TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford destroyed the 2010 GT500

rice1680

Hi

First I own a 2009 GT500 I love the car. I went to the Denver auto show yesterday and got to see the 2010 GT and GT500 up close in person. The gt is different but I don't hate it. The 2010 GT500 I hate this car. If I didn't have 2009 already I would buy a Vett or Camaro before a 2010 GT500. First the new hood is ugly, it is bad. The worst part of the car is the rear end. What in the f*** were they thinking. The inside is great except for the suede inserts in the seats, on shifter and brake handle. The seats in the GT were great I don't know what they were thinking with the GT500. At least the finaly put heated seats and radio controls on the steering wheel. I know I will get some nasty responses to this. First I will say I like the car until I saw it in person. You can saw what you want but it looks totally different in person. Side note who picked the weird blue color and red stripes, really bad choice. They also had the SVT Raptor it looks like a mean off road truck. Options listed a 6.2L engine, didn't know Ford made one.

i was at the denver auto show last saturday as well. I actually liked the apparance of the car. i thought the camaros were underwhelming at best. fugly really. The challengers were HUGE and looked like a big orange boat. the camaro and challenger will need a fair amount of work to compete with GT500.

the GT500 has lower stance and slightly more compact overall appearance. i thought the interior was better than 07-09 but that's not saying much. i like mine (2007 grabber orange) better but do not think the 2010's are bad. the color of the car in denver was grabber blue i believe. you have to have a certain taste to dig that color i think. each to his own but i would be proud to own a 2010. bottom line it still kicks ass and will spank any camaro or challenger out there stock or mod for mod. .... Ford is still on top of the muscle car wars.

I was IMPRESSED by the ZR-1.... had to change my underwear after looking that beauty over! :drool:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I received a call from my dealer on Monday saying that my GT500 order was in and that it had a May build schedule date and should expect delivery at the end of June or first week of July.

I called my dealer today and was told that there is a "National Hold" on the 2010 GT500. So, we have a "he said, she said". Therefore, I called another local dealer and he also confirmed the "National Hold" with no expected build date. Tie breaker! You got my hopes up. You may want to confront your dealer as I believe he is feeding you a line of BS.

I called my dealer today and was told that there is a "National Hold" on the 2010 GT500. So, we have a "he said, she said". Therefore, I called another local dealer and he also confirmed the "National Hold" with no expected build date. Tie breaker! You got my hopes up. You may want to confront your dealer as I believe he is feeding you a line of BS.

I called both my local dealers and they told me that if I ordered now, they confirmed that I could have the car end of June. So this is becoming very odd. They have a GT500 that's being delivered in 2 weeks that I'm going to look at too.

I called both my local dealers and they told me that if I ordered now, they confirmed that I could have the car end of June. So this is becoming very odd. They have a GT500 that's being delivered in 2 weeks that I'm going to look at too.

Just called again and confirmed they have a black on black coupe GT500 coming in for a May 11th delivery that has a status of released for a stock inventory vehicle (too bad it wasn't another color or I'd jump on it).

I actually like the 2010 look better- freaky rear and all. Add in the better handling (according to the rags), increased horsepower, and nicer interior. Can't wait to order myself one!!! :D

same here, I was all set to buy a 2009 then saw the spy photos and rumors on the 2010 and decided to wait a little bit. I love the new body, performance, and upgraded interior. I'm still not a big fan of the seats but that's the only thing. looking forward to getting a red convertible this fall.

Hey, guys Just wanted to say I bought a 2008 GT500 in december and then by january the 2010's photos were released! I am super happy I got the 2008. I wanted a 2009 but the 2008 was everything I wanted minus the sirus! For the 2010 model it looks cool in the front but the back end and seats are horrible. Sorry but thats my .02cents. A little birdy told me and a good source that big Gas restrictions will be here by 2012! :banghead: thats right so get a 2011 GT500 will have the all aluminum block plus will be the probally the best and last of all 3 high output cars! I am a avid ford owner and love my 2008 GT500 but I want a camaro too! so I am getting a 2011 Camaro just to make sure I got 2 of the best cars!

cheers my shelby members

Hey, guys Just wanted to say I bought a 2008 GT500 in december and then by january the 2010's photos were released! I am super happy I got the 2008. I wanted a 2009 but the 2008 was everything I wanted minus the sirus! For the 2010 model it looks cool in the front but the back end and seats are horrible. Sorry but thats my .02cents. A little birdy told me and a good source that big Gas restrictions will be here by 2012! :banghead: thats right so get a 2011 GT500 will have the all aluminum block plus will be the probally the best and last of all 3 high output cars! I am a avid ford owner and love my 2008 GT500 but I want a camaro too! so I am getting a 2011 Camaro just to make sure I got 2 of the best cars!

cheers my shelby members

While not beyond the realm of possibility for Ford to put the aluminum block in the 2011 (as the 5.4 alum block already exists), it would be suprising to see it just 1 year after the car is "refreshed". Though there have been several rumors floating out there, some definitely more credible than others.

