TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford destroyed the 2010 GT500

rice1680

The GT 500 would attract a broader audience if it were available with an automatic transmission. While the automatic is certainly not for everyone, the GT 500 is in many ways an upscale luxury sports car and it just amazes me that the 2010 models did not come with an optional automatic transmission. The original GT 500s and GT 350s were available with automatic transmissions, so why not now?

edit - while I don't like the square vents and the rear taillights as much as the older models, I love the 2010 Mustangs, including the GT 500. I think "destroyed" is a harsh description. They took a lot of capabilities from the Bullitt/SGT and KR and incorporated them into the new GT and GT 500 which is great.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the auto show here in Austin on Friday. The GT500 went to someplace else other than here, but I got to sit in, touch, and seriously look at the 2010 Mustang GT. I love this car. The lines and curves of it are great. They even got smart and added a trunk release. Despite the initial photo's of the GT having the 07-09 GT500 rear fascia, this one didn't. The Grabber Blue color imo is a "powder puff" looking color. There's nothing about it that says "muscle car". This is simple to fix, order a different color.

I went to the auto show here in Austin on Friday. The GT500 went to someplace else other than here, but I got to sit in, touch, and seriously look at the 2010 Mustang GT. I love this car. The lines and curves of it are great. They even got smart and added a trunk release. Despite the initial photo's of the GT having the 07-09 GT500 rear fascia, this one didn't. The Grabber Blue color imo is a "powder puff" looking color. There's nothing about it that says "muscle car". This is simple to fix, order a different color.

I looked forever, read the entire owners manual, searched the internet, for where the truck release was on my '08GT500. Never found it, because, to my amazement, they deleted from the Mustangs. I am still in awe, that they thought that was an ok idea....

There was a 2010 GT500 Red Coupe at the Knotts Show today and they had it on a ramp with

it conveniently jacked up with the "BUTT UGLY" rear end high against the wall to make it hard

to see.......So obvious........ :hysterical:

Like the front end and the extra 40 HP..........

My 08 GT500 used to be "THE MOST POWERFUL FACTORY MUSTANG"............. :cry:

At least our 07-09s still look better???????? :happy feet:

The color stripes have changed for 2010. White cars get grabber blue stripes , no more vista blue ( Ford blue ) stripes. At the 45th ann. event i saw a 2010 kona blue with white stripes and i would buy it. But why do away with Ford blue racing stripes ?

To me the 2010 Shelby is a great looking car, just a little different from the 07-09. I own a 07 GT500 but like the 2010 just the same. But now there are some color combinations i would NEVER buy . Black with grabber blue or grabber blue with red .

I like it. So much that I ordered one. Grabber Blue with white stripes too. I like the prev year too, but like the overall like the 2010 better. I could have bought a leftover 2009 or a Challenger for less money, but like the improvements on the 2010. To each their own.

:happy feet: I whole heartedly agree. I ordered a 2010 Grabber Blue with White also. Time for a change.

Cobra 09

Destroyed is very harsh. They just didnt get everything right like the previous model. Actualy I am sort of glad they screwed up a bit otherwise I would have been upset at myself and Ford that I didnt wait to get the 2010.

I just cannot live with 2 things on the 2010 GT500, the heat extractors and the rear black plastic diaper otherwise it is beautiful. The side of the 2010 I can live with but the previous models defined flares look sooo meaner and much better. The front end looks meaner and better on the 2010(I likey). The rear from the top of the diaper up looks cool. The rear hips on the 2010 look cool but not defined enough you can hardly tell they are there but I am into verts and the verts look better without hips anyways(IMHO).

Also... I recently stopped into a ford dealer and they had a 2010 GT so I hopped in it to see why everyone is saying that the intererior is sooo much improved well... can someone PLEEEASE tell me what the hell I am missing and what is so much better about the new interior because the overall layout hasnt changed and I see NO major changes to make me say ooooo and aaahhh this is unbelieveable like everyone is clammering about???!!!. I seriously dont get it!!

