TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The value of a used 07 Shelby

tiger mark2

So far good news overall for the Shelby as I've only seen one used one ever go on EBAY ($54000 for a white/blue hardtop) and none anywhere else. Having owned my since July I see why there are none for sale, whether they wheelhop or not :headspin:

I love driving mine so much but somehow in the back of my head I'll hurt the value of the car long term by putting on 4-5000 miles per year.

Any thoughts on resale or how many miles to drive our cars without hurting value. I wish I had the $$ to not care.

So far good news overall for the Shelby as I've only seen one used one ever go on EBAY ($54000 for a white/blue hardtop) and none anywhere else. Having owned my since July I see why there are none for sale, whether they wheelhop or not :headspin:

I love driving mine so much but somehow in the back of my head I'll hurt the value of the car long term by putting on 4-5000 miles per year.

Any thoughts on resale or how many miles to drive our cars without hurting value. I wish I had the $$ to not care.

If i had paid 10 or 15 or even $20,000 or more I be really worried about resale for I believe anything you buy will be sold at one time or another.

I have no intentions of selling my cobra but working for a Ford store, luckily I didnt pay alot over sticker to get my Shelby thats due 11/29/06.

If ford does a 2 year run .. which I think contractually they have to with Carroll Shelby ... that was the deal ... than the value will hold ... maybe not at $20,000 over but I think the car will hold full MSRP or maybe more

dond

post-7556-1163603178_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1163603178_thumb.jpg

I hope I'm wrong, but I think 1badsho is being a bit optimistic. When I bought my 96, I was told by many it would hold its value, at least MSRP, for a long time. I didn't believe it, and it hasn't. Mine has high mileage (but it's a cherry--babied like you wouldn't believe), yet I've seen 97 & 98 Cobras in the paper, low mileage, for 13 -15K! I think my 07 will do a bit better, but they are building at least 15K Shelby GT500s; it's not going to be that rare. I'm going to drive mine, hopefully keep it forever, take exceedingly good care of it, and enjoy every mile.

CC

If your worried about value & the number of miles you shouldn't have bought :banghead: the car. Their are too many StangsUnleashed Members willing to take your car & put the miles on it :doh:

You are worried about driving the car because you are worried about affecting it's resale value?

Why'd you buy the car then? It's going to depreciate like any other vehicle and if you paid over MSRP which is more than likely, you'd have to put this thing in a time capsule and not drive it at all for 10 years to see just your initial investment returned nevermind 'making money' on the deal.

You bought it, drive it and have fun with it. It's a car at the end of the day, so drive it and enjoy it. :idea:

it was built to drive , i plan on useing mine just i do my GT a nice weather car for shows and pleasure driveing. i did cringe when i saw 1 at a local cruise in it was dirty ,after talking with the owner he could care less his words " at the end of the day its just a mustang ". i also see the owner of the local ford dealership drive his in pouring rain , it was sitting outside the dealership in the rain a week or so ago. :doh:

it was built to drive , i plan on useing mine just i do my GT a nice weather car for shows and pleasure driveing. i did cringe when i saw 1 at a local cruise in it was dirty ,after talking with the owner he could care less his words " at the end of the day its just a mustang ". i also see the owner of the local ford dealership drive his in pouring rain , it was sitting outside the dealership in the rain a week or so ago. :doh:

It's not a Mustang? :idea:

We got ours used. Pick it up tomorrow. It was a Ebay no sale that i contacted and made a deal with after the sale. We got a fair deal 55k vert. We are happy considering what most are still selling new for. I can save several thousand by not being there to watch it come off the truck and put the first few hundered miles on it. Makes me happy and i get a shelby for a fair price to boot.

Tammy

We got ours used. Pick it up tomorrow. It was a Ebay no sale that i contacted and made a deal with after the sale. We got a fair deal 55k vert. We are happy considering what most are still selling new for. I can save several thousand by not being there to watch it come off the truck and put the first few hundered miles on it. Makes me happy and i get a shelby for a fair price to boot.

Tammy

How many miles did it have on it ?

1900 miles. It'll have 1k more by the time my husband drives it tomorrow from mo to ga. He's flying out tomorrow to meet the guy and pick it up. I can't sleep already wanting to get my car home. I'm so excited the first thing i'm gonna get done is take that strip off the side of it. I don't like it. We are going out of town as soon as he gets back with the car and that'll be high on my things to do list next week. He wanted 59 BIN on ebay. He was very fair i feel.

1900 miles. It'll have 1k more by the time my husband drives it tomorrow from mo to ga. He's flying out tomorrow to meet the guy and pick it up. I can't sleep already wanting to get my car home. I'm so excited the first thing i'm gonna get done is take that strip off the side of it. I don't like it. We are going out of town as soon as he gets back with the car and that'll be high on my things to do list next week. He wanted 59 BIN on ebay. He was very fair i feel.

So your going to remove the STRIPE?

Thanks Rob did'nt mean to be a b. Man i just got the little angles to bed all but two. The 4 month old and 14yo is up but they are good. The triplets (6yo) are to BED!!! YES there all 5 girls. Oh the hormones in this house i don't know how my husband copes sometimes.LOL

Yeah stripe. Geesh i'm gonna get off the boards and go to bed the spelling police are on me tonight second post in a row. Just in a rush. I have 5 kids and i was just trying to be a part of the forum. Thanks

Tammy

Yikes, 5 kids? It's probably about the same level of maturity in your house as it is in any particular thread I'm in then. :hysterical:

Welcome to the forum Tammy...we need to learn to bring the newbies on more gently.

Dave

Thanks Rob did'nt mean to be a b. Man i just got the little angles to bed all but two. The 4 month old and 14yo is up but they are good. The triplets (6yo) are to BED!!! YES there all 5 girls. Oh the hormones in this house i don't know how my husband copes sometimes.LOL

Tammy, If you ever need a good Van, SGT500 just got a killer deal for his wife thru Alloy Dave.

Ya'll are on a roll tonight. BTW we are in the "business" so i have a expedition to haul our sweet little angels in. :shift: It's great to meet you all tonight i've read your posts for a while but now getting the car tomorrow i feel more comfortable joining in the fun with you. Some of you i see in the svt and way back when i posted in the mach 1 forums. I love this and the svt forums. I got some great advise and surpised my husband with an 03 cobra in december of 02 for a christmas gift. Already had a great QMP exhaust installed and cai. But the for some reason i'll never understand he decided to sell it. YEP he DID. Now who's car is this guys? Lets all say this together Tammy's CAR! :hyper: This car is gonna be played with awhile then put up in the garage.

It was probably Rob's fault ...beware, he hangs with the Moderator.

Bill, shhhhh

You have to be vewy vewy quiet about this.

EvilGT and I just worked out the details on the alliance. :drool:

If you want in, there is only one requirement.

She makes you join "MY Space". :camera:

It may sound, well, childish...but the benifit of having a moderator in your back pocket makes it well worth it.

I could put a few words in for you and pull some strings to get you into the alliance. :grouphug:

Well...?

:shades:

? I think a Mod has been messing with us? Sending us PM's that look like they are from other members?

It's an ambush men...pull back....pull back!!!!

Last night I cought a moderator (Kaylin) going deep undercover. He has a double identity. The force is with him. He transformed into "Staff Stangs" and went in and edited some of my posts. I do not doubt that he has the power to mess with the PM's too.

I watched him do this in the my profiles section. I am working on obtaining these powers thru my connections. I will keep you posted!

Archived