TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford destroyed the 2010 GT500

rice1680

All this reaction to the 2010 GT500 will pass just like our reaction to the other model changes. Matter of fact I remember when we ALL hated the hood on the 2007 GT500 and why couldn't they just deliver the prototype hood. How many of us bought the 2007-2009 GT500 which included the ugly hood?.....I did. I have seen the 2010 GT including the plastic rear end....not nearly as bad in real life...this car does not photo very well. Everybody has their own opinion but this to will pass, in the mean time I will be enjoying my red with silver striped 2010 GT500 scheduled to be made the week of June 15th.

I agree with you there is some hype......but IMO the 2007-2009 hood looks better. Now picture the register vents at home in your floor....then look at the hood on the 2010 GT500. They look too similar for me. :lurk:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you there is some hype......but IMO the 2007-2009 hood looks better. Now picture the register vents at home in your floor....then look at the hood on the 2010 GT500. They look too similar for me. :lurk:

Well I personally now think the 2010 rear end looks better than the 07-09s. Its been growing on me.

+1

I also test drove it and I could not cut the rear tires loose on 2nd gear shift........

My 2005 Stock Mustang GT definatly would SPANK this 2010 Mustang GT......Wonder why????????

The 2010 GT does the 1/4 mile in 13.5 maybe you can't drive very well .You don't like the Shelby GT500 and you knock the GT so go buy that Camaro that you really like.

Okay.....And maybe Ill "SMOKE YOURS" with my 08 GT500???????? :hysterical:

At least you won't be laughin at my Shelby's Rear View............ :lurk:

I doubt it! Oh by the way I got my copy of Road and Track and it has a feature article on the Camaro SS, talk about but ugly, to heavy, does not handle well the Mustang GT has much better Slalom speed, and better lateral accel. numbers. The butt ugly GT with 110 less HP handle and performs better than the SS and the interior of the SS looks like the interior on a tonka toy. Please go buy one, I really think this car will make you happy. Meanwhile I be eating up some 2-lane country roads :shift: with my 2010 GT 500 The Last True American Muscle Car. Chevy will never have the opportunity to refine and groom out the SS and will never evolve into the class of car the GT 500 is. :happy feet: :hysterical:

The 2010 GT does the 1/4 mile in 13.5 maybe you can't drive very well .You don't like the Shelby GT500 and you knock the GT so go buy that Camaro that you really like.

I did not say that I "really like" the Camaro.........

I posted that the "Camaro and Challenger look Better" than the 2010 stang......

Sorry if this hurts your feelings????????????

Yeah this just isn't good...drives home the point it'll be a very long time (most of us dead and gone) before these are collectables. They'll depreciate like any other car and then maybe start going back up in 40 years. The following is from KBB.

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2Din or near 55379

April 15, 2009

Private Party Value1 $5,425 Trade-in Value2 $4,575

Mileage: 25,000

Condition: Excellent 3

Engine: V8 5.4L Supercharged

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

Drive: RWD

Equipment: Dual Front Air Bags, Power Door Locks, Leather, Navigation System, Rear Spoiler, Premium Sound, Air Conditioning, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Front Side Air Bags, Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo, MP3 (Multi CD), Cruise Control, Premium Wheels 19"+, Power Steering, Integrated Phone, Tilt Wheel

F150 Duke - 55379 (Shakopee) is my zip too... Not sure if you have seen the '06 CS8 around town...

I did not say that I "really like" the Camaro.........

I posted that the "Camaro and Challenger look Better" than the 2010 stang......

Sorry if this hurts your feelings????????????

Appology accepted !!! My CAR doesn't like be called ugly, it makes it real upset. Kind of like Clint Eastwoods donkey. So keep it real.

Hi

First I own a 2009 GT500 I love the car. I went to the Denver auto show yesterday and got to see the 2010 GT and GT500 up close in person. The gt is different but I don't hate it. The 2010 GT500 I hate this car. If I didn't have 2009 already I would buy a Vett or Camaro before a 2010 GT500. First the new hood is ugly, it is bad. The worst part of the car is the rear end. What in the f*** were they thinking. The inside is great except for the suede inserts in the seats, on shifter and brake handle. The seats in the GT were great I don't know what they were thinking with the GT500. At least the finaly put heated seats and radio controls on the steering wheel. I know I will get some nasty responses to this. First I will say I like the car until I saw it in person. You can saw what you want but it looks totally different in person. Side note who picked the weird blue color and red stripes, really bad choice. They also had the SVT Raptor it looks like a mean off road truck. Options listed a 6.2L engine, didn't know Ford made one.

Thanks for your opinion, suprised Ford doesn't just stop making the 010' Shelby and start over using the camaro for a guide :hysterical:

All you guys who for whatever reason don't like the 010' need to say in my opinion because none of you are the Gospel. Kinda like the radio if you don't like the music change the channel. Long live the 2010 Shelby GT 500.

