TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has ordered a 2010 GT500?

****BREAKING NEWS****

My local dealer called me and said...

"Because production numbers are going to be lower than expected (around 1500 units) He can no longer sell me my car at 5% over invoice and asked me to pick up my deposit unless I was planning on paying 7% over MSRP"!!! So the car's price has changed by over $7K!

Is that even legal!?!

What a dirt bag! I really doubt that they are only going to make only 1500 units. They need to make enough to pay for the tooling and engineering. Ford wants to make money, not lose. I've work in manufacturing for 20+ years and this sounds hokey to me. Tell the dealer that your laywer will be in contact with him shorly to recover the 40% loss you took draining your 401K to pay for the car and that you'll contact the local news media too. F'n bastered!

Completely not true. Car connection’s review of the 2010 GT500 says that Ford has committed to building 7,000 units and will build more this year if the 7,000 unit allocation sells out. This is not going to be a rare car by any stretch of the imagination. That dealer, among others, are just trying to cause a “scarcity” stir and raise the price of the car.

****BREAKING NEWS****

"Because production numbers are going to be lower than expected (around 1500 units) He can no longer sell me my car at 5% over invoice and asked me to pick up my deposit unless I was planning on paying 7% over MSRP"!!! So the car's price has changed by over $7K!

Is that even legal!?!

POPPYCOCK

Could this be the real story.....

I contacted Ford via email and their response with regards to a production date is as follows:

"We thank you for the opportunity to address your inquiry. According to our

resources the production of the 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 will start on July 31,

2009. Vehicles usually arrive at the dealership 8 to 10 weeks after the

production date."

So the dealers that are saying "May delivery" are probably full of beans. Makes sense too, because I don't see any 2010 GT500's on Ebay. If there were a "May" date, there would be a vin number and with a vin number you know that some bastered opportunist would have it out there trying to "hold it for ransome' for X amount over MSRP.

My dealer originally told me fall, and now this correlates with what Ford is telling me. I am confident that this is the real deal.

Now I hope my dealer stays in business long enough so I can take delivery in another 4-5 months, as so many dealers are closing across the country.

Could this be the real story.....

I contacted Ford via email and their response with regards to a production date is as follows:

"We thank you for the opportunity to address your inquiry. According to our

resources the production of the 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 will start on July 31,

2009. Vehicles usually arrive at the dealership 8 to 10 weeks after the

production date."

So the dealers that are saying "May delivery" are probably full of beans. Makes sense too, because I don't see any 2010 GT500's on Ebay. If there were a "May" date, there would be a vin number and with a vin number you know that some bastered opportunist would have it out there trying to "hold it for ransome' for X amount over MSRP.

My dealer originally told me fall, and now this correlates with what Ford is telling me. I am confident that this is the real deal.

Now I hope my dealer stays in business long enough so I can take delivery in another 4-5 months, as so many dealers are closing across the country.

Wow...so does this mean the Barrett Jackson car needed to go back not for updates but because it was pre-production and not the actual car? Were all the review cars pre-production too then?

I've got to believe these cars will be out and around before October. They'll miss 50% of the purchase populations driving time (summer) to avoid winter weather.

Wow...so does this mean the Barrett Jackson car needed to go back not for updates but because it was pre-production and not the actual car? Were all the review cars pre-production too then?

I've got to believe these cars will be out and around before October. They'll miss 50% of the purchase populations driving time (summer) to avoid winter weather.

My quess is that these were a handfull made for the purpose of getting the hype and ball running.

I highly doubt that this is the case. I think there is just a small delay and we should start seeing them soon. There have been ones already produced and sitting at the factory lots, they are probably just making sure everything is good before resuming production.....at least I hope so. Ive had a VIN for over a month now, I dont think they would give the car a VIN if they didnt plan on starting production till the end of July. Also I have been finding dealerships that are advertising their shelbys for sale and I have taken the VIN's they have and viewed the actual window stickers for these vehicles, so they are being produced.

souds wierd to me--Ive got a VIN number with a projected date from MM,who seems very good, of arrival in May.I mean theyre not building a Saturn V Rocket its just a car--how hard could it be?/

souds wierd to me--Ive got a VIN number with a projected date from MM,who seems very good, of arrival in May.I mean theyre not building a Saturn V Rocket its just a car--how hard could it be?/

I agree, but I'm telling you what Ford is telling me and my dealer. Go on Ford.com and email them yourself. I emailed them Friday and they responded today. That's what I did and the answer I got quoted above. I'm not making this stuff up and wish it could be sooner, as if it comes in fall time I'll basically just be storing it over the winter. My friend ordered an SRT8 Challenger and has a maybe fall date too. We spoke today and thought the same as you "how hard can it be". These guys are hurt'n and have orders to fill. May is a couple weeks from now and I'd be intrested to see if your delivery is made.

