TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stage 2

This week has been the first opportunity to really lay into the car since the installation of the stage 2 on, along with the dual bypass intercooler from Lethal Performance. This things screams. Once you in third triple digits come up very quick. Stopped by the dealer to pickup a part today and took my saleman for a ride since I promised him one when I ordered it. His words.....this is the fastest car I have ever been in.

I know there are more upgrades, bigger blower, etc. but this car is very quick with just a stage 2

This week has been the first opportunity to really lay into the car since the installation of the stage 2 on, along with the dual bypass intercooler from Lethal Performance. This things screams. Once you in third triple digits come up very quick. Stopped by the dealer to pickup a part today and took my saleman for a ride since I promised him one when I ordered it. His words.....this is the fastest car I have ever been in.

I know there are more upgrades, bigger blower, etc. but this car is very quick with just a stage 2

Awesome.....my stage 2 goes in on the 22nd. Did you swap gears? Any suspension mods?

Awesome.....my stage 2 goes in on the 22nd. Did you swap gears? Any suspension mods?

I left the gears stock for now. I read a lot of posts and looked at timeslips. Seems like there is a division of how useful first is once you got to 3.73's. I might down the road but I think there are better bangs for the buck right now.....like tires.

Currently have stock ones and they work well with Traction control on but when its off they are all over the place.

Other mods were LCA (grabberized) from Lethal Performance and SVt1 axle back exhaust. Also next Friday I am having the one piece driveshaft and loop installed. Then I will feel like launching it without hurting something.

Good luck with your stage 2.....its a totally different car. Make sure you get the A/F ratio checked. We had to add 4% fuel on the top half of the RPM curse to keep it below 12:1.

I agree with you. Although there are ways to make substantially more power, Stage 2 is plenty quick for me and great bang for the buck!

Whos stage 2 did you go with, and is the stage two basically the cai, tuner, and pulley?

Stage 2 is indeed CAI, Pulley and tune. I went with JLT CAI, Metco pulley and Evo tune.

Whos stage 2 did you go with, and is the stage two basically the cai, tuner, and pulley?

I went with the JLT CAI (carbon fibre blue to match the car) and it comes with an EVO tune. Get one and you won't regret it. Only regret is I don't live near the autobahn so can you exceed the top US speed limit in about 7 seconds.

I went with the JLT CAI (carbon fibre blue to match the car) and it comes with an EVO tune. Get one and you won't regret it. Only regret is I don't live near the autobahn so can you exceed the top US speed limit in about 7 seconds.

'08........where in our lovely state of IL are you from?

After SLPs Loudmouth, and K&N insert I thought my car is fast, becouse it spun on 3rd gear.

Than i put 305/35/20 555R and... I can put the pedal to the metal at 2nd gear and nothing happens!

At WOT after switching from 1st to 2nd near 6k RPM the tires won't spin! It's awsome, but the car lacks power now.

I still have 3.31gears and I know that besides better grip, those tires are about 2" taller than stock, so the rear ratio is even lower.

Stage 2 + 4lb lower on the way from Evolution :) We'll see than.

Archived