TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Underside of a Terlingua.

Matts

I have been under one, but dont have any pictures.

Ditto,

Done some looking underneath but no photos.

If none appear, I can try and take some when I am back from my upcoming trip (out the dor in an hour...). Not sure how they will turn out, but maybe enough to get the general idea.

VB

I have some of mine somewhere. Only one I can find atm and it's not from under the car.

DSC00578.jpg

Btw: Borla makes that side exhaust. Call em up and ask.

For those that have done some looking underneath.

Does the Terlingua Performance package utilise a low profile muffler or does it use a smooth tube muffler?

Also does the exhaust tubing wrap around the gas tank or does it cut before it?

The only side exhaust I could find were these Cervinis.com

2052289_39_full.jpg

For those that have done some looking underneath.

Does the Terlingua Performance package utilise a low profile muffler or does it use a smooth tube muffler?

Also does the exhaust tubing wrap around the gas tank or does it cut before it?

The only side exhaust I could find were these Cervinis.com

2052289_39_full.jpg

^The exaust comes from engine to double chamber muffler right out side behind door looks good toooo quiet for my taste maybe a couple of mods needed

Any news vorpal?

I just spoke with Glenn he said the exhaust is a single muffler with two entries and two exits, the bending is designed to cut before the gas tank.

I am going to remove the factory gas tank and put a fuel cell in the trunk so that part isn't much of a problem.

Any news vorpal?

I just spoke with Glenn he said the exhaust is a single muffler with two entries and two exits, the bending is designed to cut before the gas tank.

I am going to remove the factory gas tank and put a fuel cell in the trunk so that part isn't much of a problem.

Alas I am in California and the bunny is back in TX waiting, waiting for my return laughing...

I will ask my spouse the family photographer to give it her best when we return - but without a lift not sure what quality we will get - but will try.

VB

Alas I am in California and the bunny is back in TX waiting, waiting for my return laughing...

I will ask my spouse the family photographer to give it her best when we return - but without a lift not sure what quality we will get - but will try.

VB

You know if you left the bunny with one of your FTB friends while you were on vacation, I could handle this assignment on your behalf :happy feet:

You know if you left the bunny with one of your FTB friends while you were on vacation, I could handle this assignment on your behalf :happy feet:

Yeah same here.

If anything were to happen to TRT0403 like a punctured gas tank or all four wheels stolen off of his car and he couldn't meet you there, I would be honored to pick the car up for you. :hysterical::shift:

I appreciate it very much Vorpal, I can't wait to see them!

Well made it back from vacation and returned to the bunny and to a drive and pics tonight! Thought I was keeping a clean car until seeing these photos of the water marks on the underneath - need to do something about that next...

Anyway, two photos one from the front underneath and another from the side of the side exhaust and in to the center. Hope they help - I put the car up the ramps to get these and its the best I can do without a lift.

VB

post-20899-1240185851_thumb.jpg

post-20899-1240185851_thumb.jpg

Vorpal, you are the best, my friend!

I couldn't tell by the photo, but do the pipes cut before the gas tank?

Do you ever experience any rubbing or scraping on certain road spots?

Man that muffler is pulled and tightened in there!

Vorpal, you are the best, my friend!

I couldn't tell by the photo, but do the pipes cut before the gas tank?

Do you ever experience any rubbing or scraping on certain road spots?

Man that muffler is pulled and tightened in there!

I can't tell about the gas tank now either - the car is in the garage and covered this time of night.

The sound they make is as great as advertised especially under heavy acclerartion it kicks and they seem to add some performance as well. On very rutted roads with a couple

of passengers they can just rub the road a bit, with some care on real rough roads they are quite manageable. Look good too by the by.

Hope this helps,

VB

This almost makes me want to hold off on a CS6 style build and save for a Terlingua package. Problem is the 20k for the performance package is way out of my price range.

Go for the base package

then upgrade!

That's what I'm doing!

Instead of a paxton supercharger I'm putting a X-Charger. I love the whine from a root style supercharger.

Here's some more underside pics. I had the Terlingua on a lift today getting new tires.

Muffler split to side exhausts

DSC00761.jpg

Muffler

DSC00762.jpg

Cats

DSC00763.jpg

Cats

DSC00764.jpg

Crappy shot of exhaust manifold to cat

DSC00766.jpg

Slide show

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/s...mview=slideshow

Hey SPRSNK those are very awesome pics!!!

I really do appreciate you and Vorpal taking the time to take these pics for me and every one else to see and drool over!

I got something that I order for myself for a birthday present.

Hopefully if I can ever figure out this damn camera I will post pics and video of it.

:happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

• 2 months later...

For those that don't know, SVOC is my mechanic and friend. He knows his shit backwards and forwards. Everyone can see his handiwork when I bring my cars to Terlingua and the Texas Mile this year. He's also one of the sponsors for my HPDE at Harris Hill Road in March next year. If you've got a car that needs some work, he's the man to talk to.

Archived