TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Events @ 45th

stngfever

Thursday 4/16

While the cruise to Homewood has been filled for a while now, local Team Shelby Member al_ellison has details for those that would like to unofficially join in on this. Send a p.m. to al_ellison for more details.

Thursday 4/16 - Sunday 4/19

Team Shelby Parking Coral. You must be on the list to park in this coral. Deadline for this is 4/6. Send p.m. to stngfever with first and last name used to register for the show as well as your 45th registration number.

Friday 4/17

Join Team Shelby at the BAER BRAKE SYSTEMS MUSTANG 45th BIRTHDAY PARTY on Friday, April 17, at 6:00pm at Ted's Garage.

Enjoy Mustangs on display, Mustang movies, interaction with Mustang enthusiasts and special guests, and delicious Southern barbecue.

Tickets won't be available at the door, so go to http://www.Mustang45th.com to get yours now!

Tickets are 15 dollars each.

Saturday 4/18 10:00 a.m.

Meet at the Mustang Challenge Hauler in the Paddock area as fellow team member JeffJ will provide a tour of the Mustang Challenge Paddock and cars. Here's what Jeff had to say: Today, I've secured a couple special guests to be there also. They both have a bunch of Trans-Am racing history with Ford. They are a couple of pretty special folks with a depth of racing history. Their initials are SP and TK. One has his own show on Speed and the other is a current driver in the Grand-Am Rolex series and a guest driver at some Nascar Sprint Cup events. That should be enough hints! Feel free to bring your friends. I'm making this a special get together for TS participants, but all are welcome.

Sunday 4/19 (as soon as a time is nailed down will inform all participants)

Track Parade laps/photo ops. Be sure to purchase a ticket for this starting on Friday @ the MCA tent.

We're working with MCA to secure a time slot for Team Shelby members to Parade as a group!

I have a question. On this schedule it states parking in the corral starts Friday. But the show field opens thursday morning. So are you saying we cant park in the corral till Friday? So then we need to park on the show field on Thursday, get a space and then move over to the shelby corral? Or do you open on Thursday like the rest of the show field?

I have a question. On this schedule it states parking in the corral starts Friday. But the show field opens thursday morning. So are you saying we cant park in the corral till Friday? So then we need to park on the show field on Thursday, get a space and then move over to the shelby corral? Or do you open on Thursday like the rest of the show field?

My mistake :banghead:

It's corrected now. It is Thursday - Sunday.

As I am driving the Pace car there, will it be easy to get in and out of the corral during the day?

Easy enough. Obviously the show desires for the cars to stay put during show hours, but you can go and come, if necessary. Mention this to the Magic City Mustangs parking assistant when you arrive.

Not going to bring the SS, but I am going to bring the MM!!

Wife gave me the kitchen pass. Looks like Ill leaving early so that I can get there in time for the special tour.

Look forward to seeing everyone in AL!!!

MM

Sweet Michael! Gotta love a wife that doesn't run out of kitchen passes!

Also I signed up for the friday event.

Wife gave me the kitchen pass. Looks like Ill leaving early so that I can get there in time for the special tour.

MM

Wait a minute!

Part of the deal we struck on the car, was for you to bring the SS to Birmingham for the 45th.

MM

Now wait just a minute, I'm in MI bringing my Shelby to Birmingham and your in GA not bringing the SS?

That just isn't right!

We don't have a SS in the coral as of yet.

Bring the SS!

Now wait just a minute, I'm in MI bringing my Shelby to Birmingham and your in GA not bringing the SS?

That just isn't right!

We don't have a SS in the coral as of yet.

Bring the SS!

+1

Come on MM bring the SS...this is where one else joins in .

Vic

Amy stated on another thread that Carroll won't be at this event :cry:

Thanks, I had heard otherwise from someone in Birmingham, so I wanted to post the question here where I though there might me better info.

Only one more week!

This is gonna be a great show.

The parade/photo op is going to be cool.

Do you know how much tickets are? Also I am most likely coming down Saturday, the tickets should still be for sale then right?

I believe they will be $10 and yes they will be for sale on Saturday. Buy it as soon as you get there on Saturday, as there could be a limit.

If you get a chance to parade the track, definitly do it. There are quite a few sculptures around the track that can only be seen from the track. Keep your eyes open to the woods. Barber without a doubt is one of the most beautiful road coarses in the country.

Archived