TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH The Legend Returns

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got one when they first came out. Nice to have, but disappointed. Its a bunch of pictures and emails. Looks like one of those books you can make at Kodak using your own pictures. I think they did this just to satisfy us and make a few bucks. I looked at it once and now it is in my trunk. I hope someone comes along and publishes a proper book. My two cents. Casey

I got one when they first came out. Nice to have, but disappointed. Its a bunch of pictures and emails. Looks like one of those books you can make at Kodak using your own pictures. I think they did this just to satisfy us and make a few bucks. I looked at it once and now it is in my trunk. I hope someone comes along and publishes a proper book. My two cents. Casey

While I was pretty disappointed also, I looked at it again the other day and took it for what it was. Eventhough it is just pictures and e-mails, those pictures and e-mails give a great story of how quickly this entire program came together. It's pretty rare that you will get that type of internal comunication in such a public format. I'm very glad that Amy at least took the time to put that information together for us. Now that we know how limited the publication was on this, it would probably be good to take pretty good care of this book! This is really a great compilation of the beginings of this program. I agree that someday a book could be done. With all the info from this site, the book, all the magazines it's quite a story. Problem is, with only a 1,000 copies of the GT-H in total, the book certainly wouldn't be a best seller!! :salute:

While I was pretty disappointed also, I looked at it again the other day and took it for what it was. Eventhough it is just pictures and e-mails, those pictures and e-mails give a great story of how quickly this entire program came together. It's pretty rare that you will get that type of internal comunication in such a public format. I'm very glad that Amy at least took the time to put that information together for us. Now that we know how limited the publication was on this, it would probably be good to take pretty good care of this book! This is really a great compilation of the beginings of this program. I agree that someday a book could be done. With all the info from this site, the book, all the magazines it's quite a story. Problem is, with only a 1,000 copies of the GT-H in total, the book certainly wouldn't be a best seller!! :salute:

Point well taken. 40 years from now we will grab at anything related to these cars. I know cause I spent years trying to recreate the story, pics and interviews for the 68 california special mustang (less than 4000 made). Thanks Jeff. Casey

[i called and was told the book is no longer for sale :banghead:

seen that they had a book. when you guys get yours in post comments. i will probably break down and purchase. anyone have an extra copy of the mph or mustang monthly. those two slipped away from me. i have not seen any listings on e-bay lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like there might be enough intrest in these books to print some more copies, I was not aware that it was limited to just a few copies and also did not get either book. Being a GT-H and SGT owner would be interested in buying both books.

There are a lot of Hertz and GT-H specific items out there that will disappear over time. Other items, include the various national magazine articles, the SAAC club magazine with the GT-Hs on the cover, press release photos / cards, GT-H specific Sirius Radio guide, 2006 Hertz Corp Annual Report with a picture of the GT-H, the "Hertz World" employee magazine with the 2006 GT-H on the cover, the two 24x36 GT-H 2006 Hertz Corp posters, GT-H Hertz executive specific packaged 1:18 die cast car, the two versions of the GT-H hat (both very rare already) , the 1:64 SAI issued GT-H die cast cars, plastic "Hertz" key tags, Hertz GT-H magazine ads, Hertz ad video with Carroll Shelby, "40th anniversary" GT-H trunk emblems (super rare), 2006 GT-H "40th Anniversary" floor mats-black with gold stripes (still available from SAI), GT-H decals with the Berg snake, GT-H radio control car, GT-H 1:24 plastic model kit. I probably forgot some items but would recommend using Ebay search item "Hertz" or GT-H" to find some of these items or visit the Shelby Performance Parts site as some of the items are still available. Good luck hunting. Larry

There are a lot of Hertz and GT-H specific items out there that will disappear over time. Other items, include the various national magazine articles, the SAAC club magazine with the GT-Hs on the cover, press release photos / cards, GT-H specific Sirius Radio guide, 2006 Hertz Corp Annual Report with a picture of the GT-H, the "Hertz World" employee magazine with the 2006 GT-H on the cover, the two 24x36 GT-H 2006 Hertz Corp posters, GT-H Hertz executive specific packaged 1:18 die cast car, the two versions of the GT-H hat (both very rare already) , the 1:64 SAI issued GT-H die cast cars, plastic "Hertz" key tags, Hertz GT-H magazine ads, Hertz ad video with Carroll Shelby, "40th anniversary" GT-H trunk emblems (super rare), 2006 GT-H "40th Anniversary" floor mats-black with gold stripes (still available from SAI), GT-H decals with the Berg snake, GT-H radio control car, GT-H 1:24 plastic model kit. I probably forgot some items but would recommend using Ebay search item "Hertz" or GT-H" to find some of these items or visit the Shelby Performance Parts site as some of the items are still available. Good luck hunting. Larry

I 100% agree, these items are getting more difficult to find, can someone scan a copy of the SAAC club magazine with the GT-H on the cover? better yet is someone has an extra and is interested in selling or trading for it let me know I have a pretty good collection of GT500, Shelby GT and GT350 magazines that may be of interest.

these items were hard to find 3 years ago. lol try to find now pay an arm and a leg for and believe me i have been looking..

Hey Gene I'll give you a arm and a leg when you do find one! :lol:

Seems like there might be enough intrest in these books to print some more copies, I was not aware that it was limited to just a few copies and also did not get either book. Being a GT-H and SGT owner would be interested in buying both books.

I've looked into it and the official answer is that these books will not be printed again.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

hmmm. thats a good one. pm me or sent e-mail to

gene64cobra@juno.com let me know..

Go for it Gene! This is your chance, but I might even get in the fray. :spend:

I found it first so I won't give you a arm and a leg. :yahoo:

Go for it Gene! This is your chance, but I might even get in the fray. :spend:

I found it first so I won't give you a arm and a leg. :yahoo:

i just missed out on the MPH aug 2006 issue. max bid 126 sold for 148. and now this is allready at 202. nuts are you serious.

i will find one one day cheaper than that. good luck. i get it completely and one day i will profit from what i have too.. :yahoo:

Yes $200 is much, dont remember what they sold for.

SA: If you are reading this, you should RE-PRINT say 50 to 100 copies, I guarantee you you can sell them for $100 each. Hell, sell me the license for reprint and I will give 25% back to Carroll's Foundation

Wow, crazy. Almost makes me want to sell mine. NOT! It's just getting dusty in the garage. I can't believe the MPH magazine is going for that kind of money also. I know a few people at Shelby said that this book will never go back to print. I guess I better keep better care of mine.

Well you can count me out! That auction is way out of my price range. It would be interesting who on this forum is bidding it up. My guess is Gene, right Gene? :yup:

Yes $200 is much, dont remember what they sold for.

SA: If you are reading this, you should RE-PRINT say 50 to 100 copies, I guarantee you you can sell them for $100 each. Hell, sell me the license for reprint and I will give 25% back to Carroll's Foundation

robert, sharon are you guys listining????

Archived