****BREAKING NEWS****

Is that even legal!?!

This is my take on this post: "An excuse is usually a poorly planned lie".

We ALL know most every car salesman, no not you MM, lie. I'd say at least 99.9% will lie to get you to spend more money. They do not care if it is a $100 bucks they'll take it. That is why they have the reputation they have, they are liars. Sounds like a dealer is trying like hell to raise the price of GT500's because they will sell below invoice after the sizzle is over, we all know that-

I agree, but I'm telling you what Ford is telling me and my dealer. Go on Ford.com and email them yourself. I emailed them Friday and they responded today. That's what I did and the answer I got quoted above. I'm not making this stuff up and wish it could be sooner, as if it comes in fall time I'll basically just be storing it over the winter. My friend ordered an SRT8 Challenger and has a maybe fall date too. We spoke today and thought the same as you "how hard can it be". These guys are hurt'n and have orders to fill. May is a couple weeks from now and I'd be intrested to see if your delivery is made.

MM just told me he got a June1 build date.having run a manufacturing plant for years,I know only too well the issues in building a new product.But once theyve got a solid bill of materials,ie havent missed anything in engineering the car,they should be ready to roll.Wonder if anyone on the forum lives within a drive of the Ford plant and could drive by and see whats there.

I believe below MSRP but not below invoice.

With the dollar bill the way it is I would not be at all surprised if and when they sell below invoice especially if they make as many units as they say they are. We'll see.

PS: I love the Kona Blue and Silver, excellent choice.

I have an update. Spoke with a gentelman who drives by the Flat Rock plant everyday on his way to work. He said he's been seeing a lot of the V6 and GT Mustangs and and quite a few shelbys sitting in the holding lot and being loaded onto the delivery trucks for the past month now. He also said the trucks have been sitting there for awhile and just started leaving in the past two weeks. Each truck had several GT500s on it.

Sounds like the ones that were already built (very early orders) are being transported while the later orders will be delayed a month.

I know I saw pictures of ones sitting at the factory, I believe its just a month delay for quality checks.

Great G-2. dont know which plant builds them though Im sure someTS member knows.The whole thing about starting to build them in July just didnt seem right

I am in CANADA and ordered FEB 2. I got an email from Ford today saying my car would be built during the week of June 1 - 5 and would be at my dealer 2 weeks after that.

All I DID TO RECEIVE THIS INFO WAS SEND AN EMAIL WITH THE VIN ASKING FOR THE BUILD AND DELIVERY DATE. I THINK ONE OTHER MEMBER DID THE SAME. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD WAY TO TRY TO GET THE BEST INFO TO DATE.

I contacted my local dealership and they will be charging 10 to 20 thousand dollars over sticker price on the GT500, yes thousands of dollars over sticker price...Quote "Because We Can"... They call it a North East Marketing Adjustment

I contacted my local dealership and they will be charging 10 to 20 thousand dollars over sticker price on the GT500, yes thousands of dollars over sticker price...Quote "Because We Can"... They call it a North East Marketing Adjustment

HOLY SH*T!!!!

I was born and rasied in New England/New York. Come down to DC to buy your car. I went to five dealers, and the MOST expensive I found was MSRP. I know that people have even bought theirs for between invoice and MSRP.

That's just crazy. Who would buy from them?

thats crazy--was the sales guy packing a gun??you can get MSRP almost anywhere else and have it shipped.Try MM on this forum.I also saw a 09 for 20K over--i asked them why when i could order a 2010 for less.And the said because they can--go figger

I put a deposit on a black with silver stripe coupe yesterday. Should be here by the end of May.

Are you guy paying sticker or any added ADM?

I got it loaded (NAV, HID and car cover) paid invoice plus 5% (special deal at the local dealership for military).

$46,750 out the door.

Hello,

My vin#104196 ordered Dec 17. Checked with dealer today shows the car was born March 17 went to lot#50 for shipping. Then was sent back to the factory on Mar 24 nothing to report after that, guess it fell into a black hole. Do remember what was said at BJ auction when the first one was sold. Would be returned to factory for some upgrades, which probably translates to make some repairs.

No on the ADM paid $2K below sticker. Update!! Called Ford got basically no help at all. I will call Ford Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week until they tell me it has been shipped or give me a approximate ship date.

Cobra 09

Cobra 09

Hey they will steal it while they can! Because after the "sizzle" wears off the dealers will be selling them below invoice! I mean most of the U.S. is in a depression not a recession. And believe it, the "sizzle" will wear off and wear off quick~~~

Archived