TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has ordered a 2010 GT500?

I ordered a 2010 GT500 a few weeks ago and the dealer told me that the car is on a "National Hold" from Ford. Another member on this forum ordered one too in MN and told me that his dealer told him the his car has a May production date with June/July delivery date.

I in turn called my CT dealer who said status quo. I called another area Ford dealer and they reconfirmed what my dealer told me, "National Hold" with no production date determined.

Has others on this forum ordered a 2010 GT500 and what is your dealer telling you? Please comment only if you actually ordered one with a deposit down.

I called Ford and they told me that my dealer would have the most update information and that I should refer all questions though them.

Thanks

I ordered a 2010 GT500 a few weeks ago and the dealer told me that the car is on a "National Hold" from Ford. Another member on this forum ordered one too in MN and told me that his dealer told him the his car has a May production date with June/July delivery date.

I in turn called my CT dealer who said status quo. I called another area Ford dealer and they reconfirmed what my dealer told me, "National Hold" with no production date determined.

Has others on this forum ordered a 2010 GT500 and what is your dealer telling you? Please comment only if you actually ordered one with a deposit down.

I called Ford and they told me that my dealer would have the most update information and that I should refer all questions though them.

Thanks

I oredered mine in mid-Feb.Got my VIN 2 weeks ago with an end of April ship.Should be here in mid may.

I don't have a deposit down...BUT..I literally watched the screen at Minnetonka Ford in MN and the black on black GT500 2010 they have ordered for dealer stock says production complete - car released. May 11, 2009 delivery.

I will be going back next Tuesday when the status is updated and let you know.

I don't have a deposit down...BUT..I literally watched the screen at Minnetonka Ford in MN and the black on black GT500 2010 they have ordered for dealer stock says production complete - car released. May 11, 2009 delivery.

I will be going back next Tuesday when the status is updated and let you know.

I believe you, I'm just trying to understand why 2 dealers are telling me this and I don't want to tie-up my deposit, if I can get the car elsewhere.

Placed my order on 3/24/09 through Koons Sterling Ford in Northern VA.

Paid MSRP. $500 deposit.

Last six of VIN: 119647

According to the dealer, production the week of 4/22/09. Delivery second week of May. That seems a little quick between production and delivery, but we'll see....

I placed my order 03/24/2009 with Sunset Ford here in SoCal @MSRP which is the best I could do in CA. Dont have a VIN yet but estimated delivery is early June, Ordered Kona Blue with white stripes. This is a car I have dreamed about having since I first saw a Cobra, I cancelled my Dodge Challenger order with no regrets to get this car, when I saw it I knew this was the car to get.

Order one in Feb and was told it would be the 3rd week of Apr. Was told yesterday that it now has build date of 2nd week of may and should have vin next tuesday and shipping would take about 2 weeks to Pensacola Fl. Sterling Gray vert with silver stripes.

Order one in Feb and was told it would be the 3rd week of Apr. Was told yesterday that it now has build date of 2nd week of may and should have vin next tuesday and shipping would take about 2 weeks to Pensacola Fl. Sterling Gray vert with silver stripes.

Just wondering,does your dealer have an allocation from Ford for a Shelby GT500??

Ordered mine back in January, I received a VIN a few weeks back and originally had a build week of April 13th. Now according to Ford it has been pushed back till the week of the 27th. All mustangs were on a hold up until a week ago but Ford has now released them and they are on their way to the dealerships. As far as the GT500s go I think they are right behind them.

What most dealers dont want to tell yall is that Ford builds the GT500, then they make sure there are NO problems! Sometimes Ford finds something and will fix it before the cars ship. This means the cars are sitting in the parking lot waiting to be shipped and AA goes out to EACH car and fixes it. This almost always happens on a NEW car. Our car is sold to a TS member. It was bucked 2 weeks ago. Normal time the car would be here by now.

Dont panic! Ford will ship these cars VERY soon! They just dont want to ship them and find out LATER theres a problem they could have easily fixed!

In 99 the did it with the NEW 4DR Supercab. They had a fuel rail problem. Left the trucks in the parking lot and each truck was looked at by a QC guy. In 2009 AA (Auto Allaince) released a GT500 Vert, but didnt ship it right away. I called and asked about the car. I was told that before the Verts left they wanted to make sure the tops werent leaking.

Ford is just doing a good job with the QC!!

