TEAM SHELBY FORUM

oil filter wrench

dupuyf

Honestly I got a cheap one with a strap from AutoZone... did the job! :yahoo:

+1 just measure the filter and get the right size. I did have to use a channel lock grip type the first time to get the factory filter off. Man do they put that one on tight.

I haven't changed mine yet but you should be able to use the same kind of wrench that is used on the FL1-A filter if you already have one. I believe the 820-S is the same diameter. I use the same wrench for all my other vehicles.

If you're doing your first oil change, be advised that the Romeo folks crank down the oil filter really tight. I had to use the plier type filter wrench to get the grip needed to remove it. The filter case was crushed in a few spot after I finally got it loosened.

You can get one of these at Harbor Freight Tools for less than $5 on sale.

Filter_Wrench.jpg

Man I thought it was me - they do put that thing on tight!!

I didn't have time yesterday but what you can do is head into AutoZone or something, take one out of the box so you have it when you are looking for the right wrench. Sorry, I didn't do this, as I said was able to get it off with the strap, although it was a little more cumbersome. If you can get those pliers they would be a better bet, imo.

I tried the strap type wrench which I had laying around the garage and it just broke. That factory installed filter is ridculously tight. I don't think they put any oil on the gasket. Anyway, a trip to Autozone and the pliers type wrench got it off.

If you're doing your first oil change, be advised that the Romeo folks crank down the oil filter really tight. I had to use the plier type filter wrench to get the grip needed to remove it. The filter case was crushed in a few spot after I finally got it loosened.

You can get one of these at Harbor Freight Tools for less than $5 on sale.

Filter_Wrench.jpg

Thats exactly what I use. Works great. Also works to take the top off a pickle jar. :happy feet:

Archived