stripes lined up with the hood vents they would be too far apart and look stupid (in my opinion).

KingCobra.

Went to our local regional auto show tonight and got to sit in a red vert. Looks good I'm not sure the strripes will look good on this car. will post pics when i get a chance to download :D :D :D

I am soooooooooooooo dying to see this car up close. I have to wait until April. Oh well. I curious as to why you think the stripes are a no-no on a vert??

I definately think Alloy with Satin Silver stripes would be way hotter, and...............

no, if the stripes lined up with the hood vents they would be too far apart and look stupid (in my opinion).

KingCobra.

Have you seen Alloy?

I've seen Tuuuuuuuuungsten up close, nice subtle bluish-purple undertone in indirect light, gives tha paint some depth. From what I've seen/heard about Alloy, it's more of a 'direct' color....

As fot the stripes, I was thinking of painted ghost stripes with elements of the Tungsten in it...real subtle, not obvious from all angles. B)

Have you seen Alloy?

I've seen Tuuuuuuuuungsten up close, nice subtle bluish-purple undertone in indirect light, gives tha paint some depth. From what I've seen/heard about Alloy, it's more of a 'direct' color....

As fot the stripes, I was thinking of painted ghost stripes with elements of the Tungsten in it...real subtle, not obvious from all angles. B)

By desciption, from SVT I believe Alloy will be a dark pewter grey, probably something like the outside border of the posting board.

KingCobra.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived