TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford destroyed the 2010 GT500

rice1680

That is right people who are passonite about something they love can get sensative when that passion is attacked. But with people like you who have no passion and are just hecklers, are very insensative and inconsiderate. I personally like all mustangs so if you have one? I like it, why do you not like the one I have ordered? Maybe if I bought you one to you would become a passonite person. :glare:

We would be "BEST FRIENDS"?????? :beerchug:

Of course I would trade it for a better looking Stang........... :hysterical:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not given this alot of thought until I read this thread and I just watch the Speed TV Test Drive of the 2010 Mustang. It is a nice car, yes it is different, but I think I need to see it in person. Just like in 1970 things change, they still look good today.

Al

We would be "BEST FRIENDS"?????? :beerchug:

Of course I would trade it for a better looking Stang........... :hysterical:

No I'M sure you would trade on a couple of those nice looking Camero's. :yup:

No Complex here........Im not buying the 2010 model as you are........ :hysterical:

I hate that your not buying one, it would help with passion problem and your "COMPLEX", because the rear end is "HOT". :hysterical:

I hate that your not buying one, it would help with passion problem and your "COMPLEX", because the rear end is "HOT". :hysterical:

I am glad you think so............Enjoy............. :)

Well, here's my .02...

As evidenced by the fact that I bought a 2010, and I could have bought an '08 or an '09 and had it in my driveway, I guess I like the way the car looks, from all angles... And I love the new interior, thats what made me wait, NOT that i don't like the '09, I just like the new one a bit better.

I'm also VERY happy I chose the Kona blue, I saw it today on a GT Vert and it looks great. NOW, with those wide silver stripes on it, its gonna look MINT.

As is that Sterling/Silver coupe ISAID :yup: ...

We all have our likes/dislikes and that's cool, lets just STOP bashing the next gen model of the car we all love.

Opinions are just that............And no amount of negative Opinions or "BASHING" of the

cars that I drive and purchased will deminish my enthusiasm for them...........

Well, here's my .02...

As evidenced by the fact that I bought a 2010, and I could have bought an '08 or an '09 and had it in my driveway, I guess I like the way the car looks, from all angles... And I love the new interior, thats what made me wait, NOT that i don't like the '09, I just like the new one a bit better.

I'm also VERY happy I chose the Kona blue, I saw it today on a GT Vert and it looks great. NOW, with those wide silver stripes on it, its gonna look MINT.

As is that Sterling/Silver coupe ISAID :yup: ...

We all have our likes/dislikes and that's cool, lets just STOP bashing the next gen model of the car we all love.

That's right "goldgus" I could have bought P51B and or a KR both on dealer showroom floor. My dealer tried everything he could to sell me one of his over priced inventory. I actually lost a $1000 deposit on a KR, but was not going to pay $150,000 for it. I made the right choice because I'm getting the same HP and a better interior for 50k. :happy feet: :drool:

Still NO Pics of DDt's Mustangs/Shelby ? Just wise cracks.

Com-on DDt show us the Pics of your cars.

What Dealer did you purchase your GT500 at?

There's no pictures because DDT has no macro setting's on his digital camera. He can't get his match box car's in focus.

I own a 07 Wht Shelby GT and I'm buying the new 2010 GT500 in Grabber Blue. Can't wait to get the car. I have a VIN # and a build date. I know the feeling some people are experiencing, but like all new styles it eventually begins to grow on you. Anyway, if you don't like it, you don't buy it, right.

I own a 07 Wht Shelby GT and I'm buying the new 2010 GT500 in Grabber Blue. Can't wait to get the car. I have a VIN # and a build date. I know the feeling some people are experiencing, but like all new styles it eventually begins to grow on you. Anyway, if you don't like it, you don't buy it, right.

I own a 07 GT500 and a 2010 GT as a daily driver and it didn't take that long to see the evolution . The 2010 will grow on you over time. Soon the 07 will look kind of dated in a way. Don't get me wrong the 07 was and is a home run in design. Ford did a hell of a job on this car. I saw the 2010 Camaro on the Indy race and design wise maybe a double @ best but no home run. I will give GM an A for getting back in the game.

Agree with the above, and give GM all the credit in the world for offering their Pony car. The Camaro is a nice car but no GT500. The current generation Mustangs have it all over the bow tie machine.