Cobra09

the color of the car in denver was grabber blue i believe. you have to have a certain taste to dig that color i think. each to his own

This from the owner of a Grabber Orange car.

:hysterical:

Meant in good humor!

Drugs did.

Yep, drugs! As well, some on this tread must be on drugs too for trashing the 2010 GT500. To even hear Camaro used as a comparison or hearing Team Shelby members trashing the next generation design is dishartening. I'm not any particular manufacurer loyal. I've owned what I believe is the best for any particular year. I've owned GM's including an '87 GN back in the day, GTO's... I believe that the Shelby is the best. If I didn't I would save myself a lot of money and get something else. I can't wait for my 2010 GT500 to come in.

I consider myself lucky to have the current Mustang with all of it's options. Back in the 80's and 90's we had crap for cars. To hear people complain about the rear end of a 540HP car that does 12'3 in the 1/4 mile. These people don't deserve this car . It's easy to be a troll and knock something . But WE all know the smile this car gets mile after mile from us and the public. THANKS SVT and MR SHELBY !!

I consider myself lucky to have the current Mustang with all of it's options. Back in the 80's and 90's we had crap for cars. To hear people complain about the rear end of a 540HP car that does 12'3 in the 1/4 mile. These people don't deserve this car or respect it. That's all i can say

Your absolutely right.......But I do deserve and respect my 08GT500............ ;)

Your absolutely right.......But I do deserve and respect my 08GT500............ ;)

Lets see you own a 05 GT and a 08 GT500 well post some pictures .

Your the one pissing people off. WHY if you own this great car.

Well if there was a Topic on this forum "BASHING THE LOOKS" of the 07-09 GT500s, I would

only be P :censored: ed if I believed it to be a legitimate gripe.............

My posts here are in line with the topic as stated..........

Im sorry again if I hurt your feelings........ :)

Well if there was a Topic on this forum "BASHING THE LOOKS" of the 07-09 GT500s, I would

only be P :censored: ed if I believed it to be a legitimate gripe.............

My posts here are in line with the topic as stated..........

Im sorry again if I hurt your feelings........ :)

Where's the pictures of your 08 GT500 ? I don't believe you own one.

O'L DDT still at it blasting the 2010 rear end. I agree with MACH 1970 and 2010 GRABBER you say you own Mustangs but you are bashing them. Every person you discourage is one less car sold and one step closer to the end of the Muscle Car ERA. I think you should go ahead and order you one of the 2014 cars shown in Grabber's post because they are really some butt ugly cars. I believe thats more your style because if you truly loved Mustangs and Muscle Cars in general you would not say the things you say on this forum. :stop:

I consider myself lucky to have the current Mustang with all of it's options. THANKS SVT and MR SHELBY !!

I agree, I like the '09, and the '10. On the '10, I like the front end better than my '09. However, I like my hood better on the 09. The side profile of the 10 is really sweet, and looks good. The rear of the 10 is a bit disorganized, and I really love the retro look of the 09 rear. The clutch is likely better in the '10. Both models are great, so buy what you like with confidence........ :lurk:

Where's the pictures of your 08 GT500 ? I don't believe you own one.
O'L DDT still at it blasting the 2010 rear end. I agree with MACH 1970 and 2010 GRABBER you say you own Mustangs but you are bashing them. Every person you discourage is one less car sold and one step closer to the end of the Muscle Car ERA. I think you should go ahead and order you one of the 2014 cars shown in Grabber's post because they are really some butt ugly cars. I believe thats more your style because if you truly loved Mustangs and Muscle Cars in general you would not say the things you say on this forum. :stop:

Com-on DDt show us the Pics of those Beautiful Cars, That you own.

Your sure your not from the East Coast?

I enjoy All years Mustangs and Shelby's. Each has it's own personality.

Common now........Don't be "BASHING" the "REAR END"!!!!!!!!!

People are sensative here??????????

That is right people who are passonite about something they love can get sensative when that passion is attacked. But with people like you who have no passion and are just hecklers, are very insensative and inconsiderate. I personally like all mustangs so if you have one? I like it, why do you not like the one I have ordered? Maybe if I bought you one to you would become a passonite person. :glare:

Com-on DDt show us the Pics of those Beautiful Cars, That you own.

Your sure your not from the East Coast?

I enjoy All years Mustangs and Shelby's. Each has it's own personality.

Are you sure?????? I heard that 4cyl Mustangs was a well known "COMMUNIST PLOT"!!!!!!! :hysterical:

I consider myself lucky to have the current Mustang with all of it's options. Back in the 80's and 90's we had crap for cars. To hear people complain about the rear end of a 540HP car that does 12'3 in the 1/4 mile. These people don't deserve this car . It's easy to be a troll and knock something . But WE all know the smile this car gets mile after mile from us and the public. THANKS SVT and MR SHELBY !!

+1 Well said!! :happy feet:

Archived