However, the 2012 death of the GT500 is extremely doubtful. There is a youtube video of Carroll signing some sort of a 10 year deal with Ford, though it's not known exactly what the deal outlines, what else are they delivering besides the mustang lineup? I've read nothing of new gas restrictions in 2012. That alone will kill tons of cars, trucks and suvs besides the GT500 and would be getting more press then the casual heresy. I just don't think you'd see Ford investing as much as they did in the GT500 suspension tuning if 2011 was the last year.

Time will tell, just haven't seen much supporting documentation or references for a 2012 death.

Again I have only seen pictures but still don`t like the rear, or the hood but will have to wait & see one in person to decide Only my 2.cts.

I just traded a 2009 for a Grabber Blue with White Stripe 2010. Very excited and hoping it comes in soon. I had planned to install a cold air kit and a short throw shifter and a tune on my 09 but considering I have a year newer car and it comes with those items standard and I got what I think is a fantastic trade, I am happy, the only problem is the car is built and sitting on a lot in Mich. the Estimated Delivery to Dealer said TBD, to be determined.

I just traded a 2009 for a Grabber Blue with White Stripe 2010. Very excited and hoping it comes in soon. I had planned to install a cold air kit and a short throw shifter and a tune on my 09 but considering I have a year newer car and it comes with those items standard and I got what I think is a fantastic trade, I am happy, the only problem is the car is built and sitting on a lot in Mich. the Estimated Delivery to Dealer said TBD, to be determined.

Mind me asking what you got for a trade? Was it at least decent? I'm just a little disappointed after reading the car connection review that says Ford plans on building at least 7,000 per year and more if they all sell. Definitely doesn't make the GT500 a collector car anymore.

:shift: How many gt 500s are we going to end up with- not a scarce car that's for sure- In my mind the 07 is the true gt 500- the 40th anniversery- the rest of the years are model changes with the gt 500 tag- first year production cars like the gt 500 always end up on the highest scale in value down the road- the 2010 has features you found only on the ford town car. Navigation on the drag strip or road racing- heated seats- the 07s seem to fit the Shelby word the best- What's next a retractible hardtop- the beat goes on.

:shift: How many gt 500s are we going to end up with- not a scarce car that's for sure- In my mind the 07 is the true gt 500- the 40th anniversery- the rest of the years are model changes with the gt 500 tag- first year production cars like the gt 500 always end up on the highest scale in value down the road- the 2010 has features you found only on the ford town car. Navigation on the drag strip or road racing- heated seats- the 07s seem to fit the Shelby word the best- What's next a retractible hardtop- the beat goes on.

Yeah this just isn't good...drives home the point it'll be a very long time (most of us dead and gone) before these are collectables. They'll depreciate like any other car and then maybe start going back up in 40 years. The following is from KBB.

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2Din or near 55379

April 15, 2009

Private Party Value1 $5,425 Trade-in Value2 $4,575

Mileage: 25,000

Condition: Excellent 3

Engine: V8 5.4L Supercharged

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

Drive: RWD

Equipment: Dual Front Air Bags, Power Door Locks, Leather, Navigation System, Rear Spoiler, Premium Sound, Air Conditioning, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Front Side Air Bags, Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo, MP3 (Multi CD), Cruise Control, Premium Wheels 19"+, Power Steering, Integrated Phone, Tilt Wheel

Mind me asking what you got for a trade? Was it at least decent? I'm just a little disappointed after reading the car connection review that says Ford plans on building at least 7,000 per year and more if they all sell. Definitely doesn't make the GT500 a collector car anymore.

I think we're FAR from this point right now... We kind of had the same issue with the '07-09 (selling more than was first advertised). But, then it also allowed someone like me to own one. Works for me!!

I was at the Barrett Jackson auction last week in West Palm Beach and had a chance to see the 2010 GT500. They had a total of 3 there including the one they auctioned off. I have to say I really liked it and the rear end has really grown on me. They had several 09 GT500 and GT500KRs around the Grabber Blue 2010 so you could see them almost side by side. I think I like my 09 better but the 2010 looks really nice as well. They had a convertible 2010 gt500 turned on it's side so you could get a really good look at the interior. It looked really good and the striping on the seats was pretty sharp. I think it definately looks better in person. Overall great show and it was awesome to see Caroll Shelby in person.

