TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owners of a Shelby GT

Redlinetoys

Bob...welcome to TS. Post up some pics of your ride when you can. Glad you decided to go with the fastest color!! :happy feet:

Thank you for the welcome. Looks just like your pic, minus the custom work!

But I haven't even really seen it yet other than in the showroom. We bought it without driving it and after settling everything, I drove it out through the glass and down the ramp. Had thoughts of the movie Roadhouse where Bigfoot smashes the Ford dealer, but I made it out ok. Drove it home last night and my wife drove it today (getting home late).

Absence is making the heart grow fonder already!

Glad to find the forum. My wife and I found a 4K mile 2007 White 5 spd Shelby GT and were excited to take delivery last night!

Looking forward to many years of smiles!

Bob

Welcome to the forum! Last Shelby GT I seen was Blue with matte black stripes (I think), while I was heading down 65 from Chicago last year... he had someone pulled over :-)

Lucky here in Ohio you they have to have marked cars!!

Glad to find the forum. My wife and I found a 4K mile 2007 White 5 spd Shelby GT and were excited to take delivery last night!

Looking forward to many years of smiles!

Bob

Hi,

Congrats on the car you will love it. Did you happen to get your car at Mike Raisors in Lafayette. If so I new that guy who had it before you and he never even spin the tires if it is the same car you got a cherry. Really either way you got a cherry. Have fun with it maybe I will see you at a couple of car shows.

Congrats,

Shelbygt/gt500

Hi,

Congrats on the car you will love it. Did you happen to get your car at Mike Raisors in Lafayette. If so I new that guy who had it before you and he never even spin the tires if it is the same car you got a cherry. Really either way you got a cherry. Have fun with it maybe I will see you at a couple of car shows.

Congrats,

Shelbygt/gt500

Yes, we did buy the car at Mike Raisor. Are you from this area? If so, we may have already crossed paths at a car show. I own a red 1955 Bel Air with a cross ram and dual 4's...

I walked in the showroom a week ago, saw the Shelby and immediately fell in love. Two other guys deals fell through while I waited patiently as third in line. Monday, my wife and I went and the car was still there! A couple of hours later, it was ours (actually my wife's as we traded her 2006 18K mile Silver/Red Leather Mustang GT for it.)

Part of the reason I was so excited was because it was very obvious the car was a Sunday driver that was meticulously cared for (4k miles). I have not met the previous owner, but I knew he was an older gentleman that obviously loved the car for what it was and didn't buy it to beat on it.

Thanks for the kind response from all of you. It looks like this is a great forum to be on!

Sign me, thrilled!

Bob

Welcome to the family! You're going to have many miles of fun with the SGT! Sounds like you got a well cared for car and you spent a lot less than those of us that bought our SGTs new! And of course, you picked the fastest color too! :peelout:

Enjoy!

-yellow pony

Hi,

Congrats,

Shelbygt/gt500

Welcome aboard. You'll love the car.

I have to admit that after 10k mi I haven't lit the tires yet either. I've chirped the tires but just can't seem to do it yet.

Yes, we did buy the car at Mike Raisor. Are you from this area? If so, we may have already crossed paths at a car show. I own a red 1955 Bel Air with a cross ram and dual 4's...

I walked in the showroom a week ago, saw the Shelby and immediately fell in love. Two other guys deals fell through while I waited patiently as third in line. Monday, my wife and I went and the car was still there! A couple of hours later, it was ours (actually my wife's as we traded her 2006 18K mile Silver/Red Leather Mustang GT for it.)

Part of the reason I was so excited was because it was very obvious the car was a Sunday driver that was meticulously cared for (4k miles). I have not met the previous owner, but I knew he was an older gentleman that obviously loved the car for what it was and didn't buy it to beat on it.

Thanks for the kind response from all of you. It looks like this is a great forum to be on!

Sign me, thrilled!

Bob

Hey Bob! Welcome...to our disease...haha. Funny thing I have had your gasser tri-five site bookmarked on my computer for a good 3 years? I have a 56 BB 4sp car I am building with a blower dark horse gasser style...lots of glass panels...

