TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can anyone help?

320stealth

I am new to this site, i found it when i been searching for a Dodge Shelby CSX.

When i was 16 i owned a 87 Dodge Shelby CSX (black 2.2 intercooled) AND I SOLD IT AFTER A YEAR. obviously i didnt know what i was doin and wished i kept it. 20 years later i am looking for another on for my son. he is 14 now and i would like to take the next 2 years to fix it up and do some modification. I am looking for 87-89 Dodge Shelby CSX either black or white and some what of a fixer upper. It would be a great father and son project if anyone can help let me know.

Thank You

320S, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

The Shelby CSX was built for three years, 1987-89.

The 1987 Shelby CSX was only available in black with 750 produced. The T-I engine was modified by Shelby into a T-II.

The 1988 Shelby CSX was only available in white with 1000 produced. The T-I engine remained stock as these cars were produced for Thrifty Rental Company.

The 1989 Shelby CSX was only available in red with 500 produced. The T-II engine was modified by Shelby into a T-IV.

So if you only want a black or white CSX you are limited to the 1987-88 cars. I would probably suggest the 1987 CSX since you owned one previously and it has the higher horsepower intercooled engine.

The best places to look are ebay and Craigslist. You may want to consider one from the west or south to avoid rust issues.

You may also want to contact Team Shelby vendor FWD-Performance. They at times have a few cars for sale or may have a customer thats looking to sell theirs. Look for the FWD-P banner at the top of the Team Shelby website.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find.

Steve

320S, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

The Shelby CSX was built for three years, 1987-89.

The 1987 Shelby CSX was only available in black with 750 produced. The T-I engine was modified by Shelby into a T-II.

The 1988 Shelby CSX was only available in white with 1000 produced. The T-I engine remained stock as these cars were produced for Thrifty Rental Company.

The 1989 Shelby CSX was only available in red with 500 produced. The T-II engine was modified by Shelby into a T-IV.

So if you only want a black or white CSX you are limited to the 1987-88 cars. I would probably suggest the 1987 CSX since you owned one previously and it has the higher horsepower intercooled engine.

The best places to look are ebay and Craigslist. You may want to consider one from the west or south to avoid rust issues.

You may also want to contact Team Shelby vendor FWD-Performance. They at times have a few cars for sale or may have a customer thats looking to sell theirs. Look for the FWD-P banner at the top of the Team Shelby website.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find.

Steve

Thanks Steve for the input. i have been on ebay and craiglist alot and havent had much luck. craiglist is hard to search since i can only do it by cities. do you know of a way to do a search on craigslist the covers all of craiglist?

Thanks Steve for the input. i have been on ebay and craiglist alot and havent had much luck. craiglist is hard to search since i can only do it by cities. do you know of a way to do a search on craigslist the covers all of craiglist?

Sure do. Try this website:

http://www.allofcraigslist.com/

Steve

• 2 months later...
I am new to this site, i found it when i been searching for a Dodge Shelby CSX.

When i was 16 i owned a 87 Dodge Shelby CSX (black 2.2 intercooled) AND I SOLD IT AFTER A YEAR. obviously i didnt know what i was doin and wished i kept it. 20 years later i am looking for another on for my son. he is 14 now and i would like to take the next 2 years to fix it up and do some modification. I am looking for 87-89 Dodge Shelby CSX either black or white and some what of a fixer upper. It would be a great father and son project if anyone can help let me know.

Thank You

I have 2 CSX that need a good home

1 mostley stock outher lots of modes

will make package deal

Greg

Archived