TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Cooling Package

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I did call Shelby and my mod shop this morn and ordered my Cooling Package... :happy feet: Yeees... just what the doctor ordered! :drool:

My car is at SAI and I want the brakes, cooling system and kicker and they also told my they can't do it based on the status of my car, to close to completion :(

So I guess I will buy the parts and have them install.

I have an email w info on the seats, sound and cooling system. If someone can talk me thru how to get them on this site, I'll give it a try.

I WAS TOLD IN A EMAIL THAT MY CAR IS IN THE MIDDLE OF MYY SS UPGRADE SO THEY CANT INSTALL THE UPGRADES ONLY ON CARS THAT ARE NOT THERE YET BUT I COULD BUY THE UPGRADE PARTS BUT NO PRICE YET

Not true. Call the sales office on Monday and we will be able to assist. We will be calling all owners of cars that are in the facility to ask if they would like them installed. Everyone who has a car on site and in process will be able to have them installed. It will delay delivery of the car though 60-90 days until supply ramps up. Mod Shops will also be able to assist as production of these products catches up with demand.

More information will be released at the 45th. :happy feet:

Roger

Well ive got half the cooling system !!! I got the C&R radiator from Van when it first came out..I already had the AFCO intercooler.

But at some stage ill probably cough up the readies for the other half of the cooling package..

Well done Van and team, sensational work.

talk to my dad about it (AussieSnake). We have the full Griggs on the Snake and it feels like its on rails. The braking of the car has even changed significantly... almost feels like its going to break your neck!

What is the cost of instalation?

Well ive got half the cooling system !!! I got the C&R radiator from Van when it first came out..I already had the AFCO intercooler.

But at some stage ill probably cough up the readies for the other half of the cooling package..

Well done Van and team, sensational work.

Thanks J-

The Heat Exchanger is going to make all of the difference in the world for your car.

Maybe you should get with all of your fellow GT500/Super Snake brothers down under and a put together a list of interested buyers. Maybe the shipment could be palletized with enough interest! Keep the freight down. Just a thought.

VC

Official Pricing Released on another thread...........I copied and pasted

GT500 Performance Cooling Package Upgrade

Includes High Capacity/Performance Radiator

Includes Dual Pass/Dual Puller Fan Heat Exchanger

Anodized Black Engine Bay Reservoirs

-Engine Coolant Reservoir

-Supercharger Reservoir

-Power Steering Reservoir

$2,995 Installation Included

Rear Brake upgrade

$3,995 with installation

Colors available:

Red, Blue, Black and Orange

Interior Upgrade Package

$1999 retail delivered and installed

This price is inclusive of the factory back rest replacement with the Sport Foam, leather, appropriate logos {427, KR, Super Snake} 2 on the headrests and 2 on the top of the rear seats, 2-tone inserts (complementary color to the exterior of the car), double stitch thread the color of the inserts, delivery of the kit to our facility, pick up and delivery of the completed seats to the Shelby facility.

White Ball Shifter for $199.95

Replaces the rubber bushed lever and add style to your shifter. Light weight forged 7075 aluminum lever. Featuring the same high durometer polyurethane isolators found in our shifters allowing for more precise shifts! Includes white ball shift knob.

KICKER SOUND SYSTEM for $1,399 (with installation)

These stereo upgrade systems will be available late April for our customers.

It does not change the look of the dash at all and they will have " Shelby " branded speaker grills etc. The sound is great. The red Super Snake and the blue KR have this system now for anyone that has not heard it....makes the shaker 1000 seem like an old 8 track and the sub woofer takes up less space and takes half the room in the trunk.

Base System upgrade:

-Direct replacement speakers consists of front and rear two-way 6 x 8 speakers (long-throw, poly-cone midranges with 1-inch,titanium-dome tweeters)

-4-channel amplifier 46 x 4 (watts RMS) with advanced 32-bit Digital Signal

-Processing (DSP) containing optimized Shelby/KICKER

-Performance software made specifically for the vehicle;

-DSP in the amp serves as a computer to control the sound, much like the engine controller for the motor.

-Mounting bracket, plug-and-play harness, and hardware

-Performance powered subwoofer

-Vehicle-specific subwoofer enclosure (smaller, lighter, and bigger performance)

-200-watt (RMS) subwoofer amplifier

-Mounting bracket, plug-and-play harness, and hardware

Premium System upgrade $1649 with installation

(replacing Shaker 500 or 1000)

-Contains all Base System upgrades, plus:

Two 8-inch woofers (long-throw, poly-cone) with adapterrings, grilles, and hardware

Shelby KICKER System Characteristics:

• Make no mistake, the systems are Carroll Shelby all the way – extremely high performance while reducing overall vehicle weight.

• Significantly louder and clearer than stock system, and dramatically improves low, mid and high-frequency response.

• Though remarkably improving output, subwoofer is only half the size of a stock sub and reduce s s ubwoofer weight by 60 percent. Vastly increases cargo space in trunk.

• Systems installed at an authorized Mod Center or installed as part of a package; eligible for Registry listing.

• All parts meet or exceed OEM specifications for fit, function, and EMC .

