TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We got our First GT and V6 Coupe In!!!

Michael Morris

What do yall want measured? I can do it in the morning!

MM

Just need to verify the same distance between strut towers and mounting patterns, plus relationship to top of engine plenum cover. I'm assuming the same subframe, engine mounts, and strut towers, so it should all be identical between an '09 and '10, but you just never know.

Ruf, I'm gonna take some measurements when our first GT/19" arrives this week. If it's the same as our '07's, then I'm ordering one for my car. I can't imagine the strut towers being different, as it is the same S197 chassis essentially.

Ruf, I just measured our first 2010 Mustang GT with 19's for the STB, and all dimensions are the same as my '07. I've checked with our parts department and I pulled the HVBOM report for this car to find a part # and pricing, but to no avail. It has a number stamped on the driver's side (176 AD 346 08L), but that doesn't jive with anything anywhere. Maybe someone else knows what the real part # should be???

Ford Racing shows a STB for 2010 GT's, but it is part # M-20201-S197, which is the exact same part # as the 2005-9's used. However, that's the same basic design as the Bullitt/Shelby GT STB and doesn't clear the optional GT Plenum Cover like the new 2010 factory STB does, dang it!!!

Ruf, I just measured our first 2010 Mustang GT with 19's for the STB, and all dimensions are the same as my '07. I've checked with our parts department and I pulled the HVBOM report for this car to find a part # and pricing, but to no avail. It has a number stamped on the driver's side (176 AD 346 08L), but that doesn't jive with anything anywhere. Maybe someone else knows what the real part # should be???

Ford Racing shows a STB for 2010 GT's, but it is part # M-20201-S197, which is the exact same part # as the 2005-9's used. However, that's the same basic design as the Bullitt/Shelby GT STB and doesn't clear the optional GT Plenum Cover like the new 2010 factory STB does, dang it!!!

Thanks, Five-Oh - standing by! :lurk:

the wheels on the V6 look better than on the GT. :headscratch:

And I'll take anything in the Kona Blue, friggin gorgeous color! :happy feet:

+1 on the Kona!

I saw my first 2010 in person yesterday at the dealer. I loved it! It was a red GT and I was more impressed in person than through the photos.

Ken

Checked out a black GT Premium at the dealer while stopping at the parts counter.

Much better looking in person, I like it but I am still partial to the 05-09.

What was more impressive was the interior, excellent fit and finish and materials used. In the pics, it looked like the center consol setup sucked but it is actually well thought out with a nice incline towards the rear to meet your elbow. A lot of nice little things going on in the interior that is a nice suprise and departure from the Ford M.O.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw one a few weeks ago. Had not liked it in the pictures I'd seen. While there are some details that don't appeal to me, and some unfair styling cues (thefts from the GT500 front, anyone?) they should have left in the studio, somehow they were able to make it look smaller without drastically reducing the actual dimensions. Bending-in the corners a bit makes a difference, I guess.

I've always thought the S197s were about five to fifteen percent too large. Those who have lived with original Mustangs will know what I mean:

GT350HredS197RV_40132.jpg

EDIT: typeo

GT350HredS197RV_40132.jpg

I saw one a few weeks ago. Had not liked it in the pictures I'd seen. While there are some details that don't appeal to me, and some unfair styling cues (thefts from the GT500 front, anyone?) they should have left in the studio, somehow they were able to make it look smaller without drastically reducing the actual dimensions. Bending-in the corners a bit makes a difference, I guess.

I've always thought the S197s were about five to fifteen percent too large. Those who have lived with original Mustangs will know what I mean:

post-19142-1243727793_thumb.jpg

EDIT: typeo

Good points, Frank.

However, which car would you prefer to be rear-ended in? :lurk:

Good points, Frank.

However, which car would you prefer to be rear-ended in? :lurk:

That's called the "Have you stopped beating your wife?" argument.

The only answer is "No answer".

There is absolutely no doubt that the latest generations are "better" than the earlier ones in every respect except what they are: original is original, current is current. If I had the resources, I'd make Original-looking-and-sized Mustangs on a modern platform with modern technology, and not necessarily Mustang modern technology.

Wouldn't you like to have an Original-looking-and-sized GT350H that goes as fast and is as reliable and long-lived as a 2010 car of similar ethos and flavor? Mmmm-mm.

Archived