TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OEM Locking Gas Cap

I previously posted this on the GT500 forum, but this might be of interest to all Mustang owners.

I installed a Motorcraft locking gas cap part number is 8L3Z-9030-E. It looks just like the stock cap.

LK_Cap_1.jpgLK_Cap.jpg

I pryed off the button that secures the plastic strap with a plastic prybar and popped the new one in place - simple!

LK_Cap_Instl.jpgLK_Cap_Instl_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
I previously posted this on the GT500 forum, but this might be of interest to all Mustang owners.

I installed a Motorcraft locking gas cap part number is 8L3Z-9030-E. It looks just like the stock cap.

LK_Cap_1.jpgLK_Cap.jpg

I pryed off the button that secures the plastic strap with a plastic prybar and popped the new one in place - simple!

LK_Cap_Instl.jpgLK_Cap_Instl_1.jpg

Great Info since the dealer I purchased from were unable to help me!!!

=-=-=-=

Good idea. While I was parked at a supper club some jerk loosened (removed) my gas cap so the check engine light would come on. Fortunately, on the Mustang it tells you the fuel cap is loose so some of his/her fun was muted. It did cross my mind that the same idiot could have added something to my tank but apparently that did not happen. I am going to order the locking cap since nice cars sometimes attract disturbed individuals who for whatever reason want to inflict pain on the owner - they seem to especially hate Fords.

Archived