Ford's spokesperson for the GT500 in 2006 made it clear in a direct statement to the automotive press that this great car would be made available to anyone willing and able to purchase one. Ford at this point has obviously made good on their promise. The 500 is a great success story and has a large per unit profit margin for the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, many enthusiasts and early buyers adopted the mindset that this was an offering with a finite number of units to be delivered. It is indeed wonderfull to see that Ford is capable of building these exciting, beautifull machines with the real possibility of further increases in performance on the horizon. Hopefully interest and sales remain at a level where Ford continues the evolution of the Mustang.

Yeah this just isn't good...drives home the point it'll be a very long time (most of us dead and gone) before these are collectables. They'll depreciate like any other car and then maybe start going back up in 40 years. The following is from KBB.

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2Din or near 55379

April 15, 2009

Private Party Value1 $5,425 Trade-in Value2 $4,575

Mileage: 25,000

Condition: Excellent 3

Engine: V8 5.4L Supercharged

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

Drive: RWD

Equipment: Dual Front Air Bags, Power Door Locks, Leather, Navigation System, Rear Spoiler, Premium Sound, Air Conditioning, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Front Side Air Bags, Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo, MP3 (Multi CD), Cruise Control, Premium Wheels 19"+, Power Steering, Integrated Phone, Tilt Wheel

Uhmmm, $5425 & $4575 what are those numbers?

Uhmmm, $5425 & $4575 what are those numbers?

It’s what KBB lists as the private party resale and what the trade-in values are. Obviously something isn’t right, but it’s not good either having that show up on a KBB search. It’s just disconcerting to see the car depreciate as you would see any other car out there. You’d think it’d have a better chance as a performance Shelby car, but obviously that’s not the case with dozens on ebay, craigslist and at local dealerships. Oh well, doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s still a really nice car. Just is annoying to listen to dealerships say it’s “rare”.

Guys,

Cars are meant for pleasure, not an investment. This is why I can't justifying buying a 66 GTO Vert. Too many people took them as invetsments and bumped up the price, versus buying them to drive and enjoy.

Take a GT, add a blower, tremec, suspension upgrades, CAI... and youre right up at a GT500 price. But with the GT500 it's all done and covered by the factory.

My $0.02

Again I have only seen pictures but still don`t like the rear, or the hood but will have to wait & see one in person to decide Only my 2.cts.

You know all I am hearing is the rear end, rear end well...... Only those wiseacres pushing for a rumble will be looking at the rear end so who cares! :)

FC

Take a GT, add a blower, tremec, suspension upgrades, CAI... and youre right up at a GT500 price. But with the GT500 it's all done and covered by the factory.

My $0.02

You know? Sometimes I don't know whether to tell people it's stock because... its been modified... just from the factory :-) I think the 5.4L will handle the abuse a little better than the 4.6L too. But yep, all done and covered. :happy feet: :happy feet:

traded for $5,300 out the door.

Blessings,

Al

You know all I am hearing is the rear end, rear end well...... Only those wiseacres pushing for a rumble will be looking at the rear end so who cares! :)

FC

Are you serious? What do you mean. It should look nice so that all the competition has at least something nice to look at.

It's what KBB lists as the private party resale and what the trade-in values are. Obviously something isn't right, but it's not good either having that show up on a KBB search. It's just disconcerting to see the car depreciate as you would see any other car out there. You'd think it'd have a better chance as a performance Shelby car, but obviously that's not the case with dozens on ebay, craigslist and at local dealerships. Oh well, doesn't take away from the fact that it's still a really nice car. Just is annoying to listen to dealerships say it's "rare".

The GT500 value is not available on KBB is not available. It states: "Because the market for this trim level is unusually small, specialized or otherwise unique, we are not able to report a Trade-In value."

The NADA shows 35700 trade and 39750 retail.

The GT500 value is not available on KBB is not available. It states: "Because the market for this trim level is unusually small, specialized or otherwise unique, we are not able to report a Trade-In value."

The NADA shows 35700 trade and 39750 retail.

I can only tell you what I did. Went to yahoo.com, clicked on autos, clicked on Kelly Blue Book, selected 2007, Mustang, then there is a Shelby GT500 trim option.

I can only tell you what I did. Went to yahoo.com, clicked on autos, clicked on Kelly Blue Book, selected 2007, Mustang, then there is a Shelby GT500 trim option.

go directly to KBB.com and you get totally different numbers from yahoo.

Archived