TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seeking road racing info - Mid Atlantic Region

Dig-It

I plan on participating in a couple / few autocross solo events this summer in my Bullitt. I would really like to build a dedicated road race car over the next couple of years and race that. However, besides a few (and I mean a few) SCCA, NASA, MVP and Track Guys events, there doesn't seem to be a lot of races in the Mid-Atlantic region. Am I looking in the right places? I'm sure I'm missing something - please help.

I plan on participating in a couple / few autocross solo events this summer in my Bullitt. I would really like to build a dedicated road race car over the next couple of years and race that. However, besides a few (and I mean a few) SCCA, NASA, MVP and Track Guys events, there doesn't seem to be a lot of races in the Mid-Atlantic region. Am I looking in the right places? I'm sure I'm missing something - please help.

http://www.scca.com/events.aspx?hub=10

For the SE regions (which includes VIR and everything south) there are 115 events for the SCCA. I LOVE VIR. But back on topic, the thing to do would be decide on what class and what club you want to run with. NASA has the AI, AIX & CMC. SCCA has the Mustangs everywhere & the Terlingua is T3 (based on prelim inspection of the performance package). Cheapest bang for the buck is probably CMC or AI in NASA.

I want to get into the Formula 1000's and run those :drool:

Thanks for the help.

For NASA, I guess I'd run the Bullitt in CMC2 or AI. Though looking through the rules quickly, I don't think a stock Bullitt would be competitive in AI (though I'm sure I have a lot more reading to do).

For SCCA, it looks like I'd be running in FS. Looking at the schedules for both, I'm leaning towards NASA. There seems to be a lot more races in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. That, and the rule book is easier to understand.

I didn't see any reference to T3 in SCCA. Can you explain it to me a little bit more?

Again, thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.

For NASA, I guess I'd run the Bullitt in CMC2 or AI. Though looking through the rules quickly, I don't think a stock Bullitt would be competitive in AI (though I'm sure I have a lot more reading to do).

For SCCA, it looks like I'd be running in FS. Looking at the schedules for both, I'm leaning towards NASA. There seems to be a lot more races in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. That, and the rule book is easier to understand.

I didn't see any reference to T3 in SCCA. Can you explain it to me a little bit more?

Again, thanks for the help.

It's "touring 3"..Supercharged/Turbo cars with suspension modifiers...pretty much. I still need to throw the roll cage, fuel cell and harnesses into the Terlingua before I can get it fully qualified. I'm hoping to get that done next month. Need to fix the cooling issues first on the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived