TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Cooling Package

I might have missed it somewhere but how much is the kit to sort this and where is it available from?? Shelby directly?

The whole Shelby Performance Cooling Package is available through SAI directly at this time by calling Cynthia Robinson at SAI. The total package including black anodized engine bay reservoirs (engine coolant, supercharger reservoir and powersteering reservoir that accept the Super Snake caps) is $2,425 plus shipping and handling.

$750 Heat Exchanger

$750 Radiator

$925 Engine Bay Reservoirs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that.

That's expensive.

Is this the same for the 600 BHP economy model?

The radiator and heat exchanger are exactly the same regarless of the size of the blower or supercharger.

Although expensive to an extent you stated yourself that your car ran great for a few laps and then the heat soak set in.

You've got a $80K + car that you can only use for short extents of time on track or even driving daily. The system makes the car run cooler which extends engine longevity. Consider it like a one time insurance policy for your engine with the radiator. The heat exchanger just allows you equal time to enjoy the car for a full track session. You put a lot of money into a great vehicle to make it an SS and be a car you can enjoy. The cooling system with reservoirs is about 3% of the total cost of an SS GT500 +/-.

You also must remember:

These are NASCAR proprietary cores only available through C&R to Shelby. These cores were developed specifically for low speed use for NASCAR races at Bristol, Martinsville and the road courses like Fontana and Watkins Glen. C&R makes 99% of the radiators in NASCAR and now you can have NASCAR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY in your car.

Nobody else but Shelby can offer you a Radiator and Heat Exchanger cooling system utilizing NASCAR cores.

When you put it into perspective and consider all of the benefits and PROVEN TECHNOLOGY that is going into the car, it's actually a very fair price for a great product. And oh by the way, it says SHELBY on it. And because it says Shelby on it, you can actually put it into the Shelby Registry as a Shelby part either owner installed or SAI Mod Shop installed. You can't do that with any other products either.

There are even more ways you can look at it and consider it, bottom line, it does the job and it does the job very well.

The radiator and heat exchanger are exactly the same regarless of the size of the blower or supercharger.

Although expensive to an extent you stated yourself that your car ran great for a few laps and then the heat soak set in.

You've got a $80K + car that you can only use for short extents of time on track or even driving daily. The system makes the car run cooler which extends engine longevity. Consider it like a one time insurance policy for your engine with the radiator. The heat exchanger just allows you equal time to enjoy the car for a full track session. You put a lot of money into a great vehicle to make it an SS and be a car you can enjoy. The cooling system with reservoirs is about 3% of the total cost of an SS GT500 +/-.

You also must remember:

These are NASCAR proprietary cores only available through C&R to Shelby. These cores were developed specifically for low speed use for NASCAR races at Bristol, Martinsville and the road courses like Fontana and Watkins Glen. C&R makes 99% of the radiators in NASCAR and now you can have NASCAR PROVEN TECHNOLOGY in your car.

Nobody else but Shelby can offer you a Radiator and Heat Exchanger cooling system utilizing NASCAR cores.

When you put it into perspective and consider all of the benefits and PROVEN TECHNOLOGY that is going into the car, it's actually a very fair price for a great product. And oh by the way, it says SHELBY on it. And because it says Shelby on it, you can actually put it into the Shelby Registry as a Shelby part either owner installed or SAI Mod Shop installed. You can't do that with any other products either.

There are even more ways you can look at it and consider it, bottom line, it does the job and it does the job very well.

My car has about a month to go before completion. From what I have read I guess a call to Cynthia is in order? Thx for any help on this. Goat

My car has about a month to go before completion. From what I have read I guess a call to Cynthia is in order? Thx for any help on this. Goat

Goat

I would call Cynthia tomorrow morning. Place the order and get in the loop. We have had a lot of activity for the products. Don't delay. This way you can get it done while it is there.

Dactyl

The whole Shelby Performance Cooling Package is available through SAI directly at this time by calling Cynthia Robinson at SAI. The total package including black anodized engine bay reservoirs (engine coolant, supercharger reservoir and powersteering reservoir that accept the Super Snake caps) is $2,425 plus shipping and handling.

$750 Heat Exchanger

$750 Radiator

$925 Engine Bay Reservoirs

Thank you for your explainations of this kit, in this thread. I had heard that in addition to the items you have listed above that there is also a dual electric fan kit that is included with this package? Is this true? Are you in South Fla.?

Thanks, Robert

Thank you for your explainations of this kit, in this thread. I had heard that in addition to the items you have listed above that there is also a dual electric fan kit that is included with this package? Is this true? Are you in South Fla.?

Thanks, Robert

Robert

Yes I am in West Palm Beach/Wellington. The heat exchanger comes with dual electric Puller fans made by SPAL that pull over 1,400 CFM of air. The radiator utilizes the stock fan.

Where are you in Florida?

Van

Robert

Yes I am in West Palm Beach/Wellington. The heat exchanger comes with dual electric Puller fans made by SPAL that pull over 1,400 CFM of air. The radiator utilizes the stock fan.

Where are you in Florida?

Van

Van

I am in Lakeland.

R

Any data on temps if you use the factory reservoirs?

You'll be fine with factory reservoirs. The aluminum tanks act as a better conductor by releasing heat where as the plastic contains more heat. If you have any inclinations for tracking the car on a road course the added capacity of the supercharger reservoir helps because of the added volume of fluid in the intercooling system. For daily driving and long cruises no problem.

Hope this helps.

Archived