TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You poor guys .....

1BADGT500

I just wanted to say that I feel for all of you out there who are just sitting around climbing the f***in walls waiting to get your greasy palms on a new GT500.

It hurts to read all of the stories about broken promises from some of the dealers and broken contracts and shady deals etc. .... makes me just sick.

Not long ago I was one of you, so anxious, sometimes angry, always excited, a little pessimistic, many sleepless nights, adrenalized all the time, totally consumed with the car and the articles on the car, bored without it, mind racing all day and all night, filled with mixed emotions, often questioning my sanity and lack thereof, worried about the ADM and insurance and payments, grabbing every magazine I could find with even a picture of the car in it etc. etc. Always asking - when am I gonna get my car?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Basically my life revolved around getting one of these cars and I wasn't giving up until I had one in my garage. This kind of compulsive disorder just took over my life (in more ways than one) and I distanced myself from everything and everyone until I got my car because I was on a mission and I had to stay focused (it was not obvious to me at the time).

Well once I finally got my car and it was all that I had hoped and imagined and much more. My life had changed..

It was, and still is a life changing event for me and I promise it will be for you also.

It's easy for a guy like me to sit here and say just be patient, or maybe the cars will drop to MSRP soon, or your time will come......

Basically life in your shoes pretty much sucks. Yea. Especailly when everyone out there who has their cars are telling you how great they are and how happy they are and blah blah blah..

Well I just wanted to drop you all a line and tell you that I haven't forgotten your pain (and suffering) and I feel for all of you who are waiting for your cars or waiting for the prices to come down.

If I was Santa I'd give you all each a brand new GT500 for Christmas and I would'nt even make you wait until Dec 25th. You'd all have your cars before Turkey Day and the world would be a much better place (and all of you would be a little more sane than you are today)...

Don't give up, keep focused on your mission and your goals and the world will soon turn again for you too.

Sorry it's late and I was bored.

I just wanted to say that I feel for all of you out there who are just sitting around climbing the f***in walls waiting to get your greasy palms on a new GT500.

It hurts to read all of the stories about broken promises from some of the dealers and broken contracts and shady deals etc. .... makes me just sick.

Not long ago I was one of you, so anxious, sometimes angry, always excited, a little pessimistic, many sleepless nights, adrenalized all the time, totally consumed with the car and the articles on the car, bored without it, mind racing all day and all night, filled with mixed emotions, often questioning my sanity and lack thereof, worried about the ADM and insurance and payments, grabbing every magazine I could find with even a picture of the car in it etc. etc. Always asking - when am I gonna get my car?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Basically my life revolved around getting one of these cars and I wasn't giving up until I had one in my garage. This kind of compulsive disorder just took over my life (in more ways than one) and I distanced myself from everything and everyone until I got my car because I was on a mission and I had to stay focused (it was not obvious to me at the time).

Well once I finally got my car and it was all that I had hoped and imagined and much more. My life had changed..

It was, and still is a life changing event for me and I promise it will be for you also.

It's easy for a guy like me to sit here and say just be patient, or maybe the cars will drop to MSRP soon, or your time will come......

Basically life in your shoes pretty much sucks. Yea. Especailly when everyone out there who has their cars are telling you how great they are and how happy they are and blah blah blah..

Well I just wanted to drop you all a line and tell you that I haven't forgotten your pain (and suffering) and I feel for all of you who a waiting for your cars or waiting for the prices to come down.

If I was Santa I'd give you all each a brand new GT500 for Christmas and I would'nt even make you wait until Dec 25th. You'd all have your cars before Turkey Day and the world would be a much better place (and all of you would be a little more sane than you are today)...

Don't give up, keep focused on your mission and your goals and the world will soon turn again for you too.

Well said.

Well I just wanted to drop you all a line and tell you that I haven't forgotten your pain (and suffering) and I feel for all of you who a waiting for your cars or waiting for the prices to come down.

Nicely said and you know , we all feel about the same about this car , because its a Shelby, a Mustang Shelby that has not been around for a lot of years...and its finally back and we have one ......God Bless us .....so as 1BADGT500 says .....diddo...........hope you all get yours sooner than later.

Hi, My name is Jim and I'm a Shelbyholic..... :hysterical:

Sounds like you better take the 1st step. :tequila:

Better get to a meeting, 90 meetings in 90 days.

Hopefully there is a good SA meeting close to your area.

:beerchug:

Thanks for the support friend!

My car due date is two week late today, having been going threw the same feeling from your experience. :banghead:

..if you really loved us, you'd send drugs :hysterical:

thanks for the words of encouragement; it will all be good soon, even for rpretzel. until then, we live thru those that tell us about their shelbies.

