TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Cooling Package

I received an e-mail with the various optional upgrades for the Super Snake package including shifter, seats, and the cooling package. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Does it include a larger intercooler?

Any help would be appreciated as my car is there and I am interested in this upgrade as long as it isn't too spendy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I received an e-mail with the various optional upgrades for the Super Snake package including shifter, seats, and the cooling package. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Does it include a larger intercooler?

Any help would be appreciated as my car is there and I am interested in this upgrade as long as it isn't too spendy.

I believe it is the larger radiator and intercooler w/fan that allows you to road race w/o getting heat soaked and losing major hp 1/2 way into your run.

Also THE BRAKES ARE HERE YEAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! The color coded 6 piston rear calipers by Bear also made the list. I got the same email today too.

Does anybody know what the 2 tone seat or kicker sound sytem upgrades are?

BJ

I believe it is the larger radiator and intercooler w/fan that allows you to road race w/o getting heat soaked and losing major hp 1/2 way into your run.

Also THE BRAKES ARE HERE YEAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! The color coded 6 piston rear calipers by Bear also made the list. I got the same email today too.

Does anybody know what the 2 tone seat or kicker sound sytem upgrades are?

BJ

Pictures of the interior seating upgrades are now up on the Shelby Store web site. Colored inserts are available to match the exterior color of the car.

That's odd my car is a Tasca now and I didn't get this email?

i got the same email, and am in the same boat

More information is going to be hitting shortly. Larger Radiator/More Efficient Heat Exchanger

so if your car is there it can't be done now? :doh:

Not necessarily. You need to call and find out. It is possible it just depends on where you are at in production.

For those of you that are in the vicinity of SAI or any of the Shelby Mod Shops you can make arrangements to have these mods added to your GT500 and/or Super Snake and have an official bill of sale etc. from Shelby for your records. Some of us GT500 owners and Super Snake owners waited over a year to get the car and/or then have it turned into a Super Snake. Place the order and it will happen. The Cooling Package is not going to take a year to get either!

glad to here you showed them the light on this :happy feet:

I've been working with the Shelby team on this since last year. They are a great group to work with and I am excited to be a part of Team Shelby. It's taken some time to get to this point and it has been well worth it.

I think everybody is going to be very happy with the finished products when the final brochure is posted.

I've been working with the Shelby team on this since last year. They are a great group to work with and I am excited to be a part of Team Shelby. It's taken some time to get to this point and it has been well worth it.

I think everybody is going to be very happy with the finished products when the final brochure is posted.

could you help them with the release of the Shelby suspension, U/L contol arms, rear seat delete package and the 11" Alcoas :banghead:

hmmm.... what e-mail? :headscratch: I like to see it, as my car is gettn ready to be shipped home... buuuuuut if there is such a cooling package what part number is it? Gotta have that installed in my baby before she gets home! :drool:

Call your mod shop and place the order!!!!

Glen called me Monday about the Super Snake and I asked him if they would install my heat exchanger and radiator I purchased from Dactlyl when I send the car in. Glen said something like, " I am sure we could probably do it".

I RECIEVED ANOTHER EMAIL FROM SHELBY IN VEGAS THEY TOLD IF YOUR CAR IS IN PRODUCTION THEY CAN NOT INSTALL THE UPGRADES BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE TO TAKE PARTS OFF THEY ALREADY INSTALLED NO PRICES ON ANYTHING YET SAID THEY WOULD GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS THEY KNOW

I RECIEVED ANOTHER EMAIL FROM SHELBY IN VEGAS THEY TOLD IF YOUR CAR IS IN PRODUCTION THEY CAN NOT INSTALL THE UPGRADES BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE TO TAKE PARTS OFF THEY ALREADY INSTALLED NO PRICES ON ANYTHING YET SAID THEY WOULD GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS THEY KNOW

I have been on the phone with them as well today. They are diligently trying to finalize all aspects of the cooling package and assess the demand and response. More to follow as I get more information. Hopefully later this evening.

Archived