TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

BanditSRT8

BanditSRT8, the quarter windows are the same, not smaller. The whole roofline is unchanged. Second, you can go to any ford dealer and order the 2010 shelby GT500 shift knob and retrofit it in your car. On another thread or other website for mustangs, I saw guy did this, with pictures, possibly SVTperformance, but not sure.

While we're talking parts, is it possible to order the passenger's side dash piece from the GT500 2010? I'd like to get that signed by Carroll ASAP before reciept or placing an order on the car.

I thought it wasn't possible to order SVT or Shelby parts unless you owned a car?

Im new to the forum but i need to say,whats with all the negativty on the 2010 Gt500. Theres never been a perfect car,they all need some tweaking.Im just happy that Ford puts out an almost perfect product,and have confidence they will improve.I saw the same thing (negativity) on the Pontiac GTO that was almost revived--it was a great car for the money,but everyone jumped on the looks, the exhaust, interior noise,and ultimately killed the product--folks woud read/hear the negatives and wouldnt buy--hope that doesnt happen to the Shelby,since this is my first one.

HERE HERE!!

Most of us buy stuff to be different something to stand out in the crowd, 05-09 Daddy what model is this? 2010 that's a 2010. Like

look at the positive mechanical changes , that is why I am trading my 09 and anxiously awaiting my Beautiful Grabber Blue 2010. If you are old enough to have been around during the grabber years you would appreciate the colors more.

FC

Come on boys, don't be haters...

I have a 2010 on order, and i got a VIN today, so I'm excited... And you know what was the deal maker for me? The interior... The new car is beautiful, and I'm not saying I "hate" the old, I just like what they did with the new interior. AND, I'm sure someone will come out with an aftermarket rear end job for the 2010. Just like lots of Shelby owners change their hoods, ya know?

We're all in this together - "GT500" all the way. We'll have enough NEW Camaro owners hating on us soon enough, when they realize they're 140 HP short... :doh:

So I was cruising by one of my local Ford dealers and caught sight of the new Grabber Blue, and realized they had a new '10 GT on their lot. So I drove in to look at it in person.

I had been attracted to the overall design from images I had seen, but was kind of up in the air about the rear end. Here are my impressions of the car after seeing it in person:

Grabber Blue is a wierd color. Makes the car look like clay or plastic. Not a fan.

The GT looks cheap. I'm sure the Shelby will look nicer with the more aggressive styling, but the standard GT has way too much black plastic on the front end (like around the lights) and looks really awful.

Aside from the cheap black plastic, I liked the front end. The throwback to the 70's Mustangs is really cool I think.

LOVED the interior. Really was a nice, slick upgrade from our current cars. I like the new options added like the heated seats... since we're not trying to buy a stripped down dragstrip car... it's nice to finally get comfort options!

The quarter windows are oddly smaller than our current ones. Looks out of place compared to the car.

The rear end is absolutely horrible. Really. Not only the odd shape, but even the tail lenses... they bubble out instead of fitting flush to the car. There is no good angle to view it from in person... it is just awful.

Also, the car looks a lot larger now. The new overhang on the front end along with the odd way the rear juts out... the car looks a lot bigger than our current models.

I wanted to like it, but I just can't. I will reserve full judgement until I see the Shelby in person though.

blah.....blah....blah...... :P

I love the car. Even the aft end. Much better than the '05-'09s. That's why I'm actually considering buying a '10 GT 500. The interior? Doesn't matter to me, since I am buying the car to 'take it to the drag strip'. If you want to ride in comfort, buy a Lexus. I see way too much complaining about this car. If if you don't like it, go buy a Camaro or Challenger. :finger:

2010 is OKAY I guess. It will never look as good to me, the rear is bad but I can live with it. I don't like the radio/hvac all made together. It ruins the aftermarket stereos. I hope the GT500 doesn't have the GAY sound tube into the cabin. The striped seats look like an after thought but I do like the rest of the interior.

I talked to my dealer today and still looking good for delivery of my 2010 on 4th or 5th. He is hoping to get further info next week, the wait is just about over. This will be my first GT 500 I have an 05 GT now but I think the 2010 will be the hottest GT 500 ever built. :yahoo:

I talked to my dealer today and still looking good for delivery of my 2010 on 4th or 5th. He is hoping to get further info next week, the wait is just about over. This will be my first GT 500 I have an 05 GT now but I think the 2010 will be the hottest GT 500 ever built. :yahoo:

Same here except I have an 06 GT. I like the overall design. I didn't really like the rear when they came out with the new 05 Mustangs but now I like it. I can't wait to get my 2010 GT500. Grabber Blue, only a few more weeks! :drool:

2010 is OKAY I guess. It will never look as good to me, the rear is bad but I can live with it. I don't like the radio/hvac all made together. It ruins the aftermarket stereos. I hope the GT500 doesn't have the GAY sound tube into the cabin. The striped seats look like an after thought but I do like the rest of the interior.

I have issues with the "sound tube". That seems really dorky. If I were the chief engineer on the Stang project and somebody in a meeting said "how about if we put a sound tube into the cabin?", I would have said "you are completely a dork and fired".

I think they could possibly have saved some money by simply adding the sound in over the speakers electronically. That would seem easier to do than the sound tube and no more "wrong".

Archived