I did the same saw my SGT and was done had to have it. most old school new car I have ever driven...I drooled at the test drive and tried to hide the fact that I dug it!! Haha Enjoy... these cars rule!!!

Except I do drive mine like it was stolen and you know what you could never tell by looking, these things are tough. Mine felt quicker at 10k miles of hard living than it did new, now its really fun....heehee Welcome again!! See Bud at SAI if you get the need for speed...

Tri-Fives and Shelbys forever!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome Bob........

so its been 9 days, how do you like her so far? :lurk:

Hey guys. Hadn't checked back on this post until just now. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Seems like TeamShelby is a cool place to be.

Mccoystudio, you really need to forward some pics of your 56. Would love to have pics (of any stage of build or finished car) for the gasser gallery. My email for that is in the photo album description. Cool to hear we have been crossing paths and didn't know it.

And wickedshelby, we LOVE the car. We traded our 18K mile 2006 GT for it. It was hard to let the 06 go, but we are definitely loving the Shelby. This one is a driver for now, but a keeper later on! And yes, I have already been ordering accessories!!!

I need to take some time to take some nice pics, but here is a quick one from Saturday.

phpiG1m1iPM-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

post-24787-1240798255_thumb.jpg

post-24787-1240798255_thumb.jpg

Hey guys. Hadn't checked back on this post until just now. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Seems like TeamShelby is a cool place to be.

Mccoystudio, you really need to forward some pics of your 56. Would love to have pics (of any stage of build or finished car) for the gasser gallery. My email for that is in the photo album description. Cool to hear we have been crossing paths and didn't know it.

And wickedshelby, we LOVE the car. We traded our 18K mile 2006 GT for it. It was hard to let the 06 go, but we are definitely loving the Shelby. This one is a driver for now, but a keeper later on! And yes, I have already been ordering accessories!!!

I need to take some time to take some nice pics, but here is a quick one from Saturday.

phpiG1m1iPM-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Thats awesome, remember we all want to see pics of your mods.

by the way, beautiful Chevy. :yup::yup:

Congrats on the SGT and welcome to TS

MM

Thanks again. Real nice crowd here.

So far no mods, just a wish list.

I did hide away the original perfect Shelby Mats, and replaced them with a new factory charcoal set found on ebay, and I have replaced the crazy antenna mast with a 14" black billet one.

Next steps will be sealing up the paint under the hood pins to try and limit any potential future corrosion, and possibly the purchase of a Chip Beck scoop. Mine is perfect, but I would rather put a new (good) one on now and hide my original away in the garage or sell it.

I am also thinking of pulling the Shelby GT sills and replacing them with some plain Shelby ones or possibly some custom billet to preserve the originals for later.

This car is a daily driver for now, but i would like to be able to have the irreplaceable stuff still be mint in several years when a new daily may come in to play and this one can potentially become strictly a play toy.

And yes, a blower would be FANTASTIC! But it is not in the plans at this time. I can always drive the Bel Air when i want to accelerate quicker, but the Shelby is way more fun in the corners!!!

Looking forward to talking with you guys in the forum.

Bob

Bob, congratulations on your SGT.

Where are you in Indiana? I live in Goshen, near elkhart.

Maybe we can get together sometime this summer.

I'd love to get some pics of my Black SGT along with a white one.

Bob

Hi Bob,

We are several hours south of you near Lafayette. We don't head that direction much (other than vacation in the Grand Haven area further up), but we head south to the Indy area fairly often. Give me a heads up if you are heading south from Goshen sometime and perhaps we could meet along the I-65 corridor near Lafayette or Indy.

PS: 25 plus years ago, a bunch of us car guys used to make runs up to Goshen occasionally to join in the "cruising" in that area. Goshen was always a well known destination for cars on Saturday nights! We had several hard core 80's style blower, tunnel ram, narrowed, wheelie bar "Street Freak" style cars, and it used to be quite the trip to run up there for an evening! Quite the memories!

Bob

Archived