+1

I also test drove it and I could not cut the rear tires loose on 2nd gear shift........

My 2005 Stock Mustang GT definatly would SPANK this 2010 Mustang GT......Wonder why????????

I REALLY hope you're saying a $5,300 difference and not $5,300 for the trade. I'm 99% sure that's what you're saying ($5,300 purchase difference)

Sorry, I was a sales consultant for Ford and used to saying out the door which means trade difference, tax, doc fees etc. The actual trade difference was $4600 approx.

Cobra09

• 4 weeks later...
I called my dealer today and was told that there is a "National Hold" on the 2010 GT500. So, we have a "he said, she said". Therefore, I called another local dealer and he also confirmed the "National Hold" with no expected build date. Tie breaker! You got my hopes up. You may want to confront your dealer as I believe he is feeding you a line of BS.

National hold = 'we manage supply so you pay ADM's'

Ooops.......We are talking GT500........O well, same "BUT UGLY" rear end???????? :hysterical:

Old DDT your just hung up on the Shelby rear end being butt ugly. I have looked at all your post about the 2010 and they are all negative. I know you have a mustang and to come on this forum and bash the mustang all the time is disturbing. I think you should trade your GT in for one of those ugly ass camaro's. :yup: :angry2:

Actually I see the Camaro and the Challenger looking better than the 2010 Stang and

even though I laugh and poke fun as others here do I am actually P :censored: ed at

the Ford shortcomming design........At the same time it makes me glad I did not wait

and am happy with the first version Retro Stangs that Really Stirred up the Market............ ;)

Actually I see the Camaro and the Challenger looking better than the 2010 Stang and

even though I laugh and poke fun as others here do I am actually P :censored: ed at

the Ford shortcomming design........At the same time it makes me glad I did not wait

and am happy with the first version Retro Stangs that Really Stirred up the Market............ ;)

Then go buy a Camaro or go to the 07- 09 Mustang GT forum since you don't like the 2010 Shelby or own one.

Then go buy a Camaro or go to the 07- 09 Mustang GT forum since you don't like the 2010 Shelby or own one.

Amen Brother! Most folks get along better with people who have the same likes and dislikes perhaps the old saying birds of a feather flock togeather. Maybe OL DDT done and hooked up with wrong flock :hysterical: .

Please dont overlook the fact that there are people like me who find the 2010 more appealing than the 07-09. I am not saying I don't like the 07-09 but I find the 2010 more aggressive. To each his own.

Please dont overlook the fact that there are people like me who find the 2010 more appealing than the 07-09. I am not saying I don't like the 07-09 but I find the 2010 more aggressive. To each his own.

Okay............. :)

Last night I took the '08 GT500 to the dealer and compared it to a 2010 GT (not a GT500) The only thing I liked better was the steering wheel had more buttons so you can keep your hands on the wheel while adjusting the stereo, etc. The front is different and could grow on me. The pictures I saw previously showed more defined angles which didn't appear as pronounced in person. The thing that would keep me from buying one is the rear of the car. IMO it is well.....butt ugly. The front and sides looks like a mustang but the rear doesn't seem to go with the rest of the car.

To each his own......We all have opinions and good thing they are different or we would all be driving around the same make, model, and color of car.

Hi

First I own a 2009 GT500 I love the car. I went to the Denver auto show yesterday and got to see the 2010 GT and GT500 up close in person. The gt is different but I don't hate it. The 2010 GT500 I hate this car. If I didn't have 2009 already I would buy a Vett or Camaro before a 2010 GT500. First the new hood is ugly, it is bad. The worst part of the car is the rear end. What in the f*** were they thinking. The inside is great except for the suede inserts in the seats, on shifter and brake handle. The seats in the GT were great I don't know what they were thinking with the GT500. At least the finaly put heated seats and radio controls on the steering wheel. I know I will get some nasty responses to this. First I will say I like the car until I saw it in person. You can saw what you want but it looks totally different in person. Side note who picked the weird blue color and red stripes, really bad choice. They also had the SVT Raptor it looks like a mean off road truck. Options listed a 6.2L engine, didn't know Ford made one.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