MM

What most dealers dont want to tell yall is that Ford builds the GT500, then they make sure there are NO problems! Sometimes Ford finds something and will fix it before the cars ship. This means the cars are sitting in the parking lot waiting to be shipped and AA goes out to EACH car and fixes it. This almost always happens on a NEW car. Our car is sold to a TS member. It was bucked 2 weeks ago. Normal time the car would be here by now.

Dont panic! Ford will ship these cars VERY soon! They just dont want to ship them and find out LATER theres a problem they could have easily fixed!

In 99 the did it with the NEW 4DR Supercab. They had a fuel rail problem. Left the trucks in the parking lot and each truck was looked at by a QC guy. In 2009 AA (Auto Allaince) released a GT500 Vert, but didnt ship it right away. I called and asked about the car. I was told that before the Verts left they wanted to make sure the tops werent leaking.

MM

This is good stuff. I had no idea such a program existed. I think this is a good sign as to why Ford seams to have their sh*t a little more together than the other two troublesome siblings, aka GM and Chrysler. I am sure they have a similar program as well but I am sure their are looking for funding from the feds to keep their particular programs running, and in order to avoid going bankrupt it will be one of the first programs to be chopped. Long live Ford.

QSS

I put a deposit on a black with silver stripe coupe yesterday. Should be here by the end of May.

Are you guy paying sticker or any added ADM?

I got it loaded (NAV, HID and car cover) paid invoice plus 5% (special deal at the local dealership for military).

$46,750 out the door.

I put a deposit on a black with silver stripe coupe yesterday. Should be here by the end of May.

Are you guy paying sticker or any added ADM?

I got it loaded (NAV, HID and car cover) paid invoice plus 5% (special deal at the local dealership for military).

$46,750 out the door.

Wow! That's a good deal. Mine is $49,997 out the door with no options. Supposely I got it for 1K under sticker (45K WS + 1K Gas gus tax, + 850 Dest + 6% sales tax)

Since I didn't get the HID's there shouldn't be any hold-up due to that.

MM

Hey Mike,

This Al in Macon have you got a date on your Blue one yet? I traded with Riverside today for the Blue one they have coming in and they said it should be in any day.

Blessings,

Al

People who actually have orders in for their cars should call later this afternoon to get a status update on your car. Ford updates the system every Tuesday and the dealers recieve these build updates during the day.

This will let you know if everyone's orders are cycling towards a hold.

Hey Mike,

This Al in Macon have you got a date on your Blue one yet? I traded with Riverside today for the Blue one they have coming in and they said it should be in any day.

Blessings,

Al

I think all of them has been pushed back about a month. Ford will build them and they will sit for a few days. Then they will MASS ship ALOT of them

Im still thinking ours should be here first of May!

MM

I went to the NY autoshow today and the Ford rep told me that the hold was a marketing move / ploy to align the release date of the GT500 with the Camero. Doesn't make sense to me, but she assured me that some are already built and more will be built.

By the way the 2010 GT500 looks great in person. The Dodge Challenger looks great too, but the Camaro missed the boat, big time.

I think all of them has been pushed back about a month. Ford will build them and they will sit for a few days. Then they will MASS ship ALOT of them

Im still thinking ours should be here first of May!

MM

Hey Thanks,

I have heard there are some on the ground at some dealerships?? Mine said for delivery TBD to be determined???

Blessings,

Al

****BREAKING NEWS****

My local dealer called me and said...

"Because production numbers are going to be lower than expected (around 1500 units) He can no longer sell me my car at 5% over invoice and asked me to pick up my deposit unless I was planning on paying 7% over MSRP"!!! So the car's price has changed by over $7K!

Is that even legal!?!

****BREAKING NEWS****

My local dealer called me and said...

"Because production numbers are going to be lower than expected (around 1500 units) He can no longer sell me my car at 5% over invoice and asked me to pick up my deposit unless I was planning on paying 7% over MSRP"!!! So the car's price has changed by over $7K!

Is that even legal!?!

Not if you have a contract at a price signed by both parties.But why buy a car from a guy who would even try to do that to you.Im betting they had a higher offer and are selling it to someone else.If I were you, Id contact Michael Morris ,MM on this forum.Hes a straight up guy,and had soem allocations left,and can organize local delivery to you--woudnt you love to see the look on your dealers face as they unload your car

Archived