The 2010 GT500 will serve their owners well and is obviously an upgraded version of the finest Mustang to date.

Harsh criticism of the '10 needs to be taken with a grain of salt and the source considered. There seem to be previous generation owners who resent the fact that Ford continues to market this blockbuster with its iconic badging and others generally sour about logically expected upgrades and refinements. Lets hope that this premium level continues to satisfy the targeted market segment with many more great years and versions to follow.

Unfortunenately these forums are filled with '07-'09 owners, myself included, because that is the car that brought this entire new Shelby movement back. It is porbably true to a degree that we are also jaded. Time will tell how we all look back at these cars. I think they will all be very desireable, '07's thu whenever they stop.

If I look to the past my personal order of years for Shelby is '67,'68,'65,'66,'69,'70. Everybody sees these things differently.

I like the front and rear on the '67 over the '68. I'll bet guys debated this back in those days, too. Probably now, too, I just don't go on their forums...

It is ok to talk about this stuff. We don't all have to just march in lock step at everything Ford and Shelby as some of you suggest.

I, personally love the '07-'09 as a very pure look. I also have already come to love the '10 GT500. At first it seemed a little too much in various ways, but it grew on me fast. Now I think it is awesome. If I didn't have the '08, I'd be at a dealer buying a '10, for sure.

It is funny but I would be most disappointed in the vert having smaller wheels than the coupe. I am a vert guy, so I would get a Vert, but it would be hard to stomach smaller wheels than the coupe buyers get. I know the technical reasons, but still, it would bug me... Same way it would bug me to have less HP in an automatic SS Camaro vs. a manual (not that I would buy an automatic anyway).

I saw a Roush two weeks ago, and I was blown away at how good it looked. Simply amazing styling. They really nailed it. I am sure when I see some GT500's I'll feel the same way.

We are all so lucky to live in this time period that these machines are being made. I used to feel that I missed out on the best cars years because I was born too late. I no longer feel that way. Even though the car manufacturers are all suffering, the stars have aligned and these are the best days of the IC engine powered cars. We will all look back at these days as the greatest, I am sure!

personally i think the 2010 is one hell of a nice looking car....better gut and the outside redo looks really good to me...oh well..in 5 years we will all be on here bitchin about how we are all forced into 3 cyclinder trash boxes with us debating the new "sporto" option for "the demanding enthusiast driver" with 65 BHP...could be a lot worse..2010 will be just fine..after 66 shelby made boats anyhow with warmed over T-bird motors ...i've heard this argument for at least the past 30 years

......Time will tell how we all look back at these cars. I think they will all be very desireable, '07's thu whenever they stop........

................It is ok to talk about this stuff. We don't all have to just march in lock step at everything Ford and Shelby as some of you suggest........

........We are all so lucky to live in this time period that these machines are being made........ We will all look back at these days as the greatest, I am sure!........

Well said! I ordered a 2010 Kona Blue vert a few weeks ago, and I can't wait!

post-25179-1243267375_thumb.jpgpost-25179-1243267495_thumb.jpg

Well said! I ordered a 2010 Kona Blue vert a few weeks ago, and I can't wait!

My first post........Kona Blue w/silver ordered....I've owned a 67 GT500 for many years and feel the 2010 may be the last. Love Ford for building the Shelby and the Ford GT. I'm blessed to own these fantastic cars and can hardly wait for the Kona to arrive. Great Forum and glad to be on here..........GO BLU

My first post........Kona Blue w/silver ordered....I've owned a 67 GT500 for many years and feel the 2010 may be the last. Love Ford for building the Shelby and the Ford GT. I'm blessed to own these fantastic cars and can hardly wait for the Kona to arrive. Great Forum and glad to be on here..........GO BLU

Congrats on the 2010 and welcome....... This is a Great Form......

Welcome! Knona Blu': I think you will enjoy this forum and get a lot of good info. from the guys on here. I just recently joined and I truly enjoy it. Enjoy the 2010, I know your excited like me to get behind the wheel. :shift: :happy feet:

My first post........Kona Blue w/silver ordered....

DAMM, I thought I would be the only one ordering a Kona blue w/silver stripes.... lol...

I decided on the vert...

I like the curves of the back end but I really don't care for that bottom spoiler thing...

Archived