• True OEM connectors and plug-and-play

HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY OVER HEATING WITH YOUR SS YET I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE UPGRADES AND THE COOLOING SYSTEM IS ONE I WOULD LIKE IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY PROBLEMS I DONT KNOW ABOUT LEAVING MY CAR THERE FOR ANOTHER TWO MONTHS ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE

The reason these products were developed in the first place was because I was overheating both the engine cooling system and the supercharge cooling system. MY500SS, Aussie Snake, myself and countless others can confirm for you that with this type of power increase it can very easily happen. Now, if you drive like a 80 year old grandmother, wait a minute, my Mom is 65 and we wer doing burnouts in her GT500 this weekend, LOL, true story...........The factory cooling system just doesn't get it done for these cars.

The other way of looking at is this, you've obviously made a significant investment of your hard earned money, buying the radiator is like a one time insurance policy for the motor by keeping it running significantly cooler and the heat exchanger enables you to drive the car for an hour to an event and still have the power you had when the car started that morning. The heat exchanger helps you to maintain that raw horsepower. Yes, I designed it, yes I am bias, but I am not the first person on any forum who has driven the car hard, even on the street, and had issues with engine heat. These cars are supercharged and make a tremendous amount of heat. This radiator helps your engine oil temperature stay lower which prevents viscosity breakdown.

The first time you drive the car for 30 minutes and step on the throttle without the response it had in the morning when you started it, you'll be in heat soak which means the car is pulling timing and retarding spark. This can be in multiple areas,

Engine Coolant Temperature, Cylinder Head Temperature, IAT2's (downstreams or after supercharger temperatures)

This upgrade helps your car maintain power.

Got a calls and e-mail from Bud and Steve at SAI on the 15th- my 427 baby was in CQ and they offered all the upgrades at that time- the ever lovin said pick what you want :woot: ...so Brake system / coolant system/ seat upgrade and Premium Kicker sound system...if you really want to know the total cost I'll post it later...let's just say Mama spent her birthday money for a couple of years !!! Steve said they hope to have her done by mid to late June (waiting for more coolant systems-supposed to be in by late May).

Got a calls and e-mail from Bud and Steve at SAI on the 15th- my 427 baby was in CQ and they offered all the upgrades at that time- the ever lovin said pick what you want :woot: ...so Brake system / coolant system/ seat upgrade and Premium Kicker sound system...if you really want to know the total cost I'll post it later...let's just say Mama spent her birthday money for a couple of years !!! Steve said they hope to have her done by mid to late June (waiting for more coolant systems-supposed to be in by late May).

I hope to have the cooling systems to them before that..........

Does anybody know how this will work if you already had your car converted to an SS and would like to purchase the cooling pack and rear brake upgrade. Can we order the parts and install them yourself or does it have to be done a SAI or one of there mod shops. From a cost point I would rather not ship my car back to have these mods done I would prefer to do them myself and save on the price of shipping the car.

Thanks,

Butch

Does anybody know how this will work if you already had your car converted to an SS and would like to purchase the cooling pack and rear brake upgrade. Can we order the parts and install them yourself or does it have to be done a SAI or one of there mod shops. From a cost point I would rather not ship my car back to have these mods done I would prefer to do them myself and save on the price of shipping the car.

Thanks,

Butch

I was told by SAI that the parts will eventually be available for order. I'm opting for that method.

Thanks,

Butch

Butch

You will be able to purchase the cooling parts directly from Shelby and install them yourself. You will then put it into the Shelby Registry as a Shelby Modification that was owner installed. Per the Registry director "owner installed" has no negative impact on the intrinsic value of the vehicle. The brakes require removal of the axles so you might want to employ the services of a local shop for that portion of your install.

Van

Butch

You will be able to purchase the cooling parts directly from Shelby and install them yourself. You will then put it into the Shelby Registry as a Shelby Modification that was owner installed. Per the Registry director "owner installed" has no negative impact on the intrinsic value of the vehicle. The brakes require removal of the axles so you might want to employ the services of a local shop for that portion of your install.

Van

Thanks for the information much appreciated. Any idea when they might be available to order and which would you recommend keeping the orginal thermostat or going with a cooler one. Thanks

Oh yeah how would I be able to put it in the Shelby Registry and does SAI put the SS conversion in the regisrty or do I do that also. Thanks again

Butch

Thanks for the information much appreciated. Any idea when they might be available to order and which would you recommend keeping the orginal thermostat or going with a cooler one. Thanks

Oh yeah how would I be able to put it in the Shelby Registry and does SAI put the SS conversion in the regisrty or do I do that also. Thanks again

Butch

It comes with a 180 degree thermostat. I would go with a 160. Just opens up earlier to get the radiator in use earlier and cooling the car.

Look on the left side of the team shelby page for "Registry". That's where you register your car.

Van

It comes with a 180 degree thermostat. I would go with a 160. Just opens up earlier to get the radiator in use earlier and cooling the car.

Look on the left side of the team shelby page for "Registry". That's where you register your car.

Van

Thanks Van. You the Man

Took my car on a track yesterday and it out gunned everything for the first few laps.

This heat soak problem creates a massive loss of horses.....not good.

On the up side I've had some 390mm AP discs fitted with pagid yellow R29 pads and the brakes are simply awesome.....just what they should have been from new.

Took my car on a track yesterday and it out gunned everything for the first few laps.

This heat soak problem creates a massive loss of horses.....not good.

On the up side I've had some 390mm AP discs fitted with pagid yellow R29 pads and the brakes are simply awesome.....just what they should have been from new.

I know all too well what you are talking about. The Shelby Cooling Package solves the problem.

I know all too well what you are talking about. The Shelby Cooling Package solves the problem.

I might have missed it somewhere but how much is the kit to sort this and where is it available from?? Shelby directly?

Archived