I am so glad that you and rice hate the GT500 and especially the rear end. I'll will say again please go by one of those Camaro's that you love so much and when every GT500 blows you off the road you can laugh as that butt ugly rear disappears into the sunset. If you get over to Mississippi Look me up and I will give you a ride in The Last American Muscle Car. :shift::peelout::rockon:

All this reaction to the 2010 GT500 will pass just like our reaction to the other model changes. Matter of fact I remember when we ALL hated the hood on the 2007 GT500 and why couldn't they just deliver the prototype hood. How many of us bought the 2007-2009 GT500 which included the ugly hood?.....I did. I have seen the 2010 GT including the plastic rear end....not nearly as bad in real life...this car does not photo very well. Everybody has their own opinion but this to will pass, in the mean time I will be enjoying my red with silver striped 2010 GT500 scheduled to be made the week of June 15th.

Guys,

Cars are meant for pleasure, not an investment. This is why I can't justifying buying a 66 GTO Vert. Too many people took them as invetsments and bumped up the price, versus buying them to drive and enjoy.

Take a GT, add a blower, tremec, suspension upgrades, CAI... and youre right up at a GT500 price. But with the GT500 it's all done and covered by the factory.

My $0.02

Amen Grabber... You know, the dealer where I almost bought my 2010 tried to jerk me for $5K over MSRP, tried to convince me to put a cover on it and seal it away for 30 years so I could make a REAL HUGE BUCK! I said EFF-YOU idiot, what is the sense in that, I want to drive this thing until the freakin wheels fall off. ENJOY IT! So I found another dealer who sold me my car for below MSRP...

All those Mecum auction cars, yeah they're gorgeous, but almost all of them are garage queens, barely get any miles put on them each year, and for what?

Why do we have so many haters here on this site? Dont bash another brothers Shelby, just cause its not just like yours... The 2010 is a beautiful car, and you know what, if they build 7500 of them, it will still be a cold day in hell where I'll see more than another 1 every month here in NJ. I see 100 Vettes a day, Challengers all over the place, etc. But the Shelby is still a rare piece. Everyone who knows I bought one is dying to see it, dying for a ride in it. You know why, because they just don't see them on the road all over the place. ENJOY THAT, its worth every cent you pay for this car, and as far as bang for the buck, its still a bargain... Sorry for the RANT! Peace Out...

Amen Grabber... You know, the dealer where I almost bought my 2010 tried to jerk me for $5K over MSRP, tried to convince me to put a cover on it and seal it away for 30 years so I could make a REAL HUGE BUCK! I said EFF-YOU idiot, what is the sense in that, I want to drive this thing until the freakin wheels fall off. ENJOY IT! So I found another dealer who sold me my car for below MSRP...

All those Mecum auction cars, yeah they're gorgeous, but almost all of them are garage queens, barely get any miles put on them each year, and for what?

Why do we have so many haters here on this site? Dont bash another brothers Shelby, just cause its not just like yours... The 2010 is a beautiful car, and you know what, if they build 7500 of them, it will still be a cold day in hell where I'll see more than another 1 every month here in NJ. I see 100 Vettes a day, Challengers all over the place, etc. But the Shelby is still a rare piece. Everyone who knows I bought one is dying to see it, dying for a ride in it. You know why, because they just don't see them on the road all over the place. ENJOY THAT, its worth every cent you pay for this car, and as far as bang for the buck, its still a bargain... Sorry for the RANT! Peace Out...

AMEN brother!

I am so glad that you and rice hate the GT500 and especially the rear end. I'll will say again please go by one of those Camaro's that you love so much and when every GT500 blows you off the road you can laugh as that butt ugly rear disappears into the sunset. If you get over to Mississippi Look me up and I will give you a ride in The Last American Muscle Car. :shift::peelout::rockon:

Okay.....And maybe Ill "SMOKE YOURS" with my 08 GT500???????? :hysterical:

At least you won't be laughin at my Shelby's Rear View............ :lurk:

Archived