John

Aaaaaaaaaaaah I was going to mention that but it slipped my mind at the last moment....

A couple of Vic's and a few drinks is a good temporary fix for you all.

Take two Vicodin, wash em down with a cold beer and check prices (or your estimated date of delivery) in the morning.

Repeat as needed until the pain subsides.

Cheers Friends!

well great write up , yeah thats how we all feel. but if you really loved us you would tour the country giveing us rides until we can get our own.

You're right, how selfish of me.

Okay, just wait till I get my intake, tune and pulley swap in (I wouldn't want to disappoint you guys)!

freshly stocked with morphine and anti anxiety medications

You forgot the anti-depressants but you covered the main Rx drugs needed for most of the victim's of this crisis!

I'm in agreement with 1BAD. I know how slowly time passed when I was waiting and counting every friggin second. I can't wave a wand and make the wait go away, but maybe I can make you laugh a little and hold on.

Owning this car is like being a minor rock star. At least, around here it is. Just about every time - really, just about EVERY time - I drive it, I get some attention. I drive to the Ford dealer to get the first oil change, BAM, three guys jump out of a ricer and start oggling it and walking around it before I'm even out of the car. Two days in a row I came up on 1999+ Mustangs that were obviously modded by folks like us, and we exchanged all kinds of waves, revvd the engines, horsed around - they even pulled out the phone cameras. The local Mustang guys who have really nice looking rides really like this car! And I really like their Cobras and GTs (just turned in my '04 Cobra on this car). I've had this car since 21st of July and this stuff never stops. On the ferry, on the highway, in parking lots, at traffic lights. There's just no end to it and it's all good news. Now, I've never seen another on the road around here, and neither have the folks who talk to me. But they all seem to know what it is. I don't think that'll change even when more cars start showing up. I never expected this when I bought the car. It's really fun, and it really tells you that here are lots of folks like us who just want to have fun with cars. Puts a smile on my face.

So, you poor folks like I used to be, cheer up as much as you can. While I'd rather be where I am, than be where you are, I can tell you it is worth waiting for. Easy for me to say, I know, but you know that's what most folks who have them and drive them are saying. At least you know that much, so it's not all blind faith. Rock Stardom beckons. (Strains of Bad Company's 'Rock and Roll Fantasy' swell in the background . . . )

I'm in agreement with 1BAD. I know how slowly time passed when I was waiting and counting every friggin second. I can't wave a wand and make the wait go away, but maybe I can make you laugh a little and hold on.

Owning this car is like being a minor rock star. At least, around here it is. Just about every time - really, just about EVERY time - I drive it, I get some attention. I drive to the Ford dealer to get the first oil change, BAM, three guys jump out of a ricer and start oggling it and walking around it before I'm even out of the car. Two days in a row I came up on 1999+ Mustangs that were obviously modded by folks like us, and we exchanged all kinds of waves, revvd the engines, horsed around - they even pulled out the phone cameras. The local Mustang guys who have really nice looking rides really like this car! And I really like their Cobras and GTs (just turned in my '04 Cobra on this car). I've had this car since 21st of July and this stuff never stops. On the ferry, on the highway, in parking lots, at traffic lights. There's just no end to it and it's all good news. Now, I've never seen another on the road around here, and neither have the folks who talk to me. But they all seem to know what it is. I don't think that'll change even when more cars start showing up. I never expected this when I bought the car. It's really fun, and it really tells you that here are lots of folks like us who just want to have fun with cars. Puts a smile on my face.

So, you poor folks like I used to be, cheer up as much as you can. While I'd rather be where I am, than be where you are, I can tell you it is worth waiting for. Easy for me to say, I know, but you know that's what most folks who have them and drive them are saying. At least you know that much, so it's not all blind faith. Rock Stardom beckons. (Strains of Bad Company's 'Rock and Roll Fantasy' swell in the background . . . )

Hey Three, are you in Smithfield. Are you coupe or vert and what color. I was at a show in Norfolk last week that had my red vert and five coupes. Thats the most i've seen live ever. Not many on the Peninsula at all. Me and scgt500 are local and would like to get together from time to time with other owners. Ruff has been known to come up and hang out and Orf as well. Maybe we can get together and exchange notes sometime. PM me if your interested.

Well I just wanted to drop you all a line and tell you that I haven't forgotten your pain (and suffering) and I feel for all of you who are waiting for your cars or waiting for the prices to come down.

+1 well put brother - F%^&*en EH ! BE PROUD

Aint this the truth - I never expected this as well. This car draws people & there is no mistaking this car on the road. I have had people from the ages of 8 to 70 grouping around mine.

The only thing that sucks for this Canuck is that I gotta look at mine in the garage for the next